Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Knowing how my 3930k and rx580/1500mhz having a hard time with the game i still dont believe you, hehe :D

Unrelated but here is how 380 stand vs 960 in 2019 (spoiler 380 beating the crap out of 960)

XenthorX and LocoDiceGR like this.
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    @Undying Hehe, so on the video 380 on metro , the graph shows 25-30 fps in Ultra Quality.

Imagine that in Medium-High/DX12/Filters OFF.

40+ sounds logical.

Undying likes this.
  3. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I got to a point where I left the boat, climbed some roof and had mutated creatures attack me. Maybe an hour or two into the game. Does it get any better? It's really bored me and I haven't touched it since, but I've read "it gets better", I just want to know if I'm where it should be better and it's just not for me, or keep pushing through?

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    game ran fine on my 960 even put a video up yes it runs on a 960, and looks great to boot.

Kolt likes this.
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    GOD Just played 1H30, i love this game so much ! First time i play a game of the metro serie, but the atmosphere, gunplay, are incredible !

edit - gonna stream my gameplay if anyone interested, playing maxed out with ray tracing hairworks etc etc at 4K:

note - There's some frame loss when framerate dive below 60fps

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    pharma, Kolt, cerebus23 and 1 other person like this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    glad your are enjoying your decision. ;0)

Undying likes this.
  8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Whats up with the stuttering and the screen tearing a little bit ?
    Nice video tho, if i were u put vsync on, for a more stable fps :)

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Issue is with my streaming setup actually. If framerate drops rely far from 60 frame per second. OBS makes the stream stutter this way.

Still, think i find a couple optimization for that, and managed to get my Stats (gpu/cpu) to show up on stream. :

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I also play with the highest settings. But not 4K. Impossible to get fluid frame rate at 4K without DLSS. I prefer 2560x1440 without DLSS. I think it looks better.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm happily surprised by DLSS, as someone who's used to play games at native 4K by now, Metro Exodus doesn't feel like an upscaled game during gameplay.

12. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Metro crashing right at startup for anyone else using Win 10 1903? Did a fresh os install and still bugtrap is triggered and then not able to even shutdown. Need to hold the power button down to shut the whole system down. Using Nvidia driver version 419.67. Does not matter even if launching the game through the storefront or without it.

EDIT: From what I have been able to read, looks like Ansel may be the problem. Going to install the newest driver and then go from there. If Ansel is the issue, Nvidia has had ample time to address it.

EDIT 2: Turns out it was how Ansel was treated in the earlier driver (419.67) the newest driver 430.64 addressed it and all it well again.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    To be honest, there'll be no good answer, the anti Epic circle jerk has been going on since november and ain't stopping unless Epic stop exclusive deals. They can say whatever they want, if it's positive toward Epic, the dev will be publicly shamed as bought by Epic and biased, if it's negative they're just putting oil on the fire and it gets even worse for them, the store, and the whole Epic eco system.

Unless things go back to where they were, that Steam remains the only relevant game stores for non-EA, non-Blizzard, non-Ubisoft games, that Indie devs have to release on steam to be noticed and be relevant, and cope with salaries below minimum wage, job insecurity, insane level of stress and hours.
    ./rant

From the Youtube video: "in 2013, metro last light, niche title, PC gaming was much smaller"

Metro last light was already the 2nd game of the serie, first one being in freaking 2005. And the growth of PC gaming from 2013 to 2019 is ridiculus compared to other market like mobiles, which actually grew. (21k Millions$ 2013 to 31K millions $ in 2019), market growth to put even into perspective of the genra of FPS games, which aren't really a new market segment at all.

To compare the fact they're not giving sales figure to Spiderman 2018 devs giving them (literally one of the top 3 most sold game of the entire year) is really looking for drama. No ones gives sells figure unless they're top 10 or really really small indie studio.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Archvile82 likes this.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if you want to put to bed how well the game sold or not there is a very easy way to do that.

they do not that implies they MAYBE hiding something else WHY NOT RELEASE?

I can think of a damn good reason why they do not want those numbers released is because they suck. They still buying up titles and they do not want to tell them hey your games going to be more pirated then purchased using our service. your sales here and in the future will be toasted if your games not the best game of the year type stuff maybe.

So yea them sitting on those numbers at lest implies they not great if they not downright abysmal. maybe they wholly mediocre even but the longer they keep those numbers secret while talking smack in public? common.

lucidus likes this.
  17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    the only reason they would have to release the numbers is to please Epic trolls. how many games gets released every year, how many give sells figure? this is absurd from start to end.

Archvile82 likes this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if they want to publically brag about how well their platform is selling then why should we not demand transparency?

i can claim to be the king of gaming that does not make it true any more then we need to just take them at their word and call it a day.

that is equally ridicilous they claim something is fact show us the numbers. simple as that.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, I think it's hilarious.

THQ's CEO already put it out there, that they were disappointed by Exodus' sales on PC and Epic. But, had to backtrack it most likely because of the current contract with Epic.

It's why I agree with the guys behind Prodeus, and other similar projects.
    You want your game in the hands of as many people as possible, as quickly as possible... exclusivity... limiting your audience... is a bad move. No matter what the up front reward is.

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    del pls

Last edited: May 25, 2019