The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If I'm going to buy a game for UPlay, I tend to buy it off of GMG instead.
    I've never bought a game directly through UPlay, but have several that I've bought and registered keys with them.

emperorsfist likes this.
  2. TU3.1 is out and what a surprise... they didn't even touch the GUI. It's as broken as it was after TU3.0. Now I'm finally done with this game. The core team that actually developed the game is probably working on some other projects and noobs are "updating" it with new bugs.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice. Though yeah the UI needs some work, might be in a worse state than on launch in some ways.
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2064269-Maintenance-June-3rd-2019-COMPLETED

EDIT: "!"

Argh.

Well that's about my one complaint so far on the UI, 0 items and still a "!" for some one thing.

And some placeholder stuff is still there from the beta and occasionally it doesn't flag for new items or there's some other prompt or delay and the press or hold or these four or so buttons for various functions.

It feels like a PC/Mouse focused interface wouldn't hurt but it's probably not getting any major overhauls.

I'm sure there's other stuff too and that eye popup at the start needs a toggle too.
    (At least do loading while it's on there and not after it's gone although loading times are at least down to regular speed now after that earlier hotfix.)

EDIT: Nothing on the hyper aggressive AI and their melee tendency either but at least "Get the [bleep] off my cover and get you own!" is listed when they rush straight past you and take cover behind whatever you are on sometimes the same exact object you are glued to currently but the other side making for some ridiculous blind fire or turret or drone antics to get the unwanted personal-space invader off. :p
    (There's some settings to help it but trying to get off cover and instead rounding it or sticking to it can also get you killed when "I Haz Shotgun!" pops you in the head from way off in the distance.)

EDIT: And I think grenades were fixed earlier too in order to be less pre-emptive and homing.

I cast magic molotov at the agent! <- Some former D&D fan or outright dungeon master joined up with the Hyena squad or was it the outcast.

No the outcasts had suicide bombers I think, how does that even work with the purple and elite promoted ones?
    (Eh it's a game they come back as everyone respawns!)

EDIT: And some other stuff but eh it's a game!
    ("I can raise the dead as a level 18 cleric!" <- Other rando D&D fan joining the Tusks as a medic electrifying the former task force member who got hit by incendiary and had his grenade pack exploded in the process.)

(I put a car battery and nip clamps on my drone! :D Those things can be a real pain...)

EDIT: And still playing the game a bit daily to and from though no specific goal, it's fun but there's little to really do and the GRIIIND! for the oh so special cosmetic only chests and probably some outfit is not really my style but eh it's alive and more content should be landing later this year hopefully.
    (Raid #2 might be the Pentagon and probably some mechanic flying dragon or whatever is popular these days and then there's the not-so-mini gunner specialization and maybe a map expansion this time? Would be fun.)

There's a "Secret Site Entrance 1" thing on the map from the 3.0 patch so might expand further north at some point. :)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b850ro/discovered_secret_site_01_entrance/

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    What was the armor exploit? How did it work? Notes say the people used it got a warning on their account? Lol...

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    There was some low level blue armor with 700K armor. So not only you take much less damage but with proper skill also do much higher damage.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah that and normalization and way higher than intended stats from using focused blues and the way stats and scaling now works which is really weird because blues kinda disappear at higher levels let alone tiers so that almost drives people to use additional low-level mules and then this about the way it messed up PvP normalization in the dark zone area to just boost the stats although it's good to see them giving a warning and for later exploits I assume bans will follow if the same players are utilizing these.

EDIT: What was it, blues have one much higher focused stat and then purples get two and yellows three although this uses mods as a example but also applies to stats, sure the base damage and armor likely changes with rarity and the silliness of Gear Score reversing a bit from the first game where ranges overlap so a 460 something can beat a 490 something.

But yeah it probably needs another pass, changing things up from the first game but going to need some updates to get it all in order, missing the skill scaling too instead of requiring these 2000 - 2500 range skills either forcing player to use lower level (Alt characters.) or balance via these slot-in batteries which might not be enough anyway.

EDIT: I'm no expert though but it seems a bit off, trying to make players hit GS500 and then the balancing and scaling means lower gear items are outright better both stats and talents wise.

Kinda seems incorrect to need a second character with a less upgraded craft bench to make blue items only for use with the high-level character too so it has less requirements and also a single but much higher stat instead of splitting off and going into a complete RNG hell of randomization and minor bonuses.

EDIT: And then also weapon classes like rifles and shotguns under-performing. Shotguns and how the devs discourage melee and then give shotguns melee damage (Still weak though and disadvantageous to players.) when it perhaps should have close range damage bonus is another thing.

Update 4 perhaps can switch things around a bit for the better and some of the current issues and what feels like placeholder or broken, pretty sure cosmetic drops also broke since the TU1 release and no longer appear and I know I don't have all of them yet.

Some attachments doing the same thing and some having no penalty and others retaining a penalty feels like it's temporary too but we shall see I guess. :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yesterday the game crashed three times in a row (while on a mission with others) and since the current nVidia drivers have a problem with DX12 in this game, I tried DX11 but it didn't feel smooth at all and was quite "stuttery" plus my FPS was lower than in DX12.

Do you guys play with DX11 or 12?

8. I use DX12, but I don't see any real difference between DX11 and 12. There might be slightly better frame pacing/stability under DX12, but nothing significant.

btw. D2 doesn't crash on my system. Last crash I had was in beta.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    DirectX 11 here although partially for ReShade compatibility until a patch later on with a newer EAC whitelist signature makes 4.3.0 more compatible. (Silly client side whitelist system when it could be a global server side file updated more regularly.)
    That and poor experiences with D3D12 although early games and probably part that and part also the early driver support, emulators utilizing D3D12 run fine so that's a good sign at least.

Shame games are mostly abandoned or well were mostly abandoned before the Gaming As A Service model and what could have been for some of these with one more patch or two but well I suppose Ubisoft's new direction and model will see how their games change now from 2016 - 2017 and shifting over to a multi-year support system with smaller and larger content updates and regular patches instead. :)
    (And instead DLC and micro-transactions and various buffs and boosters and ever so slightly skewing players towards these though exactly how much varies from publisher to publisher.)

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I use DX12, much better performance, although the shitty endgame content (or lack thereof) means I've given up on the game for now.

Serotonin likes this.

11. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Pretty much the same here, Got bored playing the same thing over and over and I usually loved a good grind.

Dx 12 is much better for me over 11 also

Serotonin likes this.
  12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Grinding blueprints, that's why I'm still playing, although not so many hours per day as before.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah hand in eighty of these four - five resource types (Three at a time, two green and one blue rarity.) and hope to fill out the missing blueprints slowly maybe doing some missions or any remaining content once the story is up but the build variety isn't quite there and the grind and randomization factor makes it a very lengthy grind.

Rotating invasion missions which you have no control over (WTH.) and the stronghold plus one or two occupations of either of the two settlements although you can travel by foot still and a lack of other end game activities. Think there were plans for the Castle and there are remnant of other settlements and areas plus some stuff since the 3.0 patch but that could be months away from any meaningful updates. :)

Going to be interesting to see if the Pentagon raid is next or some other content update out of three(?) current planned for this year or what the plans are for now, Title Update #4 is probably a ways off at least.

EDIT: "Title update 4 on the test server!" Alright then game, guess that's happening a bit faster then than I thought ha ha.

The game isn't bad and there will be some fatigue for the end-game content and more content as players wrap up these world tiers (I also miss being able to select these yourself.) and then itemization and the grind for a optimized build.

More exotics, sets and content but it'll probably come in due time I'm hoping, current ones could perhaps see more tweaks too.

EDIT: But exploring a very accurate 1:1 of part of Washington D.C for almost 100 hours before hitting stop isn't bad at all, taking some time to explore and get content wrapped up with some ups and downs but still having a lot of fun. Not bad at all though it also lets one see the various flaws, faults and issues and also problems introduced in patches and other changes during this time but it will be nice to see some additional content eventually. :)

And more bug fixes and improvements, now what is TU4 doing here..gunner huh.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/bwp1hn/the_division_2_title_update_4_pts/

Would kinda break things a bit but 160 points and starting from scratch again though eh it's not too bad and pooling them would just keep players going with a singular choice until filling out the others so it's understandable.

Will be interesting to see how this little specialization will be like. :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Same here. End game stuff is terrible. Not my cup of tea. Really want to stay invested in this title, but it's novelty has worn off. I'm not feeling this as much as I did the original. And I really want to. I read Destiny 2 has a new expansion coming. I might jump back into that. Both games have their highs and lows.

15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Division 1 end game was so much better, miss the underground and Survival and stuff like that.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I haven t touched this game in probably a year, no one plays it

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've started playing this game more and more the last two days but I must say that matchmaking is almost impossible since nobody seems to play it. Did they give away too much loot at once? ;)

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Absolute no problems regarding MM no matter what time.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What GS do you have? I only have 320ish. Maybe most people are already at max ?

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Max - Yeah ok, thats more like it. ;)