Star Trek Picard

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Clawedge, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Someone put me right here....

CBS are just going to make Star Trek teevee shows with the nomenclature of "Star Trek: Reference"

So, Star Trek: Picard.

And then...CBS are just going to *******' time-travel across the entirety of the IP and put their SJW vomit all over it?

'Star Trek: Admiral Hansen' is the only one I would actually be interested in because, any scene in STV with Seven-of-nine in it was good and I have often wondered what Miss Hansen did next...

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Or just more of your political vomit. I don't get these tough guy conservatives wailing across the interwebs with their fweeelings on their sleeves crying about games and TV shows reflecting the world at large, and not, their mirror.

Size_Mick likes this.
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So - you don't know, then.

Let me frame this for you...I, for some reason, seem to recall in the back of my immaculate brain that one of the original ideas pre-2015 for a new teevee show was time-travel, and visiting lots of different times in the history of the Federation.

Based on that, can you put me right and clarify whether I imagined this or whether this was one of the considerations...

4. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Sorry but, when I watched the trailer, all I could think is X Men.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Nope, it is not reflecting the world at large, just wishful thinking on your part.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm sorry, what are you babbling about? I don't care what you expected for a plot, I was addressing your SJW framing and political screeching about a TV show, obviously. I must assume you do not wish to address that given you deflected to your musing about my ability your read your mind about about what you expected for a plot. Sheesh.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Sorry, but correct me if I am wrong, but every time I see someone wailing with real anger over a GAME and tossing around the SJW nonsense, I perceive them as far right White Nationalists. I see them that way because they parrot all the phrases and ideas they do. So, correct me if I am wrong, because I would like to be.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    You know nothing :eek:

[​IMG]

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Thank you for clarifying the sort of person you are: someone that others do not need to listen to as, you do not care about what they have to say; and do not actually read their comments.

IF you actually read my statement above, I was asking for people to correct me. It's quite simple.

You are making assumptions and claiming that I am part of some sort of political spectrum, and the color of my skin???

You have crossed the line. Shame, you used to command respect on these forums.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    ManofGod likes this.
  10. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    [​IMG]

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe I can relate why you did. Though, I've seen Patrick Stewart in the first Dune movie the first time I can recall... :D

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So I am the only one that thinks of this then?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I know nothing? Dude, Patrick's appearance at the end looked exactly like he did in X Men.

XenthorX likes this.
  15. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I didn't read any of your comments before I wrote this 'cause I'm just too anxious and tired. Sorry.

You know, the main problem with Star Trek is that if you try to say the new ones are worse than the old ones, all somebody has to do is point to this or that episode of any of the older series and it becomes clear that they all did some bone-headed stuff. But I do believe that these new Star Trek movies and STD on "television" are definitely in a class of stupidity all their own. (I edited this post for a half hour, launching a diatribe on what's wrong with STD and the movies and decided I would probably just be preaching to the choir here).

To be honest, I'm not totally happy with ANY of the Star Trek series or movies. Every single one had some brain-dead or drug-addled writer on staff at one time or another. The new ones show a definite downward trend for sure, but if this Star Trek: Picard has Patrick Stewart in it, it's going to have to sink to a new low in awfulness to make me not want to watch it.

Loobyluggs likes this.

16. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Well, the Star Trek movies, the newest ones, where fun and unique. (At least when they did another time line, it made sense and seemed to work.) If you have read any of the books in the past, there are a lot of unique stories and good ones. The thing with the movies and most books are, they did not attempt to completely rewrite cannon, even the new movies still flowed out of what we understand Star Trek to be.

Discovery, on the other hand.......

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I could agree with you on 90% of this besides the last sentence. At least he's an actor... and I hope he has enough influence to at least make it watchable. For me every Star Trek series' working title is "Star Trek: A New Hope".

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Starfleet policy on time travel
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Temporal_Prime_Directive

19. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    My last sentence may have been confusing. I was trying to say that I would watch it because Patrick Stewart is on it, and that it would have to be really, really bad for me to stop watching it, since he's a really talented actor and Picard is a really interesting character.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I am aware of it - yet CBS are not, apparently.

The thing I recall as an idea that was being kicked about was time travel and visiting different eras in Star Trek - whether that was due to ignoring the temporal prime directive or not, through design or accident.