Nioh II alpha gameplay

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 22, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Nice! looking really forward to this.

oh we gonna be yokai :D

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    so now from got to get really cracking on sekiro 2 ;p.

these studios do seem to like to try compete with each other.

and when we getting a tenchu game? sekiro supposedly? started as a tenchu game?

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I really hope there wont be a sekiro 2. I didnt like 1 tbh. They wasted their chance with not really going in depth with the mythical lore which is HUGE! + the deflecting mechanism is boring if you just press one button.
    I enjoyed Nioh more then Sekiro.

I hope From Software will announce a souls type game again, with upgrading weapons / armor / stats and with many types of weapons and mythical lores.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    we need rikimaru back in full force i dont own sekiro as im crap at souls games *(played three hours of Nioh and gave up)* but Tenchu is my fave

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well gameplay wise i think nioh was more fun, and a tad eaiser. getting a handle on sekiros system is a learning curve and yea its partally block or die, cept when you cant block attacks, and it so different from souls combat it put those people off also.

But i thought sekiro's lore and word was amazing. And the cannon ending clearly is setting up a second.

There some creators that cover the lore of sekiro in depth, maybe you could try watching one of those?

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Didnt even know a new Nioh is coming ;) Nice. But "alpha demo"? lol...

Sekiro was ok, not great but good. I also had more fun with Nioh if i reflect and also looking at my gaming hours ;)

8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Huh, I actually started playing Nioh a few days ago. Now I have an incentive to finish it.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

since lore came up and the sekiro thread is buried and i too lazy to search it :p. Either way yea about the lore.....

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well this game stole my heart. Sekiro should have, but failed miserably.
    This game has tons of enhancements from the first game, from graphic fidelity to gameplay mechanisms and even the music and menu's.

1000% pre-order worthy!

Raising the bar how action rpg games should be!

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    To be honest, for a company to boast PC support enough to make a trailer on it and then show at 0:57 that all keybindings still are mapped to console button prompts is quite hilarious.

Other than that i have no issues with the game as i didn't have any with Nioh 1 PC port.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Took a while for Nioh PC to get good too but Koei can do it if they try though then later ports regress again lack of mouse support, key bindings, set hard-coded resolution options and all sorts of problems.
    Hoping this is good though, bit basic but they are adding some improvements and the ultra-wide support is a big plus as that's otherwise not too common but it remains to be seen how UI elements and cutscenes scale.

Just lacking anti-aliasing but super-sampling might work together with SMAA or FXAA through ReShade for the shader and smaller elements that super-sampling can not brute force fully.
    120 FPS (144 up-to?) support as well if it doesn't break anything else is a good thing.

Made it through the first game though and I really loved it even before they fixed up the port a bit and while I didn't catch every historical detail or reference myself I did watch a playthrough to catch up on things again and it's really impressive how almost everything is featured in some form or another though with a mythological spin on the later 1500's - 1600's "Sengoku" period of Japan and the warring states here.
    (Locations, characters even the phantoms and into the DLC up to the very end of the unification. Really impressive.)

Excellent actual game and gameplay too once you get going and start learning the various weapons, enemies and their attacks and getting a build going even if it takes RNG and crafting to get it super effective but just about anything works before going to the higher skill levels and I hear Nioh 2 has changed up and improved on it even further. :)

15. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Well, it came out on PC.
    The game itself is alright but all of the PC features are varying stages of meh.
    Besides support for arbitrary resolutions it's 1:1 with console versions visually (with ability to go slightly below consoles in visual fidelity), including very apparent LOD popin and shadow cascade ranges.

KB/M support is well, serviceable in same way you could technically complete DS2 or Nioh 1 with it but lack of KB/M button prompts (supposedly coming "later" along with DLSS) is a bumer.
    The overhaul of UIs to support mouse input is weird at best, in Nioh 1 all menus were keyboard only which at least was consistent. In Nioh 2 there are things within some menus you can do only with keyboard and others you only do with mouse. The way it has been done seems really weird to me, as if the game was drawing invisible windows form controls over the game, this becomes very apparent with sliders in settings as they're the wonkiest controls of all in the game. It's very hard to adjust mouse sensitivity as well - out of many attempts at changing it, the slider values reset to 100% every time i backed out of the menu with only two exceptions which thankfully let me to set the mouse sensitivity to be less than house fly on cocaine.

Other than that it's decent enough to be playable if you like the game itself.
    I hope someone will eventually make a proper fps unlocker since it seems the game only goes into slow motion below 30FPS so uncapped framerates _shouldn't_ be a problem.
    That and some hooks for graphics settings to at least extend the shoddy LODs and shadows.

cerebus23 and PowerK like this.

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah it's weird when you see the shadows flickering hard @ 120fps mode, the effects options hits the fps baaaaaad in action like dropping from 100fps to 48fps, setting it to low is the answer to that problem

17. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Todays update added DLSS.
    It's impossible to use it just for AA as the game will not list or allow you to use resolution higher than current desktop one, even if you use DSR.

Also keyboard key prompts are still not in.

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game got 4k as the highest res you can pick which seems hard-coded in the game

anyway DLSS seems to enhance the performance a bit but nothing crazy IMO, it does help with the aliasing a lot

19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I think it's one of worst DLSS implementations i've seen yet aside from original Metro Exodus one.
    1080 with quality preset looks like generic AI upscaler and even in 120 fps it has lots of ghosting
    everything looks either oversharpened or painterly like usual AI upscaling.

I kinda don't want to bother with higher resolutions as it's a pain to use higher than native resolutions in this game, but man 1080 is horrible.

EDIT: Also seems the game can crash now with DLSS enabled.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't know about 1080p but 4k looks good, HDR adds more to the IQ like really good vibrant colors

it did crash 2 times now with DLSS on, also an OS freeze :D