ASUS ROG Previewed 4K 43-inch ROG gaming monitor with Display Stream Compression (DSC)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Kind of wish ASUS would stop announcing monitors 2 years before releasing them. Still waiting for the Ultrawide G-Sync HDR1000 they announced in 2017. This looks great for people wanting a larger display though.

RavenMaster likes this.
  3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Now we're talking! Would love a G-sync ultimate version of this but i suppose if its g-sync compatible that will most likely do the job. I see Acer also has a very similar spec model as well which they said they'd be releasing around Aug/September at $1300 price tag. If Asus want to sell their monitor they will have to stick to a close pricing pattern.

4. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Marketing DSC like it's good they had to resort to it :rolleyes:. Better than the alternative but for the prices Asus has been asking lately I find it insulting.

5. er557

er557 Guest

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    have been using the philips bdm4065uc 4K 40" from 2015 already, 4:4:4 4k @60hz, drived by 2x 1080 sli, frame rate locked to 60, fast vsync, any AAA title @4k ultra no problems at all. Higher 4k refresh rates are much more demanding on gpu and need at least two of them anyway, so my system is future proof for many years yet. Add the recent RTX ability to the mix, unlocked on pascal, and you have one happy camper...

6. TOPoCAT

TOPoCAT Guest

I'm glad that you're happy, but I doubt that a system with a sli of gtx1080 is future proof with a 4K monitor

You probably can't reach 60fps on every game, for example doom(2016) works worse on a SLI configuration than on a single GPU configuration

About dxr, I'm not a RTX purist, but dxr is something impossible to play at high resolutions without specific hardware.. maybe you are barely able to play games with only reflections, like bfV, with dxr on.. but with high rays counting, you will have big fps troubles;
    I bet that a gtx1080 sli can't reach 20fps on Quake RTX at 1080p, (it is f2p on steam if you want to test.)
    Counting that console will have dxr, pascal isn't future proof

7. er557

er557 Guest

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    Yeah, you can count dxr out for 4k on pascal, of course, maybe lower res..
    BTW, I run quake fine @976p, all maxxed out, ultra, sound openAL, it does support sli, also It probably benefits from my dual xeons of 72 threads.

8. tailspin

tailspin Member

GPU:
    ARES II 6GB
    This needs to be a curved screen....having used screens between 32-40 inch before, I would prefer screens to be curved, otherwise your eyes need to adjust to loking at the corners of the screen which feel "far away" as compared to looking straight ahead.