Rage 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 14, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You could be on to something there....

;)

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I call bs.

[​IMG]

My 2080 agrees with that graph

3. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    And I am really sorry that you have been cheated as my gtx 1080 kicks your rtx 2080 ass ;)
    Once more I got it clear how the reviewers do receive their paychecks to fill the web with fraudulent information.
    As a note I am using the 399.24 drivers.
    Stay well Evileh.
    P.S. Really sorry you throw away your money.
    P.P.S. I ve also uploaded my video on youtube, who knows maybe it can open people eyes

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I should have sought out Dr.Kvasir earlier so that I get the skills for finding caches and data pads. Looking for these things is time consuming and sometimes frustrating.

JonasBeckman likes this.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I was going to buy this game when announced, I thought it would be cool - then I saw people play it on Twitch.

One of the people who bought it, started on Tuesday and had finished it by Wednesday. I knew then, this was a 'bargain bin' game probably much like the original is, and something I will never consider to be worthy of the high-end marketed retail pricing it was awarded with.

The game clearly has artificially tried to extend the game life through bandit camps, which is a real shame as the actual gun mechanics look superb, but at the cost of the needless ancillary mission mechanics.

Yet another ******* disappointment this year for gaming.

If Cyberpunk ends up being a disappointment, I might just have to throw my rig out the window and take up a new hobby, like flower arranging or stamp collecting.

mohiuddin likes this.
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is anyone using the RTSS v7.2.2 (MSI Afterburner v4.6.2 Beta 1) overlay okay with this game because it refuses to show for me?

I checked DOOM 2016 as that also uses Vulkan and the RTSS overlay shows in that game using the profile I'd created for it sometime ago. So I copied that and renamed it RAGE2.exe.cfg but it still doesn't work.

The RTSS overlay works with just about everything else I've played recently including DX9, DX11 and DX12 games and with DOOM 2016 Vulkan as mentioned.

*EDIT*
    Tested the RTSS overlay with Strange Brigade and it too works with DX12 and Vulkan versions of the game.

Very odd that it is not working for RAGE 2...

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Set the detection level to "high" (in the Rage 2 profile). That fixed it for some people.

Darren Hodgson and Undying like this.
  8. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    you figure it out

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the traditional method I do is to explore the world first and then wrap up the story...here have these perks that no longer really matter! :p
    At least some of the arks had additional guns and not just various powers but for the most part it was pistol (Why does this have a burst mode as a primary!) and assault rifle though once upgraded that works on just about anything with good enough results. :D

Doing at least the first mission for each character before setting out to clear the game world is definitively recommended and the arks can be handy as it's easy to miss weapons as you can no longer just buy them.

EDIT: Though without a height indicator the detector is pretty average really and once feltrite is in it sometimes beeps and you wonder if it's a chest, PDA, ark stuff of crafting some more stuff but no it's these blue rocks that are everywhere anyway.

10. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Ok, I figured out why you are getting those frames. You have your resolution scale setting to automatic. That makes sense. Turn the resolution scale to off and see what happens. You are basically running it at around 1440 with those settings.

Kolt likes this.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That worked. Thank you so much for that! :D

12. Michal Turlik 21

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    I need to formulate my excuses, I did not pay attention to the upscaling option...thanks for the finding.
    The performance is however in line with the rtx 2070.
    Max fps: 38
    Average: 33-35
    Min: 31
    I will post another video but not today as it will cost me another hour with the poor connection I have.

13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    You're welcome!

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Finally got around to playing a bit and oh boy is the gunplay good!

Haven't even got the shotgun yet, lols.

15. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    works like a charm on the ole 970 at 1080p ,yeah the gunplay is fire good

16. Michal Turlik 21

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    Just uploaded the 4k footage with no upscaling:

I can see almost the same rtx 2070 performance.
    max fps: 38
    min fps: 28
    avg fps: 33
    That's not bad for an oldie.
    I am not sure from which scenes pcgamer guys did take their measurements but here there is some good action.
    My original assumption was wrong and I am really sorry...but...instead targeting the rtx 2080 an oc gtx 1080 still can battle with a rtx 2070 which is not bad.

XenthorX and Stone Gargoyle like this.
  17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    thats nice n all but dude clean your monitor!!! :eek:

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    kill yerself or buy the season pass and wait.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Every single time and now even more so thanks to the weather you clean it up and it's all nice and no dust or other stuff and here comes this little fly creature from somewhere ready to do unspeakable acts to the screen yet again and try as you might at best you're just going to ram the little fly creature straight into the monitor panel and another splotch is made and at worst it's just flailing around and missing until it lands and melts into the panel on it's own.

Random dust and the occasional hair or fur bits (Pet owner here.) that's easy, determined 24-hour to live flying insect with nothing to lose that one's a real challenge.

Now for the game I think next up was the worm encounter wasn't it as some online activity probably linked through the Bethesda account and then some mech activity before the two content updates and some other paid and free DLC additions. :)

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ikr! The sound of the guns and overall look n feel of them is epic. Btw, now after starting the Dr. Kvasir projects I got several QoL abilities that I wish I had from the start (tracking stuff for example, plus feltrite magnet).

cerebus23 and anxious_f0x like this.