NVIDIA GeForce Version 430.86 WHQL - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, May 27, 2019.

1. roadczar

roadczar Member

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Getting ~10% lower marks in Fire Strike physics test over the prior version. All other results besides physics are on par or better. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    This really sucks. I would love to play Q2 again, it's one of my all time favorites. But I am not going out and spending ridiculous amounts of $ on an overpriced RTX card. They really needed to make it so that anybody with a modern gpu could play it... :(

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    To expand further for those its not clear for.

The GRD and Studio driver of the same version will have the same fixes, however the Fixes for the studio related software will get listed in the Studio drivers release notes while game fixes will get listed in the GRD.

Both versions of the same driver have so far had the same Open Issues list.

GRD will update more frequently, meaning Studio software can regress unfortunately,
    Onthe other hand, while the Studio drivers do not update as often, this is a double edged sword as you also won't get the latest fixes till the Studio driver next aligns with GRD.

4. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Here is yet another 430.xx driver (this now makes 4) that does not properly install the nvcp. They all install the control panel; it is right there in the Windows control panel, but it will not open. As a side note, I am on a fully updated 1809 version of Windows 10 Pro.

5. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Singleton99 and Kelutrel like this.
  6. Kelutrel

Kelutrel Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you have the dch driver installed but your windows store hasn't installed the related control panel update.

8. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    if there are going to be drivers for studio and creators, then at least in those, the Cuda P2 state should be off by default.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  9. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    @Astyanax,

No I do not use the DCH driver set...I have always used the Standard drivers.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Then your problem is not reproduceable and likely something you have installed that breaks the driver somehow.

monitor managing software, displaycal, etc could be anything.

11. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    I have installed no new "monitoring software" in months, with the exception of course of MSI Afterburner version 4.6.1.15561.

When you say "your problem is not reproduceable", what are you saying? Are you saying you cannot reproduce it? Or are you saying it cannot be reproduced under any circumstance. If the former, then please do not trouble yourself any further.

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I had this issue once, turns out it was some config file that NVCP uses was corrupt, preventing the app from starting. Run the uninstaller, then DDU from Safe Mode, then reinstall.

Maddness and Thunk_It like this.
  13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    So the drivers are identical. Right? The point of listing them separate is just for posterity.
    I probably would have listed the driver download on the site once and combine the SD and WHQL info if that was the case.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the driver code is identical, the packages are not, studio version only supports pascal and up in the infs.

15. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Good ole Wagnard and his incomparable DDU! His newest version permitted me to run DDU from the Windows environment...I am very, very pleased that I now have 430.86 installed, and the nvcp works as it should! I wish Nvidia could compensate him financially; he certainly deserves it.

16. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Looking at GeForce Experience, Studio is just renamed Creators.
    Used to be that you could switch driver channel between Game Ready and Creators and now it's Game Ready and Studio. Both channels offer 430.86 though.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  17. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    Awesome! My body is ready for Quake II RTX, just got to pray my 1080 Ti can do 1080p, 60FPS @ MAX(fingers crossed);

18. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Bleh. I wish the 800m series gpus were still supported so I could try out these drivers.

19. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Actually he's not, he's on the standard driver.
    So am I.
    In my situation the nvcpl panel only has one line in it "manage cpu utilization"

Formal, then manual, and the DDU uninstall did not resolve the issue.
    Reverting to anything prior to 430.xx solves the issue.

I'm having nvcpl issues ever since 430.xx any flavor implementation.
    They are all related to nvidia running analytics through microsoft store.
    If I enable microsoft store, the issues go away.

I don't have any products through the microsoft store, never will. I can't run MS store because it causes other issues/conflicts (as well as its a gaping telemetry hole).

Regardless, the issue is reproducible. Turning MS store on/off manifests the nvcpl issue.
    Tried it on 3 PCs, each with more than one gpu, and MS store turned off - wham- nvcpl issue every time on 430.xx

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  20. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Getting Insane Fps drops in battlefield v whit these Drivers!

EDK-Rise likes this.