EA apologizes for naming German soldier with name of an actual resistance hero

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

There was little or nothing political in the article IMHO.
    That is until people who are too sensitive about others being too sensitive showed up and got triggered all the way to freethinking the Holocaust.

scatman839 and LimitbreakOr like this.
  2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Google and Wikipedia are tools of mass desinformation...

Loophole35 likes this.
  3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I'd bet it's like trying to pick a char name in WoW.

Everything you come up with is already taken. So many fought and died in WWII that i bet most names would be there.

airbud7 and schmidtbag like this.
  4. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    Yeah I Didn't see a political point either

Some people are professionally offended by free thinking, maybe they should go live some place ran by a communist government and see how far they get.
    This is a tech site go find a forum with like minded offended people and keep the bs off this site, Definitely not an order just my opinion ‍♂️

airbud7 likes this.

5. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    where are the politics ? oO

6. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

And I would appreciate if you respect our

FREEDOM OF SPEECH MOFO .

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Regardless of if there's anything "political" in this news feed or not, i'm confused by you......

In what possible reality do you live in where you get to tell the OWNER of their own brand/company/product what they can and can't do with it?

As to the topic at hand, there's disclaimers in all games especially ones deal with actual world history that states the game is a work of fiction and any names that are similar or the same as one found in that historical period are coincidental. So, i'm not sure why this is news or why EA are doing anything about it. That disclaimer is there so they don't have to worry too much about names. What, do you want WW2 games with names such as Siemhut Druqeats instead just to make certain you don't pick one of the hundreds of millions of peoples names who were part of WW2?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    scatman839 likes this.
  8. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I find that those who jump out calling others SJW are usually just as sensitive when it comes to issues they care about. Most of these sensitive people I've met are so delicate that they'll hate you based on your political opinions.

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    People act as if EA did that on purpose. If you believe that, you're an idiot. Sorry.

It's called "human error", people. Yes, somebody made a mistake. Jesus effing christ, this fake outrage at random things these days.

10. Geoffrey Morris

Geoffrey Morris Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080GTX
    People actually still play this garbage?

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's a great 2nd post.

12. Geoffrey Morris

Geoffrey Morris Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080GTX
    I must of missed the rules to what a 2nd post can say, thanks for pointing it out though.

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I'd say it's a far bigger deal the Allies thanked the original man for resisting the nazis by killing him, rather than EA accidentally using the same name to depict a different sort of a German. It's kind of ironic the nazis themselves didn't kill the anti-*****, yet the Allies decided to do it.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Honestly... who cares about a reskin for 10$/€ anyway... not even remotely interested in that crap.

15. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    I'm not sure if the two examples u give actually belong to the same category. The first one is clearly "orchestrated" to favor a certain view on history. The torture and death, the genocide of thousands of civil jews and other etnias (who most forget to mention) is an undeniable holocaust, "the" holocaust, while the genocide of thousands of civil Japanese in Hiroshima and Nagasaki followed by the physical and psychological torture caused by radiation on survivors (burns, cancer and malformation) seems to be nothing of the sort.... (it's not about numbers, but the atrocity of the acts).
    On the other side, thinking "homosexual" is an offensive term looks more like individual or small ad-hoc community thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I don't think EA did it on purpose but I think they being so verbal about it is kind of trying to turn it on free advertisement :S

16. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Yes please censor all news so that I can live in a happy bubble oblivious to others pain and suffering. [​IMG]

17. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Who cares.

Just fix the bugs in the game.

Sometimes I can hear planes as if they are next to me, some of the graphics is messed up on both PS4/PC. Not all maps.
    Killed from Behind cover when the enemy shown that killed you is so far away and not even visible. Since last update it's much worse.

New map is decent, but the bugs are a Joke.

Either use a new engine for BF6 or a New team. or both. Found out how bad the engine was from Anthem.

Running the series into the ground.

E.A just destroy everything.

18. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    DICE at fault again if you can say so. I want to remind people this over sensitiviness is pretty much an issue only in USA. People want to harrass companies and people on the internet and get attention when they complain about nothing. It is some very retarded behavior, but I guess it comes down to that when people are jealous of others on social media, who get attention from many people. You have to think out of the box when you see ridiculous harrasment like in this article, since normal healthy person just wouldn't care about this "issue". Climate turns rather serious if people are let to be extra sensitive; even my comment here could offend many (on the internet) and if it does I feel accomplished. Everyone needs to remember that almost nobody has the wits to complain about stuff like this in real life, face to face, but on the internet you can harrass all you want since no law will get you in trouble. Bring back the banhammer!

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You're welcome.

20. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    @NewTRUMP Order: Yes please censor all news so that I can live in a happy bubble oblivious to others pain and suffering.

Exactly what establishment wants - the dream every government dreams of: dear citizens, don't bother yourselves with thinking, reasoning, arguing... Just swallow whatever you're served with and don't worry, be happy... You don't like it? Well, you are not allowed to disagree, anyway, 'cause it is a Speech Crime. You still don't like what you've got? Just wait and see what comes next (cute little thing called ThoughtCrime)...