Forza Horizon 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Very unlikely. The only other digital platform it might ever be released on is "torrent" platform.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It might, Phil Spencer has been talking about putting games on other stores recently.

Personally I prefer windows store games as everything feels quicker and more integrated into the OS.
    Still hate navigating said store though, and its even slower on an actual Xbox.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I read something about GOG and Microsoft going to link together?

Maybe not all hope is lost...

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Where you read that, GOG and EGS were the two they ruled out.

I'm a subscription guy these days, too cheap to pay full price for this game, or any game tbh.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's just a launcher, essentially the same thing as you adding a non steam game to Steam.
    It does sound quite good in that it it imports stats and could support chat across different DD stores, but it's still just a shortcut.

I wish MS put all the expansions on Game Pass, my boy would love the Lego add on, but then again they would probably increase the price to what Ubisoft are asking.

7. Windows Store is total trash. Just check how many and what services it's using to even start. Including Account Services, BITS, WindowsUpdate, Storage Services etc... Just another MS tool to keep track of users and force everyone to keep Windows Update enabled. Also, it's installing games into permission-locked folders, users don't have access to these folders so any kind of modding is impossible, you can't even check game files. The worst store there is without a doubt.

At least we still have GOG...

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

ah, the tinfoil hattery.

9. ah, the ignorance of uneducated.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I couldn't care less how may services the store uses, it's completely unimportant. I agree the lack of modding is not good, but for me personally it's not an issue as i ditched using mods a few years back.

I'm sure GOG is ok for some, but it offers me absolutely nothing as a store.

Anyway, anyone else playing the Lego update since this is not a thread about the store, this subject has been done to death.

Edit: It's so lazy to respond with comments like tin foil hat and uneducated.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ah the self importance from the "educated ignorant"

which is worse.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Sorry i had to start this chain reaction guys... it's all on me : /

Redemption80 likes this.
  13. olokos

olokos Guest

Demo
    Just having RTSS running even with detection none prevents Horizon 4 starting. It shows a splashscreen and after a while splashscreen is gone and thats all.

Because RTSS doesn't work in full Horizon 4 game, but does work fine in demo.

14. Nurlan_rr

Nurlan_rr Guest

GPU:
    msi gtx 1070 Sli
    Hi, help set up the profile in nvidia profile inspector in forza horizon 4 game for sli

15. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Sorry to disturb, but i thought i read something about Forza horizon series coming to Steam? Anyone knows about that?

-Tj- likes this.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Really?
    hm it would be great to use the same key there.. :)

17. Rafael_Morales

Rafael_Morales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I have Forza Horizon 4 and MSI Afterburner + RTSS does not show the information on the game screen, can anyone use it?

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Nope, and the game developer is unlikely to change it to allow it to work.

19. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Anyone has a step by step checklist how to tune a car and maximize it within a certain class? Or maybe a video link ?

I love the game but starting with the tuning stuff is very complicated.

Would you guys recommend turning off traction control and ESP ? (driving with a 360 controller btw)

Do you think tuning the tires, body height and tire temperature via ingame telemetry is a good start before doing anything else?

I'm trying to write down my own checklist here.

20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Sadly there’s no real single way to do things when it comes to tuning but there are a few things I’ve found that have worked almost universally for most cars on tarmac.

- Tire pressure, 27 PSI front and rear, sometimes 27.5 depending on the car.
    - Ride height, 4 clicks above minimum front and rear.
    - Differential for AWD cars, Front Accel 40%, Decel 10%. Rear Accel 60% Decel 30%.
    - Differential for RWD cars, Rear Accel 60%, Decel 30%.
    - Differential for FWD cars, Front Accel 40%, Decel 10%

I use these settings as a starting point for all my cars then tune the rest of the settings around them, seems to work well, as for assists I turn everything off apart from ABS, traction control I’ll turn on on a per car basis, some of those high powered RWD cars are almost undriveable without it.

If there’s any specific cars you’d like setups for I wouldn’t mind sharing some of the setups I’ve done, might help out with where to go with your own setups.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.