NVidia Inspector 1.9.7.6 + FPS limit 59.7 = microstutter

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by 2mg, Aug 31, 2016.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Trial and error by those troublesome games.

1st try On instead of auto, if still not it then off. I usually set it on innstead of auto, only by few older games its off (FEAR1,..).

Same with shadercache off if threaded opt.- on or off doesnt help (Shattered Horizon,..)

2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I tried all of those, the only thing that fix is the Threaded Optimaztion OFF

It again depends on the game, there are so many games that causing issues with this settings including issue with Vsync Off . About the frameLimiting it seems only work with Vsync Enabled in-game, because sometimes Vsync in NVCP just doesn't work. There is not 1 rule to set them all. But every issue you might have is more close to this settings than others, taken your computer is 100% free of conflicting software and bios set + windows Optimization and such.

3. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Transparency AA is Nvidia's term more or less for Full scene anti aliasing (which sparse grid is a method of). It doesnt do anything unless a multisample value is set first. So either nvidia's control panel values or with nvidia inspector forcing sgssaa the driver can control the method's lod bias automatically and does so by default.

You can turn driver controlled lod bias off and set lod bias manually in nvidia inspector is what im trying to say. If you add or subtract lod bias manually while having driver controlled lod bias still enabled i dont know if it were to add or subtract lod bias on top of what the driver is already applying, but you should only need to set it on a game specific basis if automatic lod bias isnt working correctly. Have tried it with games like half life 2 and gears of war pc so i know it works for dx10+ applications too.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    There is no LOD adjustment when using TrSSAA and with SGSSAA, automatic LOD adjustment always works, unless turned off.
    It does nothing more than setting specific values for each SGSSAA setting you pick with Inspector.

5. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Glad we agree, although i dont know what you mean by "there is no lod adjustment when using trSSAA and SGSSAA". There is lod adjustment, its just controlled by default, by the driver unless you turn that automaticity off in NVinspector and pick manual lod bias values.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Well, since the OP has hopefully gotten his answer and is gone for now, maybe you two can help me solve something. No matter what I do in any game, I can't for the life of me get any of the NVCP or NVINSP Transparency or AA settings to work. The most recent game and the only one I'm playing until Civ VI comes out is Wasteland 2 DC on Steam. From what I've seen the engine is known to be picky and I can't even get DSR to work without changing my desktop resolution before launching the game. The aliasing is terrible but none of the settings I try ever work. Any ideas?

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Wasteland 2 in DX9 mode works and you need the anti-aliasing bits for this. List is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ekUZsK2YXgd5XjjH1M7QkHIQgKO_i4bHCUdPeAd6OCo/pub?output=html

For this game, the value is "0x004000C1", and as the document says. You can use SGSSAA or OGSSAA. It seems OGSSAA is better since it has no blur:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4920154&postcount=2338

Use Profile Inspector to set the flags appropriately in the game's profile.

DX11 does not work with any of this. With DX11 games, your only option is DSR.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Ok needed some more time to confirm but it is..."GTA 5" Now using a 144hz panel, capping at 60fps using latest RTSS v6.5.0 beta 6, stealth mode and custom 3d support on and vsync off...In game fps and cutscene fps are completely smooth and consistent everywhere....OMFG can't believe it's like a whole new game again...needed to share, thanks. :)

9. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    So, I'm still confused

Do we want Vsync in NVCP ? or do we want in-game Vsync ? that's the first question in general if it's possible to know for global. and when not to and when we should.

FrameLimit v2 ? that's should be the case for global use ?
    Vertical Sync Smooth AFR behavior , isn't that for SLI only ? if not then it should be On or Off in general when not using Vsync or when we do use Vsync , and which Vsync goes to the first question.

Can anyone who test it answer , because it's way too confusing I don't know where to start.

10. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
    i wonder if anyone ever put any thought into that extra frame when limiting via the driver being so as not to halve the framerate when vsync is used.

11. bobalazs

bobalazs Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 4Gb
    So whatever this is, with limiter v2 there is more input lag, as proven by this screenshot.
    [​IMG]

12. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Although this thread is a bit old, you are correct as the profile inspector's language was updated to note this.

Frame limiter v2 controls framerate more consistently at the cost of more input delay.

Since RTSS has the scanline sync feature, it's better to use that if you want to control tearing/framerate consistency.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  13. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    *accidental double post*