CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Exactly, who cares if it runs at 30fps with Raytracing enabled, just turn it off and if you replay the have in 5 years you will have a better experience.

I've not played Witcher 3 either, partly because like Damien I dislike fantasy so it's a chore to get into the games, but also because I struggled with the second game and even with all I a flaws I found the original more enjoyable.

Cyberpunk is more to my tastes, even if it went first person and shooter. I need to look into it more though, as I'm sure there is alot more to the game.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    fantaskarsef and DocStrangelove like this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    :eek: Give Cyberpunk now !!

fantaskarsef, Dragam1337 and serbicu like this.
  4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Good then W3 is more like W1 and nothing like W2. ;)

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i was far more blown away with witcher 1 after i got a handle on the rhythm combat, took two goes at it though.

but once you got into the game the characters and world and adultness of it all is what made that game special, us older gamers were craving dark adult fantasy that few devs were tackling.

then you look at some of the details of that game that made it stand out, how npc reacted to rain and went to work and the pubs, and went home and went to bed. that was some great stuff to see in a role play game especially had you played any bethesda game where npcs are oblivious to everything going on.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The combat was the part that put me off the most at the start,and i don't think i ever liked it, but i just enjoyed the story and world more in the original game.
    That's what i've heard, but i'm not one who likes to give up and move onto the next one. Assuming my cloud saves are still working, if not then i'm done with 2 :)

I will probably be playing 3, while you guys are playing Cyberpunk though. I'm in no rush.

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I'm completely soaking up all CP2077 videos i can find atm.

Also looking forward to the nomad outer city areas where the gameplay is said to be more like MadMax.
    Gonna drive a bike though. Yeah, that's gonna be me - MadMax on a bike.

XenthorX and serbicu like this.
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Another great deal of new infos from YongYea.

CP2077 might actually be more mindblowing than we suspect atm.

cerebus23 and jbscotchman like this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i like yong but i gonna avoid his fanboying on this, i want to go into this more neutral the sucking off someone elses hype.

i am sure cdpr will pull it out, i had doubts on witcher 3 going full open world and they pulled that off, if they can get the engine running well and looking great with this and all the npcs and etc that appear to be in the game, it could blow w3 out of the water, BUT i am trying to not build up that kinda thinking in my mind :p.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    DocStrangelove likes this.
  10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    You're kidding yourself. There's no way you can avoid getting hyped until April next year. :D

cerebus23 likes this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Whaaa, you don't like MGS?!

just kidding :p

12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This YongYea dude is full of sh*t! He has praised that first demo so much, and i don't know why? Like i said before, these demos lack atmosphere and soul. These presentations so far are more about graphics and animations, and that doesn't impress me much.

13. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    They keep the best for the moment people are actually going to play it, hopefully. Personally I would not judge demos made for events like the E3, too much noise, too many fanatic kids and too much money revolving around it. I'd rather wait for the real thing. And by the way, I think you still did not see the second demo running, right?

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yong is a fan kojima and cdpr he fans heavily, does not mean there is not real information it just come with heavy fanning. not hard to know where yong is coming from if you watch a few of his videos.

15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I think we've only seen 2 demos so far and they haven't shown us the different decisions you can make and what they do to a mission's outcome.

Maybe we see that at PAX end of August, but it's harder to show the inner technical workings of AI and dynamic mission design than actual graphics and animations.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Watched a couple YongYea in the past, felt he added little to no value to the topic he handles.
    Also his voice compressor to make his voice sound deeper (from his live videos he doesn't sound anything like that) is terribly configured, sounds like a robot voice, it irritates me so much.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Who watches that stuff? The content on these kinds of youtube channels mostly consists of some dude reading tweets. Yey. Quality "content."

sertopico likes this.
  18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I think it's great, because I don't have a Twitter account. Also YongYea just seems like a really nice guy and always speaks his mind.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    In this case he gave us all the gameplay impressions he got after seeing the E3 Cyberpunk Demo behind closed doors. I was after those details because those aren't public atm. The demo will be shown for the rest of Earth at PAX in August.

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Lots of people that do not have the time or the interest to wade through numerous gaming sites and forums to get the news or to try and cut through the lies and propaganda.

So people like yong aggregate gaming news sprinkle in some consumer stuff, and the occasional drama bs.

So the dozen plus channels that do this same thing with slightly different styles and outlooks.

This became a thing because the gaming "news" media became click bait social media cancer crap posting garbage at best and at worst outright propaganda and lies.

Interestingly enough though this is industry wide as far as "news" goes. All old media is dying and new internet media is taking their place and people like young are part of that. politics, gaming, movies this shift is universal.

But do not worry old media is fighting back calling us sexists and rascists and homophobes and islomophobes and neckbeards and basement dwellers and extremists. and trying to force big tech to get rid of all of us. So only the corporate shill media can feed you what they deem is news and what your opinion is. So maybe you will not have to hear of these guys you dislike.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    DocStrangelove likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.