Download: Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.6.2 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Radeon Technologies Group released Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2. This release adds new Vulkan extension support and improves on stability with fixes for end-user issues.

Support For
    • Added Vulkan™ Support
    • VK_EXT_host_query_reset o Allows resets of queries from the host, rather than on the GPU. ▪ VK_EXT_full_screen_exclusive o Gives applications explicit control over exclusive full-screen modes (this is for instance useful for HDR support).
    • VK_AMD_display_native_hdr o Exposes FreeSync2 capabilities for improved HDR support.
    • VK_EXT_separate_stencil_usage o Separates the usage flags for depth/stencil aspects of a depth/stencil image making it possible to restrict/expand the usage relative to the depth aspect.
    • VK_KHR_uniform_buffer_standard_layout o Provides more flexible alignment for uniform buffers, enabling among other things, the usage of std430 layouts in Vulkan.
    Fixed Issues
    • Wireless VR may experience performance drops across multiple game titles on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay may fail to enable or may be disabled when toggling Radeon Overlay while in game.
    • A TDR may occur when exiting some gaming applications that are using DirectX®12 API when multiple displays are connected and in clone mode.
    • Microsoft® PIX tool may fail when a GPU is connected using AMD XConnect™ Technology.
    • Crackdown™3 may experience an application or game hang on Radeon R7 370 series graphics products.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
    • ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
    • ACER Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen Processor may experience system instability when upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 using the Custom Clean Installation option.
    • Graphics driver may not uninstall correctly when using the express uninstall option on some Ryzen APUs.
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 Driver Version 19.20.01.07 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.12001.7006)

diy371, Krteq, LocoDiceGR and 3 others like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm I just checked as I was going through the chipset drivers what feels like less than half an hour ago and nothing so that was quite some timing. Nice to see another driver out!

EDIT: Ah it's not up on that page without manually altering the URL to 19.6.2 that explains it. :D

EDIT: Oh and the VLK runtime is up to 1.1.108.0 now.
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows

Guessing the AMD signed VLK runtime files are still in these but either one should work really and it's just the runtime but eh I like using the latest (And official version.) and it is backwards compatible so might as well keep it up to date even if the driver VLK files are more important than some later extension support the driver might not be able to use in full anyway. :p

Either works really. Ha ha.

EDIT: Well then let's see here.

amdhcp32.dll
    amdhcp64.dll

These two are removed from 19.6.2 compared to 19.6.1
    (AMD Universal Adapter for Abobe going by .DLL name info.)

amdhip64.dll

This is added as of 19.6.2

AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing OpenCL 2.0 runtime.

INF dates these as June 13th over June 4th for 19.6.1 up to 26.20.12001.7006 from 26.20.11015.9003

Or also 19.20.01.07 from 19.10.15.09 (AMD's driver instead of the Windows driver string I think it was.)

This parameter has been removed from a number of GPU devices.

PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd
    (R505, R506, Topaz, Picasso, Carizzo, Raven and Stoney)

And for Polaris 12 these two have been added.

PP_MCLKStutterModeThreshold
    AllowSnapshot

AllowSnapshot is also added for Polaris 11 and Polaris 10 plus R7500 (Vega)

For "Picasso" the following were also removed.

PP_Sumo_DisableGfxPowerGatingInUVD
    DisableFBCSupport
    EnableLBPWSupport
    DisableGfxClockGating
    DisableSysClockGating
    DisableRlcSmuPGHandshake
    DisableDynamicGfxMGPowerGating
    DisablePowerGating
    DisablePCIConfigAsicReset
    KMD_GartCheck
    DisableSAMUPowerGating
    PP_DriverEnableNBDPM
    DisableCailLoadUcode
    PP_DisableVoltageIsland
    DisableStaticGfxMGPowerGating
    PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable
    DisableGfxCGPowerGating
    PP_GfxOffControl
    DisableCpPowerGating
    EnableswGcFwLoading
    EnableswSdmaFwLoading
    EnableVCNDPG
    DisableAllClockGating

And then Vega20 (VII)

PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd
    PP_LWAC

These are removed.

KMD_EnableDesktopTexture

This was added.

And finally for the settings.

[ati2mtag_RemoveDeviceSettings]

PP_Sumo_DisableGfxPowerGatingInUVD
    PP_ThermalAutoThrottlingEnable

Was added.

PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd

Was removed.

So two new PP (PowerPlay I assume.) properties and then one got removed.

And there is no amdhip32.dll file so this is 64-bit / x64 only.

EDIT: And now the Atiapfxx.blb to Atiapfxx.xml

DXX profile updates.

Hitman
    Mafia 3
    Just Cause 4
    Twitch Sings

DXX profile additions.

Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

HighPerfGPUAffinity profile additions.

Tekken 7

(Well PXDynamic with a HighPerfGPUAffinity flag for a specific exe name.)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Goiur, Krteq and Jackalito like this.
  3. Its great to see constant support for vulkan.
    Keep them coming :)

18.10.1 WHQL
    Added Vulkan™ Extension Support
    VK_KHR_shader_atomic_int64
    This extension advertises the SPIR-V Int64Atomics capability for Vulkan, which allows a shader to contain 64-bit atomic operations on signed and unsigned integers.
    VK_KHR_driver_properties
    This extension provides a new physical device query which allows retrieving information about the driver implementation, allowing applications to determine which physical device corresponds to which particular vendor’s driver, and which conformance test suite version the driver implementation is compliant with.
    SPV_GOOGLE_decorate_string
    This extension provides two new instructions to decorate a variable or a struct member with a string.
    SPV_GOOGLE_hlsl_functionality1
    This extension provides two new decorations to extend HLSL functionality: HlslCounterBuffer and HlslSemantic.

18.11.2 Driver
    Added Vulkan™ Extension Support
    VK_AMD_memory_overalloation_behavior
    This extension allows controlling whether explicit overallocation beyond the device memory heap sizes is allowed or not.

18.12.2 Driver
    Added Vulkan Support
    VK_EXT_inline_uniform_block
    This extension introduces the ability to back uniform blocks directly with descriptor sets by storing inline uniform data within descriptor pool storage.
    VK_KHR_swapchain_mutable_format
    This extension enables processing of swapchain images as different formats to that used by the window system, which is particularly useful for switching between sRGB and linear RGB formats.
    VK_EXT_scalar_block_layout
    This extension enables C-like structure layout for uniform and storage buffers, allowing non-scalar types to be aligned solely based on the size of their components.
    Sparse Support is Enabled
    Sparse support relaxes the requirement to have memory allocated and bound to resources prior to being used. It also relaxes the requirement for the bound memory to be contiguous and for the memory bindings to be immutable.

19.6.2 Driver
    VK_EXT_host_query_reset
    Allows resets of queries from the host, rather than on the GPU.
    VK_EXT_full_screen_exclusive
    Gives applications explicit control over exclusive full-screen modes (this is for instance useful for HDR support).
    VK_AMD_display_native_hdr
    Exposes FreeSync2 capabilities for improved HDR support.
    VK_EXT_separate_stencil_usage
    Separates the usage flags for depth/stencil aspects of a depth/stencil image making it possible to restrict/expand the usage relative to the depth aspect.
    VK_KHR_uniform_buffer_standard_layout
    Provides more flexible alignment for uniform buffers, enabling among other things, the usage of std430 layouts in Vulkan.

Krteq, Jackalito and JonasBeckman like this.
  4. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Fluent Design transparency effects are working on my rig with these drivers and Windows 1903.

I didn't try 19.6.1, though.
    Cheers!

Krteq and LocoDiceGR like this.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yeah, it's great they constantly adding Vulkan support, except that barely any game currently uses it.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yep, transparency is also working with latest preview version 18917.

7. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    I tried Vulkan on World War Z , the only problem is I can't get the vsync to work. It's still screen tearing when vsync is enable , no choice but to use back directx.

I am still on 19.5.2 WHQL , haven't try this new 19.6.2 yet , anyone can confirm do you have screen tearing with vsync enable on 19.6.2 or its fix ?

Thanks

8. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Placebo effect or maybe not related to this driver but after i updated it bf1 seems to run a lot smoother, noticeably.

Also there is an update for chipset driver. It has overhauled installer, more separated from graphics stack.

9. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx

Sorry for the stupid question but what's "Fluent Design Transparency effects" ? The Readon Settings are kinda "not fluent" for me in previous drivers. Is that what you are talking about?

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    EDIT.: nvm

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Windows - Personalization - Themes - Colors - Dark/Light etc.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Transparency works with both
    Use freesync instead.

13. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    my monitor don't support freesync "that is why i am asking this question " do you get it ? and i am asking about 19.6.2 question , are you here troll and make people piss off ?

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Didnt try WWZ but i tried Rage 2 also running Vulkan with these and have no tearing using freesync. Im sorry for even quoting you. Wont happen again.

15. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    There are a few games which don't 'listen' to their respective Radeon settings profile, so I'm forced to set the Global settings to whatever the game needs. Sometimes creating a new profile pointing to the executable instead of the Steam ID helps.

Is this improved in the newer version?

I experience it in 3D mark, Blue Isle's Valley, south park Fractured But Whole, Train Simulator 2019.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Always like this: Creating a New Game profile - > pointing to the executable in Game directory.
    Im not having issues with Game profiles, sometimes game profile needs reset (start game - Play) and then set again to work properly (e.g. BF1 & BFV)

Note: You can launch Stem game with *.exe shortcut, it will automatically launch Steam for You BTW.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    patteSatan and Morax like this.
  17. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    This and the version 19.6.1 causes 3D Mark 11 to not work, it has some sort of DXGI error or something.

18. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    It's working fine here. Which test is failing for you?

19. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    It actually straight up fails right from the start. When I DDU'ed and reinstalled 19.5.2, it all worked fine again. (Vega 56 on Windows 10 1903.)

20. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    What’s the latest driver that doesn’t freeze memory clock, except 17.1.1?