CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He is right though, most YouTube people are just catering to people too lazy to read and do any research, and use that laziness to push their own propaganda to people who don't know any better.

New media seems to be alot of telling people what they want to hear so they get likes and subscribers, and then alot of money.

Not saying that is what YongYea is doing, but the only gaming stuff i watch on YouTube is Digital Foundry, so in comparison stuff like that is cheap, opinionated and also quite dull.

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yong does get some insider stuff as does quartering and breaks a few news stores here and there and lest for yong he gets e3 and etc access and get hands on and info that is not available to the public until someone reports on it.

yong is fairly neutral on most issues except stuff he fanboys on which how many of us could be 100% objective if he got into the offices of cdpr and treated us like somebody for even a day, bet we all would fanboi out. and i feel the same way about kojima i love metal gear series a huge part of my life going back to playing the first on nes at my friends house that had rented it, and snake looked like hicks aka michael beign or wth his name is.before kojima saw escape from new york or retconned it? yea i would probably recuse less you wanted a kiss ass take.

so yea his fanboi stuff i fully get. also like quartering because he is sarcastic crap posting and i find him hilarious as well as getting some information and coverage of geek topics. pretty good gaming was looking pretty good but not seen their content in a while since youtube wholecloth nuked my sub/playlist channel and i guess my view habit not gotten me into their rotation yet, or i ignored them for other stuff my subscriptions are varied and range across many topics outside gaming.

Redemption80 likes this.
  3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I talk about that first presentation where Yong praised it like it's something out of this world. Other people were there too, yet they didn't praised it that much, and they were right.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I guess there's also the personal taste involved here, CP2077 demos so far totally hyped me up. The idea i can drive through a Bladerunner city at night with a motorbike and a samurai sword on my back is mindblowing.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I bet there are already a few studio's working on Cyberpunk themed games in anticipation for this games success.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well since i wanted a 3d next gen shadowrun game i hope cp prints money and inspires smith and tinker to go all in on a shadowrun game that is not a isometric thing.

nice little games and all but i wanted to see that real world/cyber world/magic world worlds over top of worlds thing that shadowrun had going on. in full on 3d rendered in hd and in a living breathing world.

7. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    The only one who can change the gaming is you, or the consumers to be more precise. CDPR will change nothing if people continue to buy other shitty games.

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Hopefully it won't end up like Bioshock.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh and btw, @AsiJu , @Whiplashwang , @emperorsfist in regards to Rock Paper Shotgun....

Very, very professional and definitely adding to any "credibility" if they call people, obviously readers of them too, idiots and the likes :D
    This topic even made it to "mainstream media" in the "web" section of one of my countrie's bigger daily newspapers, about RPS article and the backlash they got.
    Made me chuckle and reminded me about our conversation on them here, see page 33 of this thread.

emperorsfist and cerebus23 like this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well bioshock was very good but the hype did make it feel a tad underwhelming?

i was still trying to self mange hype and all that back then and not nearly as good at it, i was pretty excited for bioshock too excited. very great game but the hype did mar it at release for me.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    BioShock also falls apart after the big "twist" moment about 2/3s of the way through the game. The last third of the game just feels hollow and empty.

Also, a lot of fans were disappointed after BioShock was heavily advertised as a spiritual sequel to System Shock 2. And, early alpha gameplay footage showed more depth, slower gameplay. And then the final game is basically just a shooter, with very lite Shock elements.

12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Really!? The game in which you can find ammo in the picnic basket?? Some people who wen't to vacation left a little bit of ammo in the picnic basket, just for you.
    Revolution!

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    No, i refer to the latest BioShit. There were no splicers in that game. But entire series is full of the same nonsense.

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    To me it was a disappointment. I expected something like System Shock, what I got was a dumbed down console FPS.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    so the E3 demo, running on the RTX Titan, was only at 1080p.

New card time :p

jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

So am I.
    The first BioShock is good, but really overrated. BioShock 2 is the best one in the series.

17. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    BioShock Infinite for me. The ending had me f**ked up lmao

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I know I'm on the minority, and I'm fine with that.
    I really like BioShock, just disappointed it opted for more of a straight forward shooter then the RPG elements that inspired it.
    Also... the pacing of the campaign completely falls apart in the last third.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you're arguing over subjective points now.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    BioShock has a great story, until the twist. After that, it just feels kind of lost and hollow. Almost lost. As if they didn't really know what to do after the twist.
    And, it ends with a whimper, a pathetic boss fight that doesn't fit the game's themes and tone.

BioShock 2 featured a better, more personal story. Better pacing and character development throughout.
    Also, improved gamepaly, combat.
    Of course, this is all personal opinion. And I don't care if others don't see BS2 as well as I do, I love it. And that's what matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.