Radeon VII (Vega 7nm) - Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jan 20, 2019.

1. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    What I get out of this is the Vega 64 is really a strong card :) really hope it runs DxR or radeon rays, then we can compare vs Pascal. Will get one for sure Pulse 56 or Nitro+. The R7 will get better in time I dont think it will get close to the 2080ti maybe in Vulkan like world war z or engines like BF5.

OnnA likes this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ It's not surprise for me -> look at TFLOPs of Vega SKUs
    Yes this is clear now, TFLOP can/is match Performance in Gaming
    (My stock GPU is 13.66 TFLOPS lol)

-> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-64-liquid-cooling.c2992
    -> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-64.c2871
    -> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-nano.c2997
    -> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-56.c2993

As is aid many times, we need more DX12/VLK Games.
    Or at last Great DX11.2 or above ( newest is 11.5?)

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  6. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    How does the vega 7 do compare to rtx2080ti now days? Guessing drivers have been improved, also i see there is a special edition vega 7 card out..

Thinking about upgrading my gpu in near future. Maybe after summer. I need (Want) a gpu that handles 4k resolution, i can do fine without aa. My options are somewhat limited, vega or 2080ti. Navi dosent seem to cut it. Im really not that found of nvidia, giving them money is supporting them. Im not a fanboy in any way.. But im having a hard time convincing my self to choose amd.. Even tho vega would probably be better when it comes to mining, and 3d modeling related stuff, 16gb Vram probably will make this card age better since 11gb Vram isnt that hard to max out now days and im guessing 16gb would serve the 2080ti well if they didnt choose to put on a "minimum" so people want to upgrade to next gen faster... Tho, the 2080ti is still a beast, and i got more cooling solutions to choose from. Maybe ill go water.. Vega, im stuck with 3x fan option since i dont wanna build custom loop. How is the noise compared to good 3party nvidia card?

This is some of my toughs atm. What do you people think, amd or navidia for high resolution gaming and probably vr. Want a gpu that will last me a tad longer then my gtx1080. It was the best out there when i built current pc. So even tho i was one of those that really needed a 1080ti, i could not wait for it.. Now i can wait if thats the smart thing to do..
    Tnx for any input. :)

Btw, Not sure if its called radeon 7, vega2, or vega 7. I hear people use all these names. :p

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  8. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Embra and OnnA like this.
  9. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
  10. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    3d Mark is bugged. I wish that was my single card score, would be well ahead of a 2080ti.

11. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    The 1080ti does 31k a vega LC with good oc does around 28k. So that score is with only one card. A rx480 like mine bios modded does around 16k

12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Can you test some dx9-11 games, does it work?!

13. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Ah you must mean firestrike. Time Spy is using both cards. No single card is pulling 20k in graphics score.

Nope, I can only get it to work in DX12 games that support it and with vulkan in Strange Brigade

14. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    You can try monster hunter . Very optimized game. I know it's not the same but my hd7870 crossfire worked very well on that one.

Firestrike is the most optimized benqmark for any card. Timespy is horrible dx12...or like gimpworks dx12.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    This hump just doesn't know how to mod a R7 properly...

The_Amazing_X likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    In the end it is ATI Fault not his :p
    Every site testing methods are similar, ATI need to step up and make some Defaults better.

RVII is a good GPU, even better with LC.
    w/LC it can surpass 2080Ti in Lows 0.1 & 0.01% !

18. My Firestrike Score - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/19635635 - If my original 2700x didn't kick the bucket (my original one was a silicon lottery winner) unfortunately, my new one, well just lost badly! Thank god for Ryzen 3k coming soon! Using a byski block on a custom loop. :D Love the card, it is finacky overclocking it, as if my power play fails, pc locks up and crashes with 3dMark, which is a bit of a pain, but getting there! I know I can hit higher, just gotta work on it a bit more when I get the time.

Graphics Score
    32 842
    Physics Score
    23 409
    Combined Score
    9 807

Is there a way on 3dmark to find the highest VII score? I think, if I am right, I have the 3rd fastest on firestrike graphics score.

One thing I really miss are the pstates, also the fact that I can't dial in the MV and have to use a slider is kind of a pain sometimes. Fine wine though, Vega 64 ended up being a really amazing card from a slow start, I expect the same for this card. I JUST NOW FIGURED OUT THE MV, YOU DOUBLE TAP THE CIRCLE! WOOT!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2019
    OnnA likes this.
  19. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Yes, this is for the highest single card Radeon VII scores. Simply choose the test at the top, Firestrike etc and hit search:
    https://www.3dmark.com/search#/?mod...?minScore=0&gpuName=AMD Radeon VII&gpuCount=1

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV