MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon and Plus for AMD Ryzen 3000 Leak

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 17, 2019.

1. C-Power

C-Power Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 White
    Ok, I am no "fan" of small fans on the Chipset - those tiny things sound like circular saws most of the time.

However, MSI seems to have used some fairly large ones (5 / 6 cm?) and depending on the RPM's it might really not be loud at all.
    If they are of decent make, they might last long as well (usually my main concern with these things, yet another thing that could break and fry your Mobo :D )

They are placed on a good spot too, unless your using 2 GPUs.

2nd, I actually like the idea of the Carbon wehere the airflow gets blown over the M2 slots, so it keeps those NVME drives a bit cooler as well :)

Although, the whole mounting system for that is a bit over the top, if you have to swap them out more often.. :D

I remember in the olden days you could buy fanless Chipset replacements from Arctic and I believe Zalman too, maybe those will be a thing again soon hehe.
    They were however quite tall, and doubt they will fit in many cases these days with the massive graphics card coolers we have now :p

HandR likes this.
  2. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I have no problem with the fan.
    If you want a passive cooler on there, look at the Passive Celeron/Pentium (Atom) motherboards.
    They Pull 10-15W. See the sizeof those heatsinks ? They wont fit on the motherboard over the chipset.
    Also, not being a d!ck, but if your fan is making a noise like a saw, it needs cleaning, or is touching the shroud in 99% of cases. Thats not the fans fault.
    The fault is in between the chair and the keyboard usually.

3. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Then you'll be skipping X570, apparently.

4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I hope there are going to exist some X570 boards without any fans to cool the chipset, even if it means having some limitations like only work with 8 cores cpus max or something like that.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Maybe B550 will run at lower temperatures, while not with severe penalties regarding features offered by X570.

Silva likes this.
  6. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Only X570 gets the new features apparently (Chipset PCIe 4.0 specifically +other)
    So only the X570 will need a fan.

7. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    One of the manufacturers might go for it, as a niche product, but i doubt it.
    Thermalright has some offset chipset coolers though HR-05 and HR-55:
    http://thermalright.com/product-category/archive/heatsink-archive/chipset-heatsink-archive/

The last one on their list is a CPU cooler btw :) Huge.
    There are plenty of options for aftermarket coolers.

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    At least better then Boing...

9. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    Very interesting the need of the fan, really a turn off for me. Hope other manufacturers manage to place a bigger passive heatsink.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I had a DFI board back in the day, was great.... apart from the little chipset cooling fan. Now it wasn't Too noisy, that is until it wore out and started vibrating / chattering very loudly.
    Mind you my PC main fans back in those days were no where near as quiet as my current system.

Had to strip it off and fitted a suitable passive heatsink :)

Swore I'd NEVER buy a motherboard with a small active fan again !!!
    I'm honestly shocked to see these appearing again.

Maybe a waterblock for it or something... in my case.

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Spoken like a real Internet expert who has no personal experience whatsoever but still knows everything about a subject, uhhuh. The fans started to sound like a circular saw after a few years of use because they were the cheapest imaginable fans the mobo manufacturers could buy from the cheapest imaginable manufacturer in China. The plastic bearings of those fans can take only so many hours of use before disintegrating.

I said my last memory was replacing one with a passive cooling elements, but before that I had replaced the broken fan with a new fan in a couple of other PCs over the years. However, I'm sure the X570 mobos won't have the kind of pitiful fans the mobos of old did.

12. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I have the MSI X470Gaming Pro Carbon currently and they schoolboy errored and put the main M.2 slot directly below the 1st GPU slot directly where hot air from their own brand MSI 2080 Gaming X Trio exhausts from its cooling fins heating up my Samsung 960 EVO 1TB to uncomfortably hot (around 57c / 135f) levels it never sees under normal even heavy SSD use.

Nice to see they moved that above the GPU slot where it won't get directly blasted with hot air.

13. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    fwiw i've installed and maintained 100's of Via Epia boards with 40mm cpu fans back in the day, but hey, who cares.
    It used to be that people learned from other people with experience.

14. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    It was you who suggested people disliking mobo fans are just being hysterical over nothing. If you have such extensive experience of PC fans, don't say such things in the future.

15. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    You need to re-read my post again.
    I never suggested anything of the like.

16. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    I find it interesting that there is so much pushback about a tiny little chipset fan on a motherboard, yet god awful looking cpu coolers are a norm. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] You get the point....gessz move on about the little fan.

waltc3 likes this.
  17. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Uh... it's not about aesthetics, it's about a 30-40mm fan at 3-5K RPM sounding like a jet engine.

Huge and ugly CPU coolers are... huge and ugly, but they're also very quiet.

Backstabak and TheDeeGee like this.
  18. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Bigger fans are generally quieter, since they can run slower and move more air due to their size. Nevermind that CPU fans are of a standard size that you can easily get a good after-market fan for, while those built-in fans into the heatsink on the chipset are really hard to replace.

19. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    No you're completely missing the point. These little fans can be irritating little high pitched f*ckers and prone to suffer a quick dead. (seen them go in less than a year). If these chipset fans die you can be lucky if it doesn't take your mainboard and/or data with it.

You can't even simply replace the fan's that are used here. You'd have to strip the board of all the plastic junk and hope for the best you can find something that can be made to fit. (heatsink and/or fan)

typhon6657 likes this.
  20. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    who knows maybe the little fan only turns on if you live in dubai without ac and plan on doing 6ghz all core, i doubt its just always on, thats just too dumb, isnt it?