425.31 best drivers for 1080 TI?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by johnny87au, Apr 22, 2019.

1. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Just curious as i recently finished building my rig and downloaded 425.31

2. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Latest drivers are best drivers unless there's some specific bug - in which case we usually see a hotfix for anything serious within a few days.

It's not even a question worth asking anymore tbh.

3. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

So i guess just roll with it dude unless theirs a hotfix?

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I have found these drivers to be good on my 1080Ti thus far. I do keep a clean zipped folder of 399.24 around, just for those games that perform better or have less issues than the 400 series. Mainly, Gear of War 4 but there are others.

5. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    I read at the nVidia's Reddit from the guy that always tries the drivers: Latest ones if you are on Windows 1809 or higher, 425.31 if you are on Windows 1803 or lower. I don't know how accurate this is, but I am at 1803 and downgraded from the 430 ones to the 425.31 after reading that. I was having some random and strange lag spikes at R6S, with the 425.31 drivers, the issue was gone.

Bakern likes this.
  6. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    I really like the 435.27 on the insider ring its been the best in months

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    What has changed from before?

8. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Probably nothing. That guy always posts that the "best" stuff is with the latest update. If I am not mistaken, he is one of those update "rings" from MS and he says he is very happy with the latest Windows build because there is "almost no" stutter.

9. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    On my system its just more stable on the games im playing. Its not it the notes but it seems they fixed the dx12 crashing. Dx11 also looks a lot more stable as well with frametimes. Its probably the newer windows as well helping as i think there finally getting away from the horrible 1701-1809 stutter and overall crap performance in gaming. 1903 has been much better.

Smough, I dont really post at all more of a lurker, I have had a really rough performance with hitching and stutter and I can tell you along with standby list and the newest version of windows that on my system its night and day. Having no more crashing on div2 which is been happening since week 2 is definitely worth posting about.

10. dmduncan37

dmduncan37 Guest

GPU:
    3080 gaming OC
    Hello.

I currently have this drivers on my PC. Do you advise me to change drivers ? if so which version ?
    My games are Hell Let Loose, Steel Division 2, Total War Warhammer 2, Fallout 4, the Witcher 3

Thank you

11. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    aaaaAAAA just use the latest and if you have a problem THEN post about it

Smough likes this.