Plague Tale: Innocence

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This game is looking amazing. One of the best this year in terms of visuals.

Serotonin likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Meh... wanted to buy this game... thought i'd buy a slightly cheaper game code through g2a... appears i got scammed by the seller MTCGAME...

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    What's the point of the game? I hate something focused on stealth...like Splinter Cell. I don't have the patience. Can you just punch people?

...Are there people to punch?

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    No. It's a stealth game.

Serotonin likes this.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Man that sucks ,I used MTCGame many times ,some people just like ripping other people off.I have not been scammed yet on a game from any CD key place but I know it will happen.
    95% of the time ,so like this game I bought it through Steam for 13USD with Argentina VPN but a Steam key can get banned/removed anytime also.

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Looks pretty good, hadn't even heard of it. It does remind me a little of Brothers:A Tale of Two Sons with the sibling angle.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game is big on atmosphere and so far, about an hour in, it's mostly stealth-based gameplay with some simple crate moving puzzles. It does feel a lot like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons but minus the dual-control method since you basically guide Hugo through the enviroment by holding his hand and can tell him to stay or follow. The game looks really nice despite the Black Plague setting, though character faces are a little stiff and animation aren't the best. Still, it feels refreshingly different though it is very linear. This is not an exploration game nor is there any combat like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, at least so far though you do have a catalpult to distract enemies and the abilities to throw pots!

Amaze and Netherwind like this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Worst part is that i barely saved any money compared to just buying it on steam... at least i used paypal, so i can get my money back.

cerebus23 and Netherwind like this.
  10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire

11. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Damn that's some next-gen visuals. The shot from the boy in particular could be a photograph.

Not looking for a stealth game atm but might buy this for graphics and story alone.
    From the little bit I read performance seems to be good too on PC (?).

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What's the stealth gameplay like? I hope no-insta fail bs or cheap deaths.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    This game is fantastic and i'd highly advise picking it up if you're into stealth games or cinematic adventures.

The stealth works very well, you slowly get more and more tools as you progress in the game and craft stuff, also you can fight back against enemies to a degree. Not seen many (if at all) insta fail QTE stuff.

edit: re performance, game has an irritating vsync issue where that if it cannot maintain 60fps it'll drop instantly to 30fps. So this means that while I could get 60fps 90% of the time at 1440p (70% scale on 4k) I have to drop it to 50% scale (ie 1080p) just to maintain a solid 60fps

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    AsiJu and lucidus like this.
  15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game is very good but it suffers from occasional stutters. I'm near the end but i hope that they will patch it.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sounds like Double Buffering is enabled in the game which sucks since it halves the FPS once you go below 60. Triple Buffering would be the solution to that but if there isn't any option then I'd disable Vsync in the game and enable it in NVCPL instead, perhaps that helps?

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It doesn't work. Even if you enable the V-Sync from NV CP it still halves the frame-rate.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah lol, about the vsync and 30fps issue...i just started the game and very nice beginning so far...and also tried some things with nvcp, but no luck and wanted to look here. :(

So i have to go even further down with my settings so i can maintain 60fps and it wont drop occasionally? Deactivating vsync helps tho but the tearing is just too much.

The game dont need 60fps at all cost, but the drops inbetween are just to heavy and are annoying. Still want to play in 60fps tho. ^^

Edit: Noticed in ENGINESETTINGS file theres an HDR10 option, but ingame i dont have an option to enable HDR, tho my TV supports HDR, trying with enabling it there now..
    Well, that doesnt enable HDR. :(
    Edit2: Only thing that helps with the drops is enabling fast sync in nvcp, i can live with that.

Is it possible that a TV with HDR support is not enough for HDR10 to work? I dont have much knowledge about HDR since i started to used it a year ago. prev. didnt have a TV with support. ^^
    Still can enable HDR in Win10 before starting the game, but i guess thats not the same then? And then its the same like if you enable HDR in Win10 with every other game with no HDR support?

Edit3: So if i enable HDR in Win10 and using Fullscreen with the game, HDR gets disabled ingame. If i use borderless tho, its using HDR setting from Win10. But as i thought so far it only looks like forced HDR through the Win10 setting.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/752590/discussions/0/1648792788231155510/

Also have to say, each of the 3 voice localisations are very very good. Expressing very well the atmosphere and "horrible" situations...even german translation is very good. You can even play in french (like polish in Witcher :p)

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I'll definitely pick this up but I think I will for the vsync issues to get sorted. 30fps is way too noticeable.

20. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    If you disable in game vsync and use the Nvidia control panel to set the game to adaptive vsync there should be no problem with the game dropping to 30 fps.