New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I leave here this from Phoronix who previously claimed that Navi is 100% GCN and therefore no extra driver changes were needed for linux.
    "As we've been expecting, AMD's open-source developers today posted their set of patches enabling Navi (10) support within their AMDGPU DRM kernel driver. Bringing up the Navi support in kernel-space are 459 patches amounting to more than four-hundred thousand lines of code, not counting the work done to LLVM as part of their shader compiler back-end or the yet-to-be-published OpenGL/Vulkan driver patches. "

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Acer releases its NITRO EI491CRP 144Hz 3840x1080 FreeSync 2 HDR monitor in the UK

Acer's NITRO EI491CRP monitor has now become available in the UK, shipping for a lower than expected price of £799.99 (at Overclockers UK), packing a super-wide resolution of 3840x1080, a 144Hz refresh rate and support for AMD's FreeSync 2 HDR technology.

The dual-wide monitor offers almost everything that a PC gamer could want, from high-refresh rates to Adaptive-Sync compatibility and HDR support, albeit DisplayHDR400 support.
    Thankfully, this screen's lower than optimal HDR support is made up for by AMD's FreeSync 2 technology, which allows games to make the best use of FreeSync 2 displays by allowing game software to display its content optimally after looking at the screen's specifications.
    This will allow FreeSync 2 compliant games to look their best on FreeSync 2 HDR displays.

Looking at this monitor's specifications we can see that FreeSync 2 HDR is supported alongside 120Hz refresh rates over HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2, though 144Hz refresh rates are also possible when using this screen's overclock mode.
    Acer also lists a variable refresh rate range of 48-120FPS, which should expand to 48-144Hz on overclock mode.

On the colour side of the spectrum, the Acer EI491CRPbmiiipx (yeah, the full name is awful isn't it?) offers support for an extended colour gamut, one which is equivalent to 90% DCI-P3 coverage,
    while also providing high contrast levels and low latency display input, as is required by AMD's FreeSync 2 HDR specification.

The monitor will ship with support for VESA mounts, with the display's stock stand offering support for tilt, swivel and height adjustment.

The resolution and aspect ratio of this display makes it equivalent to two 1080p monitors sitting side-by-side, allowing the Acer EI491CRPbmiiipx to act as a single screen alternative to a dual-monitor setup, which is great news for ultra-wide gamers.
    Such a setup with two displays would have a bezel sitting in-between a set to twinned monitors, making it unusable for most modern games, Ultra-wide monitors mitigate this issue entirely, which is why a super-wide monitor like this is well suited to gaming.

[​IMG]

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Rumor: No custom Radeon RX 5700 designs until mid august.

Tech site Fudzilla said it was surprised there were no AMD AiB partner announcements to coincide with AMD's unveiling of the first Navi graphics cards.

Probing a little deeper, it is quoting various sources and its headline says that custom Radeon RX 5700 designs won't arrive until mid August "if all goes well".
    Fudzilla's report sounds reasonable but, standing alone as it does, it might require a little pinch of salt.
    (BTW some Computex reports mentioned ASRock had Navi graphics card prototypes on show (see image below), but the AMD partner was cagy about exactly what it was showing.)

Fudzilla offers its praise to the reference Radeon RX 5700 XT cooler design - which will be your only choice if you want to purchase this card for the first month or so.
    As noted in the slide above, the blower type cooler isn't something lazily repurposed from a previous generation.
    It has a thoughtfully put together component set including air flow optimised and acoustically tuned contours, uses vapour chamber cooling tech, it is OC ready with its 7-phase digital power, and AMD has pre-applied a specially selected graphite based TIM.

[​IMG]

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    So it's kind of like with Polaris the customs will come at some point in time.

OnnA likes this.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD RDNA: Navi 10, 12, 14, 21 appeared in Linux drivers

AMD has introduced on the E3 Navi - a chip with überabeiteter architecture, which is now called RDNA and initially comes as Navi 10 via Radeon RX 5700 (XT) on the market.
    In Linux drivers now more models were spotted, namely Navi 12, 14, 21 and Navi 10 Lite. This stimulates speculation about other models.
    A data analyst has found hints on Navi 10, 12, 14, 21 and Navi 10 Lite in a Linux driver.

AMD would have in addition to the Radeon RX 5700 and Radeon 5700 XT, which are based on Navi 10, a whole series of other models in the hindquarters, put on differently tailored chips of the basic design.

As expected, it is now speculated about what these models might look like. General standard opinion is currently that Navi 10 and 12 are aimed at the middle class market, in which there are also the majority of customers.
    At Navi 14, it is believed that the cards are geared towards the entry-level market and Navi 21 could become a high-end card. Or at least be settled above the mainstream.

The code also includes the letters P and M, which are assigned to the words performance and mobile. In addition, two steppings to Navi 10 were mentioned in the data - A0 and B0.
    On the basis of the well-known information on Navi 10 or Radeon RX 5700 (XT) is now a table round, Navi 14 transferred to a Radeon RX 5500 and Navi 12 in a Radeon RX 5600, each against the GeForce GTX 1650 or 1660 could be addressed.

Navi 21, meanwhile, will be a Radeon RX 5800 and could be seen as an attack on the Geforce RTX 2080 and Geforce RTX 2080 Ti.
    The RX 5700 XT is known to operate on the same level as the Geforce RTZX 2070, according to AMD marketing films - for a lower price of $ 50

[​IMG]

Jackalito, Maddness and Undying like this.
  6. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    So, Navi12 or Navi14 as the base for the Navi21 (chiplets?)= ?

I'd go Navi12, with slightly lower clocks, or better binned chips.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    pharma likes this.
  8. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    We need nvidia to release the super series to see the "real" navi prices. They are way higher than they should be.

OnnA likes this.
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Naming is not important. It was not planned to release more powerful GPUs this generation, that's why given naming.
    Bigger/2 chiplet configurations would not be originally named as to look they belong to same generation.
    1/2 year delay may have changed plans and therefore naming. But name is just a name.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    How did they actually lie? I would really think 5700 XT is still Polaris replacement. I don't see AMD undercutting Nvidia by hundreds.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    People always have something to say.
    In the end is our attitude that really matters.
    Some are loosing trust to ATI/AMD that's all (some YT)

IMhO they can't match Nv offering right now thus 250mm2 chip at 449€ is slap in customers face (same as nv did).
    But RTX is RT capable H/W right now, ATI have nothing to compete with it.
    So if they priced this acordingly they can gain some market share that's all :p (DOA like some say)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well considering doing RTX on something like 2060 and 2070 is kind of moot point to begin with. I don't see why AMD even would have wanted such crippling feature on mid range cards at the current time. It's not even full blown ray tracing that they are doing in games now and it just kills the performance.

Evildead666, Embra and Fox2232 like this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup, sad but true.
    2080 and Ti for 1440p/1080p at resonable FPS w/RTX On
    But on 2070/2060 You can always make Great in-Game screens :p

Im more into Radeon, so im waiting for Arcturus HBM3 (or HBM2)
    I just can't stand this nV Win XP panel ;) (it's another brick on my wall)
    I like ATI tech more (even without RTX) but i hope they will deliver sooner that later those DXR Features.
    PS5 have it already :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  15. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    I think the same, the nvidia software is horrible, also I like to mess with stuff and nvidia you cant do anything.
    Just here looking for a cheap vega on ebay lol

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed. The joy of tweaking and tinkering, its fun and it makes your card running faster.

Nvidia is more like plug and play.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You should get One -> Vega 64 is a beast, and it gets better & better.
    So much untapped Performance in it.

Look at WWZ beneath (that game is taping Out Vega + nCUs (ACE x4))
    Now think about DX11 the H/W is here, that's why it gets #better on a driver basis.

Forza H4 harness only 2xACE :p
    DX12/VLK is here and it will be #bettered even more in the future.

The Power is here !
    13.66 TFLOPS -> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-64-liquid-cooling.c2992
    VS
    13.45 TFLOPS -> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2080-ti.c3305

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Exclusive: Frank Azor Joins AMD As Chief Gaming Officer

[​IMG]

Looks like AMD took a leaf out of Intel’s book and went out on a talent hunt of its own, managing to grab Alienware Co-Founder, Vice President and General Manager, Frank Azor.
    Frank had been with Alienware/Dell for almost 25 years and this is a big score for AMD as the wealth of experience Frank will bring to the table will surely be something the company can make good use of.
    I have also been informed that Frank Azor will be joining as Chief Gaming Officer.

rank Azor, Co-Founder of Alienware, joins AMD as Chief Gaming Officer

My source tells me Frank Azor will be reporting to Sandeep Chennakeshu, EVP of Computing and Graphics Business Group at AMD.

Frank is a well-known force in the gaming community and had recently tweeted and posted the following on his alienwarearena page, announcing his departure from Alienware and Dell.
    While he had talked about the next challenge, he hadn’t revealed any details. Now that we know he will be joining AMD as Chief Gaming Officer, we can’t wait to see what he will be working on.

Family,

As you saw in Ray’s earlier announcement, I’ll be leaving Dell as of July 3 to take on a new challenge.

A little over 21 years ago, I met a couple of lunatics who had an idea they called Alienware. When I met them and learned about the company they were trying to build, I thought to myself,
    “This would be the coolest job ever.” I was right, but none of us ever dreamed the brand would come this far – which is a result of all of you, your hard work and passion.

……………

So, yes, leaving is hard. But I do so with confidence knowing the talent here is the industry’s best and will take this business even farther.

Love,

Frank Azor

[Opinion] While I have only been told of his designation and his direct report, we can infer from the title that Frank Azor will be working in a creative capacity and helping grow AMD’s gaming initiatives across all segments.
    Since he’s the chief gaming officer, this includes the PC category as well as the semi-custom lineup (aka consoles).
    It’s even possible that AMD is thinking of reviving its side projects (anyone remember AMD Project Quantum?) that it used to show off at almost every major launch but failed to gain traction with the industry.
    With Frank’s contacts, he could be responsible for seeing those through in an industry that will almost certainly return his call. [/Opinion]

Frank has mentioned that he will be leaving Dell on the third of July so we should see the official announcement from AMD sometime after that date.
    [This is a developing story and may be updated intermittently.]

apple020997 and Embra like this.
  19. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    Sapphire EEC registrar for Navi GPUs : RX 5950 5900 5850 5800 5750 5700 5650 5600 5550 5500 (XT and non XT)
    [​IMG]

Embra, OnnA, Undying and 1 other person like this.
  20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    ^ Seeing RX 5900 XT registered side by side at same time as RX 5700 XT. And that RX 5950 XT...
    Does that mean they are close?