Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The guy say he won't comment on Epic sale: interpreted as, "oh he has something to hide, it MUST be terrible"
    The guy end up releasing a comment: "Oh he backtracked!" "Oh Epic must have bought the comment" or "He HAS to be constrained to say this by Epic contract!"

Come on, this is paranoia/complotism

Facts are, according to statement, it sold less on PC than each consoles respecticely. But Earned more money in total from PC.
    Meaning Epic Games lower cut on sales is working as expected, making developers cover their margins more easily.

Archvile82, Carfax and D3M1G0D like this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Can't believe people are still bashing EGS over Metro Exodus. EGS is shaping up to be one of the best game stores on the market, offering both free games and former console exclusives that would never had made it to PC otherwise.

A full on street battle between EGS and Steam will be beneficial for the consumer and PC gaming in the long run, I have no doubt. If Gears 5 makes it to EGS, I will definitely be buying it there rather than from the Microsoft Store.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Archvile82 and XenthorX like this.
  3. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I don't like EGS exclusivity either but I can't blame Epic for being aggressive. They've seen how hard it was for Uplay and Origin to make a dent on Steam and figured they need more aggressive methods.
    Customers have opted for Steam even for a game like The Witcher 3 instead of GoG, despite GoG being DRM free

As for the various game companies themselves, it must be appealing to get cash up front. And the way they see it, if they sell a game for 60 USD on Epic instead of Steam, they'll get 52,8 USD instead of 42 USD for each copy.

Archvile82, XenthorX and pharma like this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    or what seems to be mostly happening they going to uplay and getting the games there vs use epic. that is a even bigger win for ubisoft.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    For what it is worth, did not see this mentioned anywhere except in the Steam Forums. For those that do not like the most current Nvidia driver 430.64, Metro will crash upon launch because of Ansel. All one needs to do is disable Ansel and even the once prone DX12 crashes will disappear. Disabling Asel: (for me) C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools\NvCameraConfiguration

Launch that application and at the very bottom of the popup that appears, select disable and then save. Now any pre-430.64 driver with Ansel ability can be used.

pharma, XenthorX and anxious_f0x like this.
  6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Thanks for the heads up :)

XenthorX likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

Cannot wait for the Quantum Dream games, formerly console exclusives to be available. I haven't had any console since my former PS2 and those game are awesome. Tried to play them with the playstation pass, but you need a PS3/PS4 controller otherwise you end getting stuck randomly... sometimes in the middle of the game, when they use a feature of the PS3/PS4 controller!

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Not really a deal, Metro Exodus is 1499 RUB on EPIC directly for multi version, that's 20.49 euro :)

10. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Hello sorry this might come off as being dumb but If I own a physical copy of the game on xbox one can I play it on the epic store on our pc or do I need to buy it again on the website? I think I read somewhere you can share your games across platforms ect.... Thank you.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    nz3777 likes this.
  12. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Crap! Okay cool thank you for the reply might just wait until it launches on Steam if ever.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol all that drama and ill will for nothing. Must keep people from playing it on steam. Well done Epic and THQN. :rolleyes:

AsiJu and Kolt like this.
  15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting to see it hitting the Win Store but there's probably some clause on Steam in the agreement there though and perhaps even Uplay or Origin if they still do third party releases as Win10 Store is probably not competing with either of those two although Microsoft is changing things up at least.
    Hmm wonder if they have the Win32 stuff in place already or if it'll be UWP and some sandboxed type environment and various protections still...

EDIT: Well it seems less than ideal to not hit the more popular store fronts immediately as a first choice if the deal is no longer in place at all I mean, user total and potential sales and incentives like short memory and big flashy 10% discount heh.

Sure there's some posts and internet backlash but do that and it'd probably top the sales chart quickly which also happened when they initially stopped Steam sales leaving some days for last additional orders.
    (Which seems to have worked just as well as hoped seeing the jump to near first position for top sellers for a while on Steam.)

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Epic may have paid them well but people must not be actually buying and playing the game if they're effectively dropping the EGS-PC exclusivity. Keep ignoring the game and they may even break the 1 year exclusivity lol.

I'd expect the game to be Win32 on the Store though. The xbox app did have an alert on 1809 and older that it is being retired in favour of a new desktop experience on 1903 and newer so I'd say we'll see some news about that during E3. They did try out some "gaming technology" during 1903's insider days after all.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, Epic's main focus has been Steam. They don't seem to care about any other store, Division 2 released on Epic and UPlay. The Outer Worlds will release on Epic and Win10 store.
    Epic know that Steam is their main competition, so instead of actually trying to compete with Steam... they are just locking them out.

And, that's not working. Division 2 blew up on UPlay, Metro Exodus' PC sales were "meh" and I honestly bet, even with it's issues, people will jump on getting it on Win10's store just because it's not Epic.
    But, yeah, it's annoying to see this move, but still know that it's still about 8 months away from coming to Steam.

cerebus23, Kolt and JonasBeckman like this.
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I think they're also trying to avoid even mentioning Steam from what I do remember and it's good to see it might push for regular Win32 if that's already in place.
    Dropping exclusivity I can see THQ doing because they also tried to outright avoid mentioning PC specific sales and platforms from memory of a recent interview but the game is probably doing alright though a up front sum and maybe covering X sales or possibly part of that initial sum compared to potential overall sales and I can see THQ or the investors being keen on getting that out and trying to get the game up on other platforms.

Win 10 Store could work but I don't know how popular it is although with Microsoft too being keen to use Steam though also improving the Windows PC store front and features that's interesting although overall sales are probably not competitive with the other clients and other problems and features or lack of these.

Epic Games Store seems to have a number of users and getting alright sales for some games too so it's going although missing targets for features and other problems is a issue still though I need to read up on the latest developments here too.

EDIT: Well who knows, business agreements and NDA's and all kinds of clauses and conditions or terms and back and forth if either side feel the other maybe isn't quite living up to expectations and corporate well whatever is going on here.

This is a change though and a pretty significant one from the year of exclusivity which other titles are now doing half a year so that is also notable so it's something to watch for how this unfolds.

EDIT: Competition itself isn't bad though but if the client offers little over it's rivals or less then that is a issue, I'm not against the effort or anything but how it's handled and marketed or pushed isn't the greatest plus other issues that have cropped up although they are working on it but it's probably going to take some time.

Outright interfering with these purchases of exclusivity isn't something I like at all either but it's business I suppose at least between the publisher or smaller self publishing developers and EGS securing some immediate cash for use though long-term can be problematic once that's spent. Well what do I know, will be interesting to see how this all goes for 2019 and beyond.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The win store will always be the win store as far as I'm concerned :p Dropping UWP has me very curious about it but it's still ultimately an inferior choice v/s Steam unless you also play on Xbox. I'll wait and see how it is. I hope they convert FH3 to a win32 package so I can give it a second chance. Since MS said they're bringing everything over to Steam, this isn't going to change anything in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if XBL integrates deeper into Steam's service at this rate, especially considering the new x-play trend.

As for Epic, they couldn't secure a year for BL3 even though that will be their biggest launch speaks volumes about how far they're willing to go. Their roadmap also keeps getting delayed. Can't say I care too much, if people are okay with buying on the EGS then they don't care about any features in the first place.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Zzzz..... zzzz..... hrmhwhaa?.... EGS didn't work out the way they wanted?..... wake me up when there's something we didn't know already

Zzzzzz.....

lucidus likes this.