CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Cyberpunk 2077 — Official E3 2019 Cinematic Trailer

Already posted in previous page by WhiteLightning.

This game is looking awesome!!
    CD Project RED is going to deliver an amazing experience with great graphics can't wait.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    "you're breath taking", that was real lolz!

Serotonin and XenthorX like this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It sure was! I guess that guy shouting out the phrase will now be called "The breath taking guy" :D

XenthorX likes this.
  4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i wanna say how floored i was by the short but still amazin descriptive post Zenoth made *(such a great read dude!!!)* i read it on my phone at somethin like 3 am last night unable to sleep and it reminded me to share the followin which is exactly the same kind of experience i am expectin from this game because up until now much of what we are hopin for has only happened through pure made up role play whereas in Cyber we may finally get to experience it all first hand in a disgustingly well structured way. anyways one night i was beyond bored in GTAV i n decided i would take on the guise of Ryan Gosling in Drive i parked up outside an npc house and sit in wait at night right in between two buildins directly across sat in first person mode hands on the wheel in the rain then, once the chosen completely at random npc showed up i watched them get in a car and drive away *(of course i had nightcall playin on a loop in the background)* anyways the narrative i had set up in my mind was recreatin Nic Cage in the movie 8mm who investigates a seeminly normal person who actually makes snuff movies for pleasure and money and it was down to me to put an end to it. the npc in question was a big fella and had got into a red pick up truck and i set off spottin that he had been stopped right away at a red light further down the street i pulled up about three cars behind him and noticed rifght away how erratic his drivin was tellin me he was a drunk who didnt care for the rules of the road and if he didnt care about public safety no doubt he didnt care about person safety either, this was my guy.

for some reason the streets were pretty empty this night rain was comin down hard and visibility was low so i had to make sure i kept a good beed on his bright red truck followin him to his eventual destination that could end up either the other side of the city or some place way off outside in the woods, i crank the music up to drown out some of the rain and about three streets in i almost lose sight of him as he unexpectedly makes a tight turn down a smaller dimly lit street and right as he does a poilce car crosses my path and for no reaosn i suddenly feel hesitant do i race down the street so i dont lose him and risk the cops gettin on my back? i decide to play it cool n let the cop car pass then i floor it right down the street to try and get a beed on the red truck luckily for me another red light has him stopped and im back on him in no time. all i can think about while slowly drivin some distance behind him is some placve some where there is a life in the balance right now nobody else knows about nobody else mebbe even cares about and if they live through this night or not is all down to me and what i do next. everyone has a mother a father everyone has someone and even if they dont on a night like this were the unimaginable unfolds behind closed doors right now right here this night, they have me. i wont fail them.

15 mins of solid drivin followin and as expected it takes me right outside the edges of the city all the way up the west coast the rain still wasnt about to let up and the freeway was fogged up makin it even harder to keep tabs on him with all the added traffic but i managed somehow about a third of the way up the coast his red truck joins a leave road and he comes to a stop right outside some kind of small motel. i do my best to pull over some place naturally where i wont lose sight of him and as i pull up he leave his truck and walks over to another dude takin shelter from the heavy rain. could this be the place? is this his partner in crime are they in it together? is the victim nearby in one of the dimly lit motel rooms perhaps? i knew i had to act quick but first i had to make it across two lanes of heavy traffic in poor conditions. as i reach the right side of the road one of the two men walks off and gets into his own car and begins driving off at this moment im unsure who to stick with what if the victim isnt here and its all just a pre meet before they both meet again some place else? i decide to run back to my car dodgin screaming traffic and get ready to follow the new guy i dont know if leaving the red truck is the right thing to do the victim could be in the motel for all i know its a chance i have to take. one i may end up regrettin.

this new guy has a fancy silver sports car which looks way out of place outside a low rent motel something tells me im on the right scent i smell money, i smell power, i smell coruption of the highest level not political corruption either morale corruption a monster tryin to live like a superstar. right away i struggle to even keep up with his horse power but somehow i manage to keep him in view at all times all the way up to a drive way he comes to a stop on at some pimped up beach side property, nice place. i bet its a wall to wall pussy palace inside as he is walkin up the drive to he stops to get out of the rain i calmly walk up take aim and get too close bumpin him he throws his hands up to fight me n i put him down. no words exchanged. no time to hang around.

i run to my car and floor it lookin back from tiem to time to see if any police are in the area altho essentially i only followed a random npc and killed a random npc in my mind i killed a really bad dude who was only ever gonna become an even worse bad dude had i not intervened perhaps i even saved a life that night hopin i gave whoever it was enough time to escape from were they are, i will never know. the point is it felt meaningful of my time altho it was my own narrative and set up playin it all out for laughs the impact i felt drivin back home in the still heavy rain was real and that is exactly what i want to feel in cyberpunk that i changed things like i have a purpose and i can make a diffrence in a world without morality.

soz if this is long winded i had it in my mind since i read Zenoth's post and was kinda eager to get it all written down hops it aint tldr.

Zenoth and Grimbarian like this.

5. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    He's not marketing it, he's in the game, mocap and everything.

You can bet that comes at a million dollar price tag, he's one of the hottest properties in Hollywood.

This ^^ !

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    XenthorX, Solfaur and jbscotchman like this.
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    ^^ Haha, that's awesome!

XenthorX likes this.
  9. I like Kaenu Reeves, but this announcement made me a little worried.
    Adding a well paid Hollywood star to a game is always a result of strong marketing focus and low confidence in the game itself. These marketing stunts cost a LOT of money that could have been spent on in-game content.

XenthorX likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Rubbish.

Serotonin likes this.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, I saw that. Meant him doing that in addition to his work on the game.

As for the idea that Reeves fee should have been spent on game content. I also believe that is rubbish.
    CDPR have spent enough on the game at this point, they need to direct the rest onto marketing to make sure this isn't their last game.

Dragam1337, XenthorX and Serotonin like this.
  12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You can't like Keanu enough if you find ways to justify complaining about him in the game. You leave him alone. He made this game 1,000% more awesome. The only thing I'm hating on is it's almost a year away still...

Solfaur and XenthorX like this.
  13. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    They are really hyping this game the proper way; without shoving content and new features down our throats. It was already very highly anticipated and then Keanu Reeves happened.

I personally believe he will play a minor part in the story; we'll probably see/hear less than 30 minutes of him in game. He's mainly here for marketing purposes. But whichever the case, I don't care; just having him is spectacular in my opinion.

14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I agree. It's a very clever move by CDPR. Between Matrix, John Wick, and Johnny Mnemonic he's absolutely perfect casting, and his appearance will reap multiples of the investment in return.

The dude is a legend. Throw in the Bill and Ted's 3 which is due for release 2020 -- same as Cyberpunk -- and this move is pure genius.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    OMG, they really did this haha, free copy for the Breath taking guy, jeez. STOP IT CDPR !

Solfaur and Serotonin like this.

16. Well that would be so sad if true...

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Johnny Silverhand is actually one of the famous character of the Cyberpunk tabletop role-playing game.

Undying likes this.
  18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Picked up the game for $28 USD on Steam Argentina great deal.Can not wait and can not wait for all the screaming of downgrades when game comes out,cause that trailer was just too good.

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    What the hell do you think E3 is? It's a giant marketing convention for companies to show off their latest and greatest stuff, and right now Cyberpunk is what everyone is talking about!

Serotonin likes this.
  20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.