Cyberpunk 2077: PC version with raytracing, first screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    What's the inference there? That somehow their previous games did not deliver? I think most would disagree with that.

2. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    And... there goes the pre-order down the toilet. I'll buy it some months (maybe years) after release, when the game is fixed lul...

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I love how people complain and want to boycott this game although they can just... turn RTX off and enjoy the game still when it's good.

alanm, airbud7, yasamoka and 9 others like this.
  4. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well you know people; they will always look for a reason to complain and whine! The squad who will pirate the game because of RTX is inbound I'm sure, just wait. :D

airbud7, Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    So you don't think or believe that adding RT into such a huge game wouldn't need things reworked? Such as animations, level design? Are you really that naive?

Also, Metro Exodus was delayed, then all of sudden we get an update that the game will use RT, that is far too much of a coincidence. Also it was pretty much confirmed on their forums that the reasons for the the delay was RT implementation and some minor bug fixes with save games.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    There are few game studios I trust - this is one of them.

Odarnok, airbud7, Maddness and 2 others like this.
  7. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    This kinda sucks for me. Few days ago I preordered this game as happy AMD vega7 user(1080 gaming x dusting in locker) and now this...
    For sure I won't change gpu so soon, and as far as I saw this rtx enabled games it is gimmick or just 1 tech used per game title, like shadows in ROTR, reflections in BF5 and so on...so it suck. Especially f it is occupied with large fps loss.
    Will play game anyway, and, as AMD will deliver new cpu/gpu combo to nextgen consoles, and there are rumours about RT their own so...I have hope for some driver enabled for PC solution.

And as my preorder policy ( basically no preorders) this is exception. Only. This. Company.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Welp, I guess I'll be waiting until 2024 when I have a video card that can run it with the settings I'm used to. Assuming AMD release anything to compete so there will eventually be affordable stuff.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    100% agreed.

airbud7, Loobyluggs, Maddness and 2 others like this.
  10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    This is one game if reviews are good that would convince me to upgrade from my 1080Ti, not any of the 20X0 series though but whatever comes next. Current Nvidia cards dont have the juice for decent Raytracing.

Solfaur and Koniakki like this.

11. Ricardo

Ricardo Member Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    This! So much this!!

As a low/mid range gamer almost my entire life, I simply cannot grasp this obsession over playing a game on all maximum settings or not at all. Do they even bother to have fun playing the game? I mean, isn't that the whole point?

Does people know that there are settings that you can tweak in (almost) all pc games? So just turn on/off whatever you want and play the game however you want, stop complaining that it has MORE options than what YOU want.

A few years after the game was released we can always run it again with better hardware and appreciate the work done for it to look good at 240 FPS or whatever. If it comes out crippled, we'll never have that option, so it's just stupid complaining.

/rant

alanm, airbud7, Maddness and 2 others like this.
  12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You don't remember the buzz and hype before witcher 3 was released?

...Did you live under a rock?

Solfaur, Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. Problem with ray tracing is its for 1% of gamers. the people who dont have the hardware that is 99% of us take a game quality hit because the developer has more work to do so traditional methods take a quality hit.
    vortex works just fine with little performance impact.
    [​IMG]

14. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    They probably won't but let's hope they don't water down the graphics for RTX. Current RTX games could've had screen space reflections in places they didn't have them, because then RTX would seem less useful

15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I lived under the rock, would you kindly summarize the situation back then and the result?

Koniakki and Fox2232 like this.

16. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I don't think so this game is to big already and what I've seen it's pretty darn good, I bet it does just fine sales wise I know I'm getting it but thats me ...

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    That largely will depend on whether or not it's an nVidia sponsored title. If yes, then yes it'll be made in whichever way nVidia deem best for their business.

18. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090Ti
    This.

CDPR, in spite of their massive success, have remained a gaming developer you can count upon to make decisions in the best interest of their customers and games. I don't see that changing here. They are instead taking advantage of an opportunity to deliver something "extra".

I just hope April 2020 isn't too ambitious a date, I honestly expected late 2020 given the scope of what they're attempting to build.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Loobyluggs and Maddness like this.
  19. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    So everything I've read and understand about how the tech works is contrary to this point. It's basically emulating real lightning, and that means less tricky to emulate it. Once you have a directional light source from a day/night cycle for example a lot of the technology automatically applies to the other surfaces.

I keep reading this hate for the RT stuff, and while some of it has been lackluster (I'm certainly not a fanboy of the tech yet), I don't understand the hate. It's a hobby like anything else, people spend 10k a year on golf memberships alone and its worth it for them, so its all a matter of perspective. If you don't like it that's fine, but no need to be bitter about it because some of us are genuinely interested in it.

Ricardo, Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    In articles you did read. Did any of them actually cared to go into simplest of math? How many intersections/hit checks even RTX GPUs can do in reality vs marketing?
    How many rays you need per different type of ray use? (reflections/refractions/lighting/...)
    How does that change when you combine more of those technologies and are forced to actually add one more bounce.

Realistically speaking, if game does not try to be DX-R showcase and uses minimal (real-world like) lighting for all objects. Then it stays on the ground with as few reflective objects as can since in real world we do not really have that many mostly glass and gloss on cars. And finally adds refractions where we have mostly glass and water.
    This game may run reasonably good at 1080p resolution on RTX 2080Ti. And it will have to be done very, very carefully.

Instead you have game like Control, shown in another thread, that uses DX-R on something as flat as floor where planar reflection with proper shader can deliver exactly same result at fraction of performance cost.
    Even that SSR implementation they are giving in comparison could have looked same way as DX-R with proper shader... except left and right edge of screen.