No one is talking about John Wick 3!?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Serotonin, May 31, 2019.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I felt it was the best of the series! How often can you say that about a third part of a series? Just an amazing pace they kept up with the entire movie. Man, what an amazing series. I'm not a big movie guy, but this series is just absolutely awesome. What did you Gurus think?

https://i.**********/FsRtQpTw/download-1.jpg

XP-200 likes this.
  2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Big fan.

airbud7 and Serotonin like this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    There is another movie out, my god, between game sequals and movie sequals we really need to increase the hours in a day. lol

signex and Serotonin like this.
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    it must be good.....

Lionsgate's John Wick: Chapter 3 earned around $2 million yesterday for a new $113 million 13-day domestic gross. That positions the $75 million Keanu Reeves sequel for a $115 million two-week domestic total, putting it ahead of all of Reeves' non-Matrix movies save for Speed ($121 million in 1994) and Something's Gotta Give ($124 million in 2003).

Serotonin likes this.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Hell I preordered this on apple TV. Had $25 bucks in an apple account since 2011,it was time to waste the $25 bucks.Love the John Wick shows.

airbud7 and Serotonin like this.
  6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Loved the action totally spot on but not as good as the first two. Not really a fan of finding out more about the high table and although the women playing the investigator was amazing, a potential movie stealer but yeah the back ground the deeper explanations it's bordering on being a little bit silly. If you have an issue or a problem you pull out some coin, or symbol or emblem and suddenly it is fixed or has some deeper meaning. The charm of the first and a little less the second was that their were signs of a bigger thing but we got a tiny little look at the surface and this movie went a tad too far with showing what lay beneath that surface. Yes it may give some clarity and drive to the story arc but I am still not sold on it being needed.

My god that fight scene with Hallie Berry and the dogs was awesome. That'll teach Bron.

Then again given this movie released two weeks after End Game the fact it is doing as well as it is shows just how good the movie really is and it is 100% deserved.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Serotonin and Babel-17 like this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Loved it, but i need to rewatch it in english, saw it in dubbed french T.T.

A LOT of reference to The Matrix trilogy,filming during which director first worked with Keanu Reeves :oops:

Serotonin likes this.
  8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Great action movie. They don't make them like that anymore.

(I always wanted to say that.)

Serotonin, kens30 and XenthorX like this.
  9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    2 was sleep inducing. It's because there really is no plot to care about, you know he's going to go videogame mode on hundreds of people and that grows tiresome. Some nice environments though and Keanu seems to be a top bloke IRL, I just don't think really succeeds in getting a rage going on. It's as if part of his diet includes Valium.

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I would have imagined you guys would be in perm movie thread talking about, well movies :).

I loved John Wick, 2 was not as good as the first mind you, but hopefully 3 will kick that up a notch.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    1 was great
    2 was okay
    3 - need to watch it

Serotonin likes this.
  12. Babel-17

Babel-17 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I saw it on my birthday, and the theater chain gave me a free popcorn. :)

The action sequences were plentiful, varied, and top-notch. Haley Barry looked like she must have been gifted to start with, and then trained her ass off, so she was actually a welcome addition with the considerable role she had in the film. Her acting and her lines were also very good. The writers didn't short change her.

The plot was just there to laugh at, though every character was well placed, and decently drawn. The cast was top notch and sparkling with vitality.

The second unit director was at the top of their game. I'm looking forward to re-watching all of that, and it was a pleasure to see such non-cgi generated action up on the screen.

The quality of the display was impeccable, and this is going to look beautiful when it's released on 4k blu ray.

Serotonin likes this.
  13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    For the movie fans among us, there are two distinct references I noted in John Wick 3

1) Keanu says his famous line from the Matrix "Guns, lots of guns"
    2) He builds an old Western Revolver from various parts lying around -- this is a direct reference to the Gun Shop scene in "The Good, the bad and the ugly"

Overall great film, I would say 3rd was better than the 2nd.

Also his use of slugs with the shotgun... pure perfection.

Serotonin and Brasky like this.
  14. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    2 wasn't good because Ruby Rose is the worst "actress" ever and having an Australian Female Lesbian as a scary assassin doesn't work.

15. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I remember her, she was like 100 lbs soaking wet. It's like yeah you are going to go hand to hand with a dude that is double your weight and could throw you around like a doll.