Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I still feel robbed paying for a ticket to watch TLJ...

2. Catching a glimpse of the original scenes they added into their remake reminded me of why I fell in love with Science Fiction, Fantasy, Lore etc... brought me back to being a kid... man Disney... has not pulled it off. They have really made Star Wars into a political, sociological animal - it's ... disappointing. The original Trilogy gave you a ticket to escapism, a ride to a Galaxy Far Far away... escapism for a few hours. Just pure unbridled fun. No Force-fed agenda.

Darkest, HandR, XenthorX and 2 others like this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, while i really felt The Last Jedi has tarnished the Star Wars brand, i'm also grateful we got the Rogue One movie, with its down to earth, gritty perspective.
    Also looking forward to the upcoming Mandalorian serie, and as i liked Force Awakens and J.J. take on Star Wars, i'm still hopeful for a 'decent' episode 9.

All in all, i feel the Disney take on this Star Wars trilogy, with each director having their own freedom to do whatever they liked on their own movie, was a huge mistake which might end up in a complete incoherent trilogy.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Rogue One was worth it for the Vader scene alone, so freaking epic, it gave me goosebumps more than once. Force Awakens, while not that bad, was very uninspired with the recycled plot, very forgettable imho. Solo was kind of fun, but yeah... all 3 compared to The Last Jedi were masterpieces.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    the only Star Wars movies i have bought recently are rogue and solo and altho that gets some hate i do feel it captured the older feel of the movies really well something that neither tfa or tlj did and what they set up at the end was actually decent a shame it was all for nothin. i will never understand disney there is practically a step by step guide in the form of fan fiction on youtube *(look at vader)* fully representing what we all want from SW in the modern day and yet they seem incapable of comin close to anything resembling any of it. I will never watch TLJ again as long as i live that movie is beyond disgrace it fkin broke my heart that film did fk that director and his failed subversion tactics.

The mandalorianl looks like giving us the closest thing to what the movies should be servin up thank the heaven for Favreau.

Solfaur and XenthorX like this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have only seen two SW movies at the cinema once each time, the original back on its release in 77 when i was taken to see it as a child, and TFA just with family and nostalga, after that i saw the rest on the various home formats over the years, but out of them all i have only switched off two mid watch due to complete bordem.......Solo and TLJ, and that is saying something when the Phantom mence trade war and diplomacy talks holds your attention more than those two movies. lol

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I saw the "OT" back in the 90's in the cinema, then all the prequels. Nothing new as i just don't like the cinema anymore.

I really need to get round to watching TLJ, thought TFA was ok and liked Rogue one alot more than i expected.

I'm not even sure i'm a Star Wars fan anymore, rewatched the OT with the wife (has never saw them) last year and while i still enjoyed most of Empire, i thought A New Hope was bad and Jedi was awful. At that point we ditched the idea of watching the prequels.

Saying that i think this game looks good if it turns out to be what they are claiming it will be.

XenthorX likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    my grandfather took me see a new hope when i was wee lad, my uncle took me to see empire when i was a kid, and i think i saw jedi with my grandfather because we watched the og movie so many years ago. cant quite recall though.

i saw the prequel premier night myself, i went on whim and the theater had one ticket someone had returned or not claimed. And even then when people were like how was it i was like well the pod races were cool and lightsaber fights were ok. only time i have ever seen any of these was the viewing on release. beyond that i never wanted to sit through any but revenge of the sith the best of the lot.

clone wars was very good though.

tfa was ok it had too many "mystery boxes" and it was a beat for beat remake of a new hope with some gender swaps.

tlj came along and said well skrew the fans, skrew the cannon, lets just do whatever and "subvert expectations" nm it it breaks the universe or turns the story to dog crap.

rogue one was half a good movie drop the first half of the movie and it is tight and fun enough. fun fact i fell asleep TWICE trying to watch rogue one the first half is awful slow plodding and the characters are just there because they are required to be, not very engaging to try and watch.

never saw solo, the pandering garbage, plus the guy they chose did not look like han or ford i understand it was perfectly meh outside some bs. not nearly as bad as some made it out to be.

But gaming forums and all i had all the dark forces games, jedi academy, pod racer even, the battlefront games were the major ones i skipped, but if i saw a star wars game at best buy i got it in the lucasarts days. probably was playing asherions call at the time, i missed like 10 years of games playing that or darn near it. and when SWG dropped my pc at the time could not run it.

we see about this game it is EA and unless this game is the best star wars game in years, then i perfectly happy to skip it because of EA. but if it is a good game, with a non expolitative pricing model, then i might swallow my hate and buy the first EA game in 10 years or so. last i bought was me.

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Seems all the best Star Wars games were made decades ago. X-Wing, Tie Fighter, XWvsTie, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight (1&2), KOTOR (1&2). Some other decent ones since. There have been dozens of forgettable or just terrible Star Wars games.

If this meets early Jedi Knight standards, I'd be happy.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    To be fair Battlefront 2 is a great game which was killed on release by absurd microtransactions, but it's in a great spot now.

11. Agreed, as it is technically "Disney" I recant my Disney comment earlier... I completely agree with you. When I saw the teaser for the series and the main star reveal I was.... floored.

I could not have said this / wrote this better myself...

:D Liam Neeson / Ewan McGregor right after Train Spotting man...

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2019
    XenthorX likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think Dave Filoni will be directing one of the episodes as well, if that's true I am sooooo excited for that one...

One little fun fact, the "Ghost" spaceship from the Star Wars Rebels animated series has a very small cameo in Rogue One, near the end of the film when they are having that epic space battle trying to get through the gate down to the planet, the Ghost can be seen for a few split seconds flying around.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  13. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    hopefully it's good but i'm skeptical.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Titanfall 2 was great.
    And, given that Respawn seem rather steadfast in their idea on what they want the game to be, I have hope they can deliver.

XenthorX likes this.
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Respawn studio history is really fascinating, they're a very talented group of people. Founders of Respawn created Medal of Honor, then created Call of Duty, then Titanfall...

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
  17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Did anyone watch the game play? It looked awesome! Really reminiscent of Jedi Knight Outcast.

The Phoenix likes this.
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Twitch chat is so procreating toxic it's ridiculous. "AI is crap, graphics are crap, environments are crap" when it clearly says "Alpha Gameplay". I'm personally sure that many things will improve and of course they don't play on Hard difficulty. Dumb kids!

I personally think the game looks great and I'm really looking forward to more information and footage as it get closer to release. Right now I'm pretty hyped and I would definitely consider buying this.

I'm glad it's not Frostbite too which should make the game play great. Frostbite is fine...for Battlefield game, but that's it.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I didn't think it looked bad, but did look abit too linear and kinda dull.

As mentioned, it is likely on the lowest difficulty setting though.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  20. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Found the gameplay reveal a tad underwhelming. A little too Tomb Raider-ish for me.

Serotonin likes this.