RTSS Required DirectX runtimes not installed, OSD may not function properly

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by TheSorrowRaven, May 19, 2019.

1. Hi, my new HP laptop just had this problem every time RTSS starts.
    I've tried installing Directx End-Use Runtime Web Installer but it fails (log says newer DirectX version installed, previously Access Denied error)
    DxDiag says all DirectX Acceleration are 'Enabled', while DirectX version is DirectX 12

My GPUs are Intel UHD 630 and AMD Radeon 530
    I've tried reinstalling video drivers and set RTSS.exe to run on AMD card in AMD software settings

Apparently DirectX 9 applications OSD works but not other versions of DirectX

This might be Windows 10 problem or DirectX installation problem but any suggestion for a fix is highly appreciated. Thanks

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  3. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    You could have read the documentation:

[​IMG]

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're citing the Afterburner pdf, op is talking RTSS.

There are bugs specific to intel's IGP dx9 driver but the Radeon shouldn't have issues using RTSS.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Intel D3D9 driver issue will be fixed in the next 7.2.3 beta.

TheSorrowRaven and Astyanax like this.
  6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Just to clarify to topic starter, Intel issue I mentioned has no relation to problem with missing DX runtimes on his system. So it won't help.

7. So I'll have to somehow fix this issue then. Is there a list of said DirectX runtimes required by RTSS? Probably gonna have to install the dll files manually

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Did the full dx installer fail?

it copies all files regardless of if they already exist or not.

9. Like I said, the installation (directx web installer) ALWAYS fail (though I managed to successfully install the June 2010 once by messing with registry values), and the DirectxError log either gives Access Is Denied or Sections Not Initialized (DirectX log says newer version installed though i do not know why it doesn't say in the interface).
    I've tried many fixes unsuccessfully and just gave up and created this thread.
    Though when I tried running UserBenchMark exe the graphics part gave me this error: No compatible Direct3D devices found, no matter I launch it with the AMD card or default

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    format your computer, you've borked it.

11. So... just to clarify, I reinstalled Windows 10 and the DirectX installed successfully. No more RTSS errors and such. OSD working perfectly.
    This had nothing to do with the driver issue that will be fixed in the next version.
    Thanks guys :)

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Great!.

13. StuAtton

StuAtton Guest

GPU:
    GT 710
    Had same problem and found Solution, so for anyone else who gets this far :

Uninstall 'Afterburner' and 'RivaTuner' Completely !!

Then run 'dxwebsetup' ! (Should fully install this time, without errr !) Now reinstall the above, and all is well ;-)

It was for me anyway :)

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you don't need to uninstall either application for DX to full install.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I noticed this while back if I used a external program like say 7zip to unpack the DX redist package installs would failed but if I let it extract it self using it self extractor installs went fine. I dont know if this still holds true.

Steam has obsessive need to install DX with every game, which installs the directx_Jun2010_redist, so i have not had to do this in long time seeing steam one first things I install on clean installed moment I luanch game it installs that if not present

16. EnduranceMan

EnduranceMan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    [​IMG]