Television Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stereoman, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Ridley Scott and Tom Hardy? I'll definitely check this out.

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I think Scott just produces it but Steven Knight helps write it - who did peaky blinders. The first season was pretty good but i feel like I couldn't see where they were going to go with it - probably why it took them so long for the second season.

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I think I liked Taboo. Though I don't remember much of what happened, nice to hear it's getting a second season after all.
    PB is way too much style over substance for me, and I think Taboo fared a bit better in that regard.

4. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Another show I'm currently watching, if you like insane violence then highly recommended - Happy! Season 2

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Re-watching Deadwood.

Amaze likes this.
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I thoroughly enjoyed Russian Doll - you'll think you know the storry and then you don't

stereoman likes this.
  7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So anyone been watching

Seen the first two episodes and it has been hauntingly engaging on the flip side to lighten things up a bit

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm gonna start watching Lucifer. I watched the first four or five episodes when it first aired and really liked it.

Darkest and airbud7 like this.
  9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Chernobyl has been really good so far, well worth a go for anyone who might like a true story mini series.

Solfaur, Amaze and Darkest like this.
  10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm a big Lucifer fan, Tom Ellis is fantastic in the role.

I watched season 4 in the space of 3 days and I could happily have watched another ten episodes. I'm looking forward to season 5, while it hasn't been announced yet I'm pretty confident it'll happen.

Chernobyl is great from the first episode, fantastic cast and it thankfully gets to the point rather than playing out the events leading up to the disaster through 80% of the series as I would have expected. I've always been fascinated by Chernobyl and the show really puts you in a situation where you feel like you're witnessing the events first hand.

jbscotchman likes this.

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I would never have recognised Ralph Macchio's voice.

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    It really has, I've always had an interest in the events surrounding how it happened and had a pretty good technical understanding of what caused it but what has shocked me is the unbelievable levels of ineptness and how ill prepared they were on a basic level let alone on a level that was needed to deal with such a disaster, the buck passing and no one wanting to actually come forward and say THIS is what has happened for fear of being blamed.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I'm a Supernatural fan myself, just love the show awesome storyline & storys pretty cool but thats me.

14. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Another good show I recently finished, Wayne season 1, similar vibe to The End of the F***ing World, well worth a watch!

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Can't stop watching Lucifer. There are so many detective shows on TV that bore me to death, but this show is truly one of a kind. The chemistry between Tom Ellis and Lauren German is so fun to watch. And how Tom Ellis hasn't won an emmy award yet baffles me.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Darkest and airbud7 like this.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Just started watching Chernobyl and oh my, is it good! First of all the actors are fantastic, then the sets, costumes, soundtrack, everything makes it look so authentic. Only downside is that I should have waited until all the episodes are out, I'll struggle waiting for the last two now, it's that good, SCARY good! :eek:

Also it got me in the mood for Stalker-like games, and reminded me on why that post-nuclear apocalypse setting is so appealing.

Darkest likes this.
  17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yes Chernobyl is excellent, and terrifying.

Solfaur and Darkest like this.
  18. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Another show I'm looking forward to :)

19. Gabriele Coulson

Gabriele Coulson Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Really enjoying Chernobyl, the atmosphere is very well presented in the show and it's really engaging. The third episode was absolutely amazing!

Solfaur likes this.
  20. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Chernobyl is close to perfect. Decided to try it yesterday and watched all 3 episodes in one shot. There are not too many US/UK movies about USSR, which look realistic for those who actually lived there. Chernobyl is definitively one of them, after a few minutes of watching it I completely forgot that actors are not Russians. The atmosphere is realistic and everything looks authentic, HBO did absolutely outstanding job.

Amaze and Solfaur like this.