CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yes, thats exactly why people pre-order CDPR games and others not. You can do what you want, i dont care, was only saying how people change their pre-order behaviour over dev studios. ;)
    im gonna support them, too, but im still not pre-ordering games as i dont see any advantage nor do i want to support pre-order dlc bonus crap you only get when pre-ordering, i so procreating hate this.
    (when at Steam im gonna unlock them anyway, cos i dont accept to get "the pre-order dlc" by only pre-ordering,..but psst..)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  2. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Well yea, I have an actual monetary advantage to pre-ordering in this case, as I made it clear in my first point. The retail shop I pre-ordered from is $30 cheaper than the listed price of other retail shop here (EB Games) and at least $10 (or 20 can't remember) cheaper than GOG price and all I had to do was put down a dollar to lock in the price. The showing support is just the cherry on top.

Anyway I think we've taken this topic as far as it needed to be.

3. Pretty excited about this game, picked up a PS4 Pro today at GameStop - pre-ordered Cyberpunk too

4. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Meh!? Hahahaha!
    You know you can say that you don't like fantasy genre, but to say meh to these games is childish.

I also like Cyberpunk setting, but these 2077 videos did not impress me at all. Technically they are superb, but they don't have the soul, atmosphere. This is like enhanced GTA.

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    OT but definitely play Witcher 3 if you're at all interested.

I hadn't played previous games either, apart from trying and not really getting into Witcher 2.

W3 grabbed me instantly though. It's surely one of the best games I've ever played.
    Ofc it continues the larger storyline from previous games but you quickly get to grips what's happening either way.

Also you can fill in a lot of gaps by reading the game's excellent glossary / bestiary. There's probably one book's worth of text there alone.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I guess at some point, he can sing a song about how many people trying to convince him, lol.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, easily.
    I've always found it funny how people react when you say you didn't play a certain game.
    It's similar to when I tell people I don't like the MGS series.

I have some odd tastes, so, there are times... the big, critical darling... does not appeal. Or worse, I play it... and fail to see what everyone loves about it.

8. Everyone’s gotta love Witcher 3 you just don’t get it! You can’t be human *poke* *poke*

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm okay with that.

;)

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Where did you see ''30FPS'' ?

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    30 FPS was confirmed from one of the DigitalFoundry guys who actually saw the demo, and talked with the developers. There's a video I saw on YouTube, and the guy said it was running at 30fps.

here the video, at around 18:41:

And IMO I don't think it will be in their interest to show some demo at 60 fps, cause this one will be released on the current gen consoles, and I do not think they will have an uncapped mode or a 60FPS one. 30 FPS should be their target I presume.

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I'm not trying to convince you at all. I actually don't care will you play them or not.
    But to say meh is nonsense. These games have quality and have raised the bar.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i agree that the W3 raised the bar for all the AAA single player games, much like the Half-Life series back in those days.
    the first and the second game are also damn good.. but i don't think they had such an impact.
    having said that - i find the Mass Effect series for example generally better and more to my liking, and that's when personal taste comes in...

Cyberpunk looks to me like a combination between Deus Ex\GTA from the gameplay iv seen so far. since
    i like em both very much.. it looks promising and interesting.

already per-ordered on Steam anyway so ;/

cerebus23 and Dragam1337 like this.
  15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    "Impact" depends on hype. And hype depends on a gajillion dollars spent on marketing, giving BJs to "influencers", etc. They only did that with W3.

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    while i can't argue with those facts about marketing, i can argue about it being a genre changing game from my own experience.
    im playing around 21-22 years, and i think TW3 raised the bar.. he was "more and better" than everything you could compared it too, and even now in our present day.
    that's my take on it :)

cerebus23 and Dragam1337 like this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well one area where i think w3 did things a tad different to most modern rpgs, is mixed up the side stuff from being 100% generic padding, to a mix of the generic and the involved, much more like old school rpgs when quests, were txt and simple scripting.

whats old is new and innovating.

add that into the next level characterization of many of the cast, and you got something special. not the w3 reinvented the wheel entirely just tweaked how it was assembled.

coc likes this.
  18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    serbicu, XenthorX and Undying like this.
  19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    RTX On, 720p30fps, upscaled to 4K thanks to DLSS, running Titan RTX NASA Edition :eek::eek:

Embra, fantaskarsef and Rich_Guy like this.
  20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Or maybe they just pull a witcher 3 and remove it like they did with most things tesselation ;o
    Anyway, who cares, hope the game ends up looking good, tho NPC's didnt look that good in some of these new shots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.