Watch AMD E3 Next Horizon Gaming Event & Livestream - NAVI and Ryzen 3000 Announcements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    It would have been nice to see them post what memory speed they were using to achieve the benchmarks

2. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    fox, you dont need to explain the differences in encoding algorithms to him - his entire premise is flawed. hes saying hes okay with using GPU to encode, which would affect his framerate & frametimes, while the entire point of the AMD comparison was to highlight that higher thread counts allow CPU to encode at higher quality with no additional GPU load from encoding method - with better results than a much more expensive intel chip. his objection doesnt make any sense.

Fox2232 likes this.
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You are letting your Intel Bias getting the better of you with the troll posts. You already had two warnings handed out in one day.

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    WOW
    Ghost Recon Breaking Point really looks good.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Ok Boss!....dam sure sorry about that!...Love you/ Thanks.

I shall see my way out....

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    WOW 16 baby

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  8. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
    3950x is a bit expensive,but Intel have NOTHING to face that....

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    First of all, i did notice IQ improvement using NVENC for years since i switched to my RTX card. As you refer to comparison over the years i assume you suggest compared to previous iteration of NVENC

Feel free to check it for yourself:
    https://unrealaussies.com/tech/nvenc-x264-quicksync-qsv-vp9-av1/7/#NVENC-Part-2

GPU NVENC encode cost almost nothing in performance, for great quality output as analyzed deeply in linked i posted above. I suggest you give it a shot yourself.

At my modest scale of regular 4K streams with 7k subs on Youtube i do use those features regularly.
    Saying my "entire premise is flawed" is just arrogant and shows a lack of practice or test of this Nvidia tech.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  10. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    It looks like AMD is going to be kicking butt in the CPU department.

The GPUs look decent to me, at this point they look slightly better then NVIDIA at roughly the same price. While I would certainly like to have them be cheaper, at least they are genuinely competitive again. We'll have to see it team green lowers prices significantly or not going forward.

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I doubt I'd be willing to invest 5700 XT's worth in a video card, but the plain 5700 might be within my range, depending on how much the eventual custom models will cost over here. However, I will only really know what to think about it after reading the future Guru3D review. Ads are only ads, after all. I was initially interested in RTX 2070 when the price hadn't yet been announced, but when it was, I lost my interest. I can't really see my interest being rekindled even if Nvidia dropped the price considerably. Especially since 2080 Ti is what you'd actually need for the RT.

12. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    I´ll just say this on one thread.

No matter what, i´ll be swapping my 2700x for 3000. Hilberts judgement says which. I do hope you push those suckers af far you can with OC.
    Like, can 3600X/3700X/3800Z be OC´d as far as 3900X.

I am pretty temted to swap my 1080Ti for 5700xt, push that crap for oc limits aswell.
    Reason why, I´d need pay 200e for WB for this EVGA SC2 card (which is bad WB anyways, if i´m not mistaken). And even if i lose few frames on the trade, don´t care,
    i don´t mind giving my euros for underdogs, 5700xt ain´t that bad...

Kinda nice looking features AMD gave, if that really is, how they work, with as little of impact on frames.

But Guru3D, they shall tell the Truth. I´ll go with that. And so waiting for solid, non biased results.

13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    If I am not wrong, the RX 5700 @ $379 was compared against the 2060. The RX 5700XT @ $449 was compared against the 2070. Different thread two days ago states that the 2070 refresh price was $399. That places the 2070 $20 more than the RX 5700. AMD whole premise of leadership at the $399 price point was outdated information. Just saying that if every frame counts like they kept repeating they did not deliver. Like I said, was hoping but not this time.

EDIT: The prices maybe rumor but there are going to be products close to price points. The new tools being offered is great (only of interest to developers). If the performance of the unsaid products is on par with AMD's offerings, price is the only deciding factor.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ryzen is kicking some ass, cpus are looking amazing but i feel radeon is a faling behind again. There was no 5800/5900 with more cu's, maybe they are saving them to compete with rtx super.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    "x265 beats Turing HEVC at 6Mbps and 4Mbps. But otherwise the best HEVC encoder is Turing. It is also 3x faster than even x265 SuperFast."
    - quote from article

I hope you do understand basic scale difference in between what you do and what was tested.
    Those tests are done on 1440p resulting in 4~8Mbps for software encoders. Your scenario has just double pixel count and 7~10 times as high resulting bandwidth. That's what one calls waste.
    Thing which always played for GPU encoding was speed, not IQ per bitrate. Streaming is always about ability to make most of given bandwidth.

16. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    That doesn´t make sense at all! The GTX 1080Ti is a way better card!

lmimmfn likes this.
  17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Have AMD changed how they calculate TFlops or did i miss something? the 5700XT slide shows 10.14 TFlops and on wikipedia the Vega 64 XT is listed as 10.215 TFlops( single precision )

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Sooo...
    was Adore right?

It's a new dawn...RED DAWN :eek:

lmimmfn and XenthorX like this.
  19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    You're deflecting, your statement was than NVENC has been proven trash for years, i just showed you're full of crap as far as latest NVENC iteration is concerned and you're changing subject back to my streaming configuration.

While in the process adressing me like some dumb person "I hope you do understand basic ..."

I'm done trying to have any decent mature and educated discussion with you, this is just plain pathetic.

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I actually like the guy who's talking about the new Radeon, despite his mind seemingly working over-time to not f*** up. He's obviously not used to this, but, is trying his best.

As for the new RX5700XT, it looks decent and that latency thing seems really promising. However, I feel like I'd need to get two of them to get the performance I want for my next upgrade.

Fox2232 likes this.