Destiny 2 is partially free to play

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 7, 2019.

1. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    the cap level is boring as it is. Getting +30 power by playing full month 5 hours per day is boring. I got burnt out trying to get to PL 700. Why would they increase it further after such a short time is beyond me.
    And how can a clan have 1000 members when the cap is 100? If you refer to some dudes making 10(!) clans and you are in ONE, you are in a 100 member clan, you have no contact with the other 9 clans (you can have some people in your friends list but you cant complete CLAN quests with them now can you, because - not the same clan! :) ) I'll bet you a 100$ that at least 50 ppl are inactive, because all you do is PvP and rush daily/weekly asap.

new raid? smh...new strike would have been a much better option content wise. Those raids are mostly out of the touch with the theme of the game and super boring, artificially prolonged for the sake of duration itself. And once you see people completing them using only abilities, without firing a single shot, you get how well designed those raids are.

PS. I am just going to go ahead and admit that we probably can agree to disagree. What I was hooked on was a good shooter in PvE environment, good feeling of gun play etc. Then they start shoving the worst possible PvP I have ever tried down my throat. Crucible is a joke. Everybody has that "one" layout with weapons that they don't even enjoy, and dumb yellow pieces that gives them the ability to cheese and the rest is up to ping.

2. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    clearly you didnt read my post.. go back and read it again... we are a 1000+ member clan broken up into diff branches-. with 100 members per clan, constantly full with a backlog of people wanting to join, we had to open up our 11th branch around a month ago so more members could be invited... we communicate via discord to keep all the clans in check.... each clan has a leader and several officers.. who report to the main clan weekly.... if things within the clan arnt going well.. or a clan leader is slacking said leader is demoted and one of the officers is promoted, at which time a new officer from the many applicants is promoted to said rank.. we have a 10 day inactivity policy.. if a member is inactive for 10 days they get booted from the clan at which time we invite people from the backlog that either applied via our website or applied via the bungie app.

we have a weekly twitch stream where we choose a member of the week , who usually wins a free steam game or steam giftcards , with one of the weekly winners being nominated for member of the month with a larger prize...

we have members online at all times of the day from various timezones... there is however a rule where you must be speaking english only when chatting within clan or discord.. members include people from the states, aus, korea, and various places in the uk.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    so it's a pay-to-win demo...

4. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    most of the guns (around 70 percent of them) were released in year one... and the free version of the game includes all content in year one (the base game plus the 3 dlcs). each gun has there own advantages depending on game types and many of the guns are on = footing to newer guns, every gun has a counter ...

so for pvp id say your on = footing and nothing is pay to win , gear level is disabled in all ranked pvp modes, and there is only one gamemode where it is enabled for one- two weeks of each season (normally at the start and end of a season)... this mode is also a unranked pvp mode where people with higher power levels will be using a consumable to reduce there power level to earn all the rewards and complete all the quests (some guns from iron banner can only be earned if your a lower light level than the person you killed)

on the otherhand if your a pve player, then yes it is like a demo ( a very long 20-40 hour demo depending on how you play ) due to the fact you wont get the newer STORY content including raids without contributing to the games success.

5. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Good for you, still, as game is concerned, you are 10 clans, wanting to open 11th.(I wrote this in previous post)
    Also, since they nerfed clan rewards and made the whole process abysmal, the advantage to being in a clan is almost non-existant. Having friends to play with is always a better choice than a bunch of children screaming about this or that, calling Destiny a mmorpg etc.
    Anyway, congrats, and good luck!

PS. As a PvE player, I do a lot of gambit, strikes, nightfalls etc. There is a lot of content other than a storyline.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Destiny and Destiny 2 sales, dlc sales, and player count beg to differ.

7. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    i can agree with you on that to a point ... although most of our members are 18+ with a rare exception here or there.. (if they have fam, that want in etc),

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Sales =/= Good product

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Product being good or bad = Subjective.

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    PL 700 was not difficult or too time consuming to reach. Just need to know how to go about it. Even quicker on a second character. Prime engrams are one's best bet. That is where the whole clan thing kicks in. If the clan is active and plays together, everyone in the clan gets a Prime Engram for completing Raids, Crucible, Night Fall, Gambit, and then the clan point contribution. That is 5 extra engrams for being in a clan allowing one to level up that much quicker. Do not know where the clan system is fracked up information came from. What is fracked up is that the whole fraction rallies were removed. That mechanic made PvE a challenge and gave the hand cannon Crimson a purpose. The fact that they offer a PL power surge package @ 690 is a joke. Plus the fact that what was always dropping at PL 700 before Season 7 is now dropping at 685. That is what is fracked up. Ascendant challenges because of that are not worth doing anymore. Which means less engrams for leveling purposes. Same goes for Blind Well. Spider's major bounty is still worth doing for leveling purposes. The one item in season 7 they improved was how one can get masterwork cores easier (bounties from gunsmith).

11. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    I tried it for free on battle.net and it was fun, to my surprise, but pointless for me nevertheless, i already have a time sink named Warframe, which i play for six years. But because there will be no problem in importing saves from battle.net to Steam, i will try it again for sure.

12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I thought you said a game was dead when content stagnates? Basically saying the game isn't dead.

13. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I payed pretty good money for the base game and the first 1 or maybe even 2 dlcs (dont really remember it's been a while) but the dlcs really did not feel like they where worth the money and it felt like the game was artificially limited so dlcs could be milked. So anyways I burned around 90$ for a game I was quite unsatisfied with and now it's free....

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Now that Bungie is free, I wonder if they still own the rights to Oni?... I would love to see a remake... or a new take on Oni with current gen graphics.

15. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    A piece of turd is also free 2 play

16. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Destiny always seemed okish , but after playing years back Warframe i really found no reason to pay for destiny instead of installing warframe again , i can not really talk if destiny is better or worse though never tried.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    new content can be stagnant and offer no real progression value, which is the issue destiny 2 has run against.