Man I love food, what ya'll eating!...2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 15, 2019.

1. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Haven't had in a long time.

[​IMG]

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    what is it MaCk0y ....snails/escargot or something like that? Looks good!

3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Yep. Snails.

Nah. That's just a starter. :p It won't satisfy your hunger at all.

big ROBOT bill and airbud7 like this.
  4. darkrainbow

darkrainbow Member

GPU:
    rx580 special ed.OC
    Mickey D's their burgers are pretty good in NL:p

airbud7 likes this.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG]

Just experimenting, pulled beef (Dragen biff, name for this is pretty stupid when translated.) and then look up some recipes for what to do, naan bread? Oh why not how hard can it be...oh I'm getting hungry let's just beat them out a bit and see how it goes instead of being all careful and going full Thai massage master on the dough to get it nice and flattened, you get to be Naan-loaf now the devolved form of Naan bread. Just do better next time. (As if! As long as it tastes alright really.)

Slap some BBQ sauce on and find some ex salad in the fridge drawers even if it died some day or two back it should still be edible, commit fully to create some great kitchen crime on a gastronomical level if you're already heading towards that. :D
    (Speaking for myself here, I am pretty sure however it was not intended as a carrier but more of a dipper.)

Tasted alright though for what I did with the thing, some experimentation and maybe create those PITA breads instead of buying these store bought hard-style pita breads that you can use as improvised bludgeon implements ha ha.

Beats the usual at least, pommes with everything else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Easy and fast really, I do vary it a bit with sallads, pasta, fish (Hell is this rubber like consistency anyway and why are we even eating deep sea flesh things in the first place?) and more common stuff...and now a piece of bread, ham and cheese. Masterpiece! Yeah gotten a bit better than the first few stages at least. (Woah the ham and cheese can be combined on the bread! Yeah maybe not quite that bad.)

Still prefer baking and desserts though but can't really go too crazy here due to trying to maintain some sort of weight loss and improved energy and training ha ha.

[​IMG]
    (Whipped cream or whatever and it's not too bad, kinda like a brownie with extras or how to describe it.)

EDIT: Eh presentation kinda sucks too but whatever, it was meant to be eaten not stared at. :p

As for more advanced foods, fancy stuff, stews or grilled things well maybe at some point. Fast foods fine too really but it's fun being able to do stuff that isn't eating out or microwaved instant food though I really like the taste of these too.

Don't really take too many pictures of the regular creations either, more fun to go a bit crazy and see what horrors that can result it but eh as long as it tastes alright. :D

Composition and what works with what can be improved over time, not rushing because hungry is also a thing but eh maybe at some point heh.
    (Bout as likely as me upgrading this old phone thing I guess.)

EDIT: Pasta Carbonara was a thing too come to think of it, melting cheese hell and trying to clean that up but also quite good and also pretty flexible because it's pretty much just pasta and cheese as the basics and then mixable probably creating another horror in the process compared to the real deal but eh it works well enough for eating. :)

Decent hamburger isn't bad either, decent minced meat and the price is a different matter entirely though but if possible it can be pretty good beyond the usual half-cow, half-pig mix. (You're meant to think it's beef and pork at least.)

What else? Eh what do I know, lots of possibilities but it's easy to get stuck doing the same over and over.

Salads and such are nice too for how much you can mix things up, kebab or ham salads work as does bacon or just more vegetable stuffs though the ready mixed things aren't going to match fresher produce of course but it works though don't expect it to be anything special taste wise.

Fish? Well fish and chips at best since nothing much else works to mask the texture and consistency of the fish bits themselves so far which I seem to struggle with.

Then again I guess the same technically goes for the "meat" you can buy here for a cheaper price.

It's what you get for what you pay for it, decent filet is probably going to be a different thing entirely.
    (Definitively a different price class!)

[​IMG]
    (Example image, usually it's not that obvious until you check and see the ingredient list for 100% meat has all these other filler things and weird bits.)

EDIT: Pricing can always vary depending on part of the world and all that.

Pulled-apart-cow in a semi steak like fashion ready to just oven bake and rip & tear!

40 SEK through a weekly deal discount, 60 SEK otherwise.
    (4.3 to 6.4 US Dollar when run through a price converter.)

95% meat pepper hot dog?

Think the bread's around 30 SEK and then the hot dogs were around 60 something SEK.
    (Of course as always four to six doggies and six to eight bunnies because some great reason.)

Can't really see but bacon wrapped around these thin slices of actual meat?

Bacon's around 20 SEK and the meat's around 100 SEK kilo price is a bit higher but it's not quite a kilo in the pack.

Taxes and such add a bit here but overall it's not too terrible though I try to balance it a bit. There are some good deals and alternatives too and not everything has to be some premium gourmet variant, well usually. Hah.

EDIT: Too much text, almost like a testimony or something oh well.

Tomorrow? Pizza because why not.

Have the things to make my own version but eh probably just going to go up to the local pizzeria, bit of a weakness or what to say but eh trying to improve so once every other week or so instead of making it some daily thing though thankfully I suppose it never got quite to that level. (Would be amazing though but nope have to try and make some effort for what I eat, NOT LIKE THE ABOVE IMAGES HELP IN MAINTAINING THAT STATEMENT.)

EDIT: And yeah training and trying to maintain weight or at least gain some better form or fitness and energy.

[​IMG]

Doesn't really fit the thread but taking long walks in odd places does make a difference, getting started was the tough part but it's had a good effect, more about energy and overall health than just pure weight though but that's had some effect too.

Now then were was I, ah right. Pizza. :D

Oh and as for the training more of a personal challenge and effort really, not quite ready to call it past prime and quit so decided to start better late than never even if it's going to be a struggle.

Which of course it's going to be a bit of a struggle when you really love to bake stuff.
    Suddenly oops banana ice-cream whipped cream chocolate and syrup creation just materialized from nowhere.

[​IMG]

Easy, tasty and quick and kinda hard not to go a bit overkill when you have the chance.
    (Also one of those things that can be iterated on over time and improved or changed so yeah, challenge continues!)

Can even deep fry the banana and use some fry batter for a even higher experience though the oil and cleanup work is really going to be a tough job after the high has passed ha ha. Well personal experience at least it's probably just another thing that can be improved with experience.
    (Must make more in other words.)

Pear dipped in chocolate was apparently a thing in he 70's here so that might be time to make a comeback for that too at some point, fruits overall work really well for deserts and various creative purposes but can be eaten as is too of course though going all out is fun.

Well that has to be it for now, at this rate picking up the Gastronomicon might just be the next step really.

EDIT: Well huh it just occurred to me I took what is commonly considered a bread type from India.
    And put a cow on it.

Well that's a thing then, well I'm probably not the first one.
    (Hmm wonder what the actual origin for this bread is, well something to read up on tomorrow perhaps. Getting late now.)

EDIT: Yep it's pretty common, pita bread seems more of a traditional type of bread for it but there's plenty of interesting ideas and other recipes to use now. :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    JaxMacFL, jbscotchman and airbud7 like this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hah well yeah it's a bit text heavy if that's about my post above, maybe a few too many examples in a row too. They're not all from the same day at least hah.

As for recipes well they can be useful though then here comes the internet and you find some long buried recipes that maybe should have stayed that way. :p

http://www.culinaryatrocities.com/2013/02/13/the-frankfurter-crown-roast/

[​IMG]

EDIT: No Jonas don't call it that. Kinda hard to resist calling it a sausage party though.

EDIT: This one doesn't seem too bad though.

[​IMG]
    (Just try resit wearing it as a actual crown.)

Bit above my skill level however, for now.
    (Maybe not, ribs and some vegetables in a 1960's food creation and some filling.)

EDIT: Well I can see the 60's and 70's have some interesting ideas. Enough recipe book pictures and next up probably some DIY attempt at whatever I can find that looks like a realistic goal and isn't meat enough for a family of 10 or something. :p

EDIT: Actually going D&D and some gelatinous cube creeping up menacingly. That could work!

[​IMG]

https://vintagerecipecards.com/2011/08/05/lemon-nut-vegetable-mold/

Yeah why not. Maybe a project for the weekend. How bad can it be!
    (Famous last words and all that and I'm probably going to regret it but eh should be a fun little horror show in the kitchen if nothing else.)

Need to remember to grab a picture of it for post-humorous reasons and all that, it's not going to look like the above showoff marketing example but how bad can it be really, oh yeah it's going to be a thing alright ha ha.

EDIT: Well I know what to expect now at least.
    http://www.culinaryatrocities.com/2013/02/07/jello-salad-in-self-experiment/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    JaxMacFL and airbud7 like this.
  7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    [​IMG]

Normally I would make my own burritos, but for store bought these are pretty good and convenient.

airbud7 likes this.
  8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    BBQ pork ribs, baked 3 cheese potatoes, pinto beans and cornbread!

https://i.**********/Jn3xPpqZ/Pork1.jpg
    https://i.**********/G3qJt8SL/Pork2.jpg

Good stuff I tell ya!

RzrTrek, JaxMacFL, Elder III and 4 others like this.
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    ^^^ drool!

big ROBOT bill and airbud7 like this.
  10. I recently started making my own kimchi, and holy cow is it good!!!! Those Koreans got the right idea about condiments. An unfortunate side-effect of this is that i have farted my girl out of the room a few times...

airbud7 likes this.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
  12. airbud7 likes this.
  13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I do not like giardiniera 'cause it cook with vinegar... But the friggitelli idea sounds good.

14. I love my Italian sandwiches swimming in vinegar. To each his own though.

15. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Yep, like a muscle car ‘escargot ffaasssttt.’

Man, I ate so much over Memorial Day weekend that now when I haul ass I have to make two trips!

airbud7 likes this.

16. I just had a bowl of brown rice topped with Turkey mince meatballs marinated in Bolognese sauce with chickpeas.

JaxMacFL and airbud7 like this.
  17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Airbud7 stew!.......we put everything and the kitchen sink in this one!

https://i.**********/MK82XjCT/abudstew.jpg

crazy good I tell ya!

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    ^^I'd eat it.

SpajdrEX and airbud7 like this.
  20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8