Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint May 9 reveal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 4, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    A few months ago, a Ghost Recon Wildlands update dropped hints that pretty much everyone took to mean a new Tom Clancy game would soon be announced. It’s taken some time, but it looks like those teasers are paying off in the very near future. Another hint has dropped in the latest update, and it points to an announcement one week from today. The original teaser pointed to a fictional organisation called Skell Technology, and the latest – noted by YouTuber coreross – shows an invitation to an event called Skell Con, set to take place on May 9, 2019. The time for that event is set at 11:30 PDT / 14:30 EDT / 19:30 BST, so you’ll probably want to tune into Ubisoft’s usual channels around that time.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/new-tom-clancy-game

DocStrangelove likes this.
  2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    watchin shroud playin a sponsored Wildlands stream and he showed off the very same invitation in the game,, he said he knows it something big but not sure what but he will be streaming on the day a lot of chat who are familiar with the game are saying it will either be a Wildlands 2 or even a new br mode announcement which wold be awesome af

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  3. Interesting, I liked Wildlands a lot I'm looking forward to this announcement.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Would love a modern take on Rainbow6 going back to its roots:
    - Training / shooting range - maybe being able to enhance your physical stats somewhat with that /
    - Briefing phase - maybe even a short recon mission in the actual map where you try to get more infos without getting spotted
    - Planning phase
    - Action phase - maybe with unforseen circumstances that are random each time you play the mission

And everything in SP or Coop of course.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There is only one Tom Clancy game i want and thats a new Splinter Cell.

Kolt likes this.
  6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

This. 100 times this.
    Until they announce a new Splinter Cell, I don't care what they "plan to do" with Tom Clancy games.

serbicu, Undying and Kolt like this.
  7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    And it better have Michael Ironsides as the voice actor! (Not exactly a requirement.. but damn it would be awesome if he's back). That is one iconic voice actor.

serbicu likes this.
  8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I'd love a Wildlands sequel, wife and I played that through together twice, so much fun!

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    say hello to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint

[​IMG]

rly lookin forward to the live reveal tomorrow as i played the crap out of Wildlands!!!

JonasBeckman likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting leaked info so far, will be interesting also to hear what tomorrows reveal will do and if the leaked info is accurate or not.
    (Spoilers. Yes spoilers.)
    So the old Ghost team is dead then and this guy went rogue and has a drone army on his side.

EDIT: Other bits.
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/gh...sive-collectors-edition.115838/#post-20582989

From: https://www.resetera.com/threads/gh...th-at-11-30-am-pt.115414/page-2#post-20518390

* Modified bit inserted or well removed to avoid what could be considered as spoilers.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Fighting against mostly weaponized drones sounds boring as fuck.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Shataan and signex like this.
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hopefully there's more to it you can almost get the same experience in Wildlands though by putting on Tier 1 mode and here's dual-SMG cocaine bro doing his interpretation of the T-1000 heh but they do have some actual personality and can be fun to fight (Outside of Tier1 mode at least.) whereas some drone or robot platforms or whatever might be a bit more boring. (At least they won't talk about cohones all the time.)

El Sueno and his underlings had a bit of charm and personality too even if some of the missions were kinda skewed difficulty wise which militarized robotics wouldn't really have if Ubisoft is going for a more realistic Ghost Recon type experience even if it's not quite the same as the old games.

EDIT: And the Operatives lovely little handler and her hands-on approach to everything. :D

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    countdown has started,. a drone is covering the planet and old campaign missions from all the older GR games are showing up as it does which is kinda cool

https://www.twitch.tv/ghostrecon

15. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Wasn't blown away by the reveal. Although it has some cool new mechanics. Such as the healing and terrain camo systems. The rest of the game looks like Wildlands, just with more unique AI threats.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC

This video made me really want the game. I love the new camera placement (similar to RE2 remake) and the new "survival" elements. You can also prone and hide yourself with mud..

Definitely keeping my eyes open for this.

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I'm still slowly finishing off Wildlands. This looks interesting but I can hold off for a sale. Probably.

18. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
  19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Anyone else in the beta? I got in and have 3 keys to give to friends if anyone wants one? Seniority will take precedence.

[​IMG]

Starts 12pm CET today!

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    PhazDelta likes this.
  20. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600

Me please !!!