AMD Announces Ryzen 7 3700X, 3800X and Ryzen 9 3900X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2019.

1. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    Thanks. At the end I decided to go for 2x8GB 3200Mhz and upgrade to 2x16GB (or more) the day it's required. That will save me like 90€ in the upgrade.

sverek and airbud7 like this.
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    haha!...I edited my post the second you were replying! ....you will be great with that setup!

I want one now!....Grrrr....:D

thesebastian likes this.
  3. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    My 4770K has served me well but it's about time for an upgrade; pretty sure it'll either be a 3600X or 3700X!

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    same here...I live on a budget so I think I should get some ddr4 stocked up?... then pull the trigger when all this new stuff" mobo/processors" gets released....

is there a ddr4 speed that is guaranteed to work with any processor/mobo combo?

Edit: Did I just ask a hardwear question on front page news?....sry!....:p

Last edited: May 29, 2019

5. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Lol I've been so out of the loop I'll probably be asking plenty of questions as well. Don't even know what speed ram I should be looking at and been thinking whether I should just "future proof" and splurge on 32GB (pretty pointless at the moment I think) ram or just stick with 16GB haha!

airbud7 likes this.
  6. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

So far only like 12 different questions I've had that haven't been answered...

7. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

I bought 32, despite not needing it, just to be more future proof. And I sadly bought mine when the price was almost double of today's prices. :( Some people claim RAM prices will go way back up again, though, so that could be one reason to get more now, but who knows.... people predict a lot of things.

8. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Ouch that sucks. Yea it seems like for ages now 16GB is plenty so really not sure if I should go for the 32 or not, that and whether to go 2 sticks or 4.

But yea super excited to see a proper review on these new CPU's, so far definitely looking very promising.

9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I think the Boss only use 16GB for gaming reviews!.....I think?....Gonna check now!

Edit: all I can find is...

"Our test system is based on an eight-core Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition setup on the X99 chipset platform. This setup is overclocked to 4.20 GHz on all cores. Next, to that, we have energy saving functions disabled for this motherboard and processor (to ensure consistent benchmark results)."

Not sure of ram/memory used? ....could be on another page I overlooked?

bballfreak6 likes this.
  10. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Wouldn't be surprised; I remember looking up on reviews and mostly seems like no difference be it gaming or stuff like Photoshop (unless you're doing hardcore video processing or something I think) but I do have a bad habit of leaving crap tonne of tabs open in browsers so maybe the extra would help after all lol.

airbud7 likes this.

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Now im starting to plan a replacement for my 2700k@5ghz.

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Agree^....but the price of ddr4 is crazy!.....you can get a nice mobo for the price of ram now!....Grrrrr...

13. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    The DCS flight Sim loves RAM, certainly on MP, i have been hitting the upper edge of 16gb for a while now.

airbud7 likes this.
  14. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    I know right! Really hoping this build will once again last me a good 6 years like the 4770K did lol.

True!

One thing I thought was interesting comparing the CPU's was that the 3700X has lower TDP than the 3600X despite more cores how does that work?

airbud7 likes this.
  15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    the magic question my friend?...need to know stuff?...how that work?

how could it be that a stronger processor with the same node uses less energy and yet it is faster!

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for OT, but this is the thing which gets through my mind every time someone is about to be "Monitored".

And then there is that other thing in our business explaining why people should not call "Hell desk":
    [​IMG]
    I am quite ready for new CPU now. ASRock X470 Taichi has new Agesa 1.0.0.1 since yesterday.
    Annoying part where one can't set Current limit for PBO in BIOS can be overridden via Ryzen Master.
    Memory clock can still be set as before, therefore I am quite happy till 3900X arrives.

schmidtbag likes this.
  17. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Yea what I am trying to understand, I think base clock the 3600X is actually faster (3.8 vs 3.6) but boost both are 4.4 but surely that can't be what made the difference especially with the 2 extra cores on the 3700X.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    It really is an awesome time to be a PC Enthusiast :)

airbud7, sverek, Jagman and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Re the TDPs: I wonder if it's partly down to binning as well, after all the 8 core CPU would have to be nigh on perfect and therefore works on lower voltage compared to the 6 core variant (just an idea anyway). It's sure to be a combination of different factors.

20. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    There's always people reporting problems. Until it's proven like the XBox RROD or the Creative X-Fi Platinum pop crackle problem then it's just noise. Was there problems in the early months? Yeah sure. New architecture often means problem for a month of two. Like the problems nVidia had for around 2 months when Vista was launched. But i can testify Zen 1 is super stable on x370 since fall 2017 with 3200 ram listed on the QVL. If you have problems with Zen 1 then it's probably the Motherboard and/or ram. Can't speak for x470 and Zen+ but i highly doubt there's some sort of game breaking problems with Zen+ and x470. In fact you guys are the first people i see talking about big problems on Zen outside of the first months after the launch.

And no AMD fanboys are not any worse than nVidia and Intel ones. They are all the same. They are all equally bad.

thesebastian likes this.