[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Mehh........ FLAC metadata reading is still broken in UWP apps it seems. Unless it's some kind of indexing/cache problem since it works fine now in File Explorer.

EDIT:
    Yep, that's it. Need to refresh that somehow.

EDIT2:
    Ended up renaming my music library folder... Had to fix some playlists but all is good now.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I had to reset the WMP catalog, but both WMP and file explorer now are capable to correctly read vorbis metadata. Dunno about UWP default apps, IIRC Groove was able to read flac metadata... But I uninstalled half of the UWP before 1903...

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It can do the same as Explorer. Earlier Windows 10 version had bug that truncated metadata (they broke it in 1809 update) and now when I upgraded it kept using that data from old cache.

4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    In a first moment it worked, but then it was trunked again.. So I had to reset the catalog.. Now read and write of vorbis metadata (which FLAC files use) works fine. But it's embarrassing seeing a company like Microsoft wait a new major version to be released before fixing a bug...

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The fun thing is that it went like this: broken (first Windows 10 release build or some preview build) -> fixed -> broken -> fixed. It took over half a year to fix this bug... I sure hope if doesn't happen again.

6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    OK, looks like it has something to do with adaptive sync, turning off completely freesync from the Radeon settins solves the issue. Unfortunately disable the freesync using a profile doesn't work, freesync must be turned of in the general screem settings or via monitor OSD -.-
    But I am not sure is AMD fault, Microsoft changed something on the adaptive sync support since they added a switch to force adaptive sync on old UWP apps that were not updated to handle it correctly... Yes, I know that MPC-HC and similar players are not UWP apps... change the pc settings switch of course doesn't fix anything since it is for old UWP apps only..

EDIT: must be Microsoft fault, had a system crash simply fooling around presentation method of MPC-HC...

7. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    OK got finally a system crash and a memory dump, using WinDbg I was able to discover that Microsoft ****** arount a direct show system driver (dxgmms2.sys)...

JonasBeckman likes this.
  8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Great... Japanese IME stopped working. No matter what I can't change the input mode and the usual key combinations do nothing (like Ctrl+Caps lock).

EDIT:
    Got it working somehow... Either reinstalling the language pack or doing some resets & dictionary fixes from IME settings + restart fixed it.

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Rig took a hard crash last night. All issues started when Metro Exodus would not launch. Then whole system went belly up. Hoping it was due to updating the installation instead of a whole new fresh installation. Not wasting any time trying to figure what was the cause. Less time overall even if I end up reverting back to the previous win 10 incarnation.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Just you, been using 18362 for 2 months and no such troubles.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Same here, I didn't even have to reinstall gpu driver, was the first time , but I did them anyway, rest was ok too, xfi driver, lan driver etc.

12. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So what? I found a bug involving a kernel instruction in a system driver made by Microsoft, with the official debugger. Just because you were lucky enough to not trigger that piece of instruction code, doesn't mean that file is fine.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    At least there are ways to report issues and such now but then the problem needs to battle it out with the top voted things on the "Windows Got Issues" app known as the feedback hub and who knows when Microsoft is going to see it and merge it into some future build like 20H2 or beyond unless it's something exceptionally dire and for some of the fixes pushed forward into later builds it might have to be pretty bad for it to get pushed as a early fix or part of some cumulative though there's at least a chance I suppose.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So how to do you fix the truncated FLAC metadata issue in Windows 10 v1903 then please?

I've noticed that since upgrading from v1809 to v1903 then only NEWLY added 16bit and 24bit FLAC music is shown correctly in Groove Music but older ones that were added prior to upgrading (and which were broken in Windows 10 v1809) still show with truncated filenames. This even applies to artist names where if they are above a certain length then they will appear full and correct for MP3s but truncated as a different artist with an abbreviated/cut-off name for FLACs.

I believe they do show correctly in File Explorer though so is the issue only with Groove Music? The FLACs also show correctly in MediaMonkey and even Microsoft's ancient and no-longer-supported Windows Media Player!

I have reset Groove Music a couple of times to force it to rebuild the music library but it doesn't fix the issue. As I said, new files, however, are correctly displayed.

I know Groove Music is on its way out (as is always the case with Microsoft apps due to a lack of care and support) but I like it due to its lightweight requirements and quick access to my music library so I tend to use it over iTunes or MediaMonkey.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, you didn't.

16. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    VRR only supported by AMD GPU's with AMD Freesync for now in 19H1, does not work with Nvidia GPU with Freesync or Gsync enable.
    [​IMG]

Undying likes this.
  17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    As I said, I renamed my music library folder (and added it) so that it had to reindex/read them. No idea how to force Windows to clear that indexing/music metadata cache.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WinDbg doesn't lie while you probably don't know what %rbp and %rsp do and their differences..

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  19. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    I always reinstall gpu drivers & reoptimize them just in case. Lan driver was tweaked using TCP optimizer tool for gaming so that was reset back to defaults after the update, so i had to reinstall driver & reoptimize it again but other than that i have no issues. :)
    Sometimes i use the update timing for windows to install newer driver packages for some devices even though the old ones still work with current windows version just to be fully updated with all the latest software/driver updates! :D

-Tj- likes this.
  20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    1903 updated Nvidia driver 430.67 even though I had that latest installed and I had GPE set to not renew drivers. yeh, TCP optimizer had to be reset.