metro exodus lag and stutters :(

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jay781, May 19, 2019.

1. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i used to have a i5 3570k pushed to 4.3ghz with 8gb of ram paired with GTX980... this was in 2016 and i played deus ex mankind divided where i know my system can handle it no problem given the specs... i benchmarked the game a few times and it showed me i was getting 65-70fps on average.... but boy certain parts of the game especially in the city area... it was choppy... set the game to medium eased the choppyness a little bit but it was still there... at this stage im not sure if i needed more ram or cpu was the culprit

I finally caved in and got a i7 6700k with 16gb ram and paired with the 980... i fired up deus ex once more and boy the choppyness was gone... i can say the i5 3570k was a great cpu and its still is by todays standard but more and more titles favour more cores in 2019... id say the i5 3570k still be good for lite gaming and a great for office productivity

2. platypus

platypus Guest

GPU:
    some asus 290x
    While that is generally the case it is not entirely true.

AMD 290 and 390 series in particular were designed to run hot. Their max temp is 115°C.

It depends on the chemical mix in the silicon and the architecture itself.
    There is no hard and fast rule.

Intel cup's generally run hotter than AMD because they are designed to. Same thing is happening. It won't kill chips any faster or cause performance loss unless they hit a point where they are designed to throttle.

3. jay781

jay781 Member

GPU:
    Asus r7 250 1GB
    hi guys so i did some of the things you guys told me to do didnt really help much but i really appreciate the adivce and help you have given. i switched resoultion to 720p game runs alot better now i actually have completed the game. while gaming i saw my cpu temprature is 60-69c somtimes reaching 70 im using a stock cooler are these tempratures normal?.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It's your video card, end of discussion.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Actually, Nvidia GPU's by default are designed to run under load at ~80C with the default fan profile. On the other hand , running at 94C does seem a bit excessive.

6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    lower resolution = less load on GPU.

Did you check GPU-z perf. cap reason graph? If it is thermal, you should consider opening your pc case case to make sure video card gets as much cooler air as possible.

With summer coming, heat will be much bigger issue.

Anyway, if you enjoy the game, that all what matters.