[Feature Request] Option to limit screen capture only to defined apps?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Digika, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    It just became tiresome to delete 9999 screenshots of desktop space because I use F12 key outside of games as well and no, I do not want to redefine my screenshot key, I like it just fine. The issue became more annoying since 4.3.0 has a bug that crashes Afterburner sometimes on SaveMedia interop operation on a window that it just initializing (i.e. F12 calls chrome dev tools and I have set screenshot key to F12 so Afterbuner tries to save screenshot of not really yet rendered window and crashes).
    Anyway, that probably was fixed already and it isnt my main point. Ability to limit video/screencapture (as an option to keep legacy in check) to only defined in RTSS profiles apps would be megasweet.

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Your pain will be less if you redefine F12 in AB, trust me. Or do not use AB+RTSS while using chrome dev tools. ;)

3. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Thank you for your opinion, that clearly indicates you did not understand the point of feature request and reasoning behind it.
    There was no need to share it.

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I do understand but I seriously doubt Alex will take this request on.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    If you insist on using F12 for multiple things at once that's your issue.

I get your point but it's a lot easier for you to change screenshot key binding in AB or shutdown AB than it is for the dev to implement requested feature (just because a single person is unwilling to rebind a single key).

Andy_K likes this.
  6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is already inside since the beginning and there are multiple ways to do so. First, you may disable application detection for global profile so only apps with existing profiles will be hooked and captured. Second, you may set capture mode (it is located in videocapture tab but affects both screen and videocapture modes) to "3D application" mode then exclude unwanted 3D applications from capture with profiles.