Free to grab: Rebel Galaxy at Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Epic Games is giving away FREE copies of Rebel Galaxy for one week, starting today and lasting until June 27th 2019. Rebel Galaxy is a game of action-packed combat, exploration, discovery, trade, and ...

Free to grab: Rebel Galaxy at Epic Games Store

2. magiQx

magiQx Active Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    I'm a bit late to the whole Epic Games Store party, maybe also somewhat uninformed. I remember reading reports that the Epic app behaves to an extent like some malware apps, slowing don the system and whatnot. This still true now? I'm not such a frequent player as i used to be but a free game is a free game.

3. Inquisitor

Inquisitor Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Hybr
    Oooh, I smell a tactic from them to grow the user base for the Epic Launcher Install

4. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Got 18 free games on Epic Launcher so far and I'll keep collecting them each week, why not. I'm not remotely tempted to buy anything from that store. I always buy my games in Steam sales. Just got Serious Sam 3 BFE for £2.99, which I consider reasonable for an eight year old game. There's no slowdowns or any problems beyond the rather simplistic interface. They want to give me free stuff, I'm happy to just take it.

sverek likes this.

5. Order_66

Order_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    I've been playing games from Epic since 1997 and there's never been any hint of nefarious activity by them on any level, all the BS about the store is just that, it's BS.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The only thing Epic is guilty of is their Store front is pretty crappy and needs alot of work. They had a sale a while back which was a huge fiasco because any time a user bought a bunch a games in a short amount of time their anti fraud system would kick in locking the user out from purchasing any more games. Another complaint is crappy way of them doing business such as PC game exclusives. Other than that I don't see anything fishy like you are describing.

7. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    I have no problem picking up a free game from EPIC, been playing Metro Exodus since Feb, plus the free games and UNREAL ENGINE tool.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  8. magiQx

magiQx Active Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    Thanks for the input.
    I'll give it a try.