Denuvo Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S.T.A.R.A.C., Dec 27, 2018.

1. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    At this point quite clear that once the sales have dropped down it's time to patch that crap away from the game.

emperorsfist and Kolt like this.
  2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    You might find this interesting.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The loading time impact as atrocious :-/ Also, I suspect that the person who did the video was GPU limited? I see 90%+ GPU load but low CPU load. It would be interesting to see a bench on a system with the situation reversed (meaning a strong GPU but weaker CPU.)

JonasBeckman and cerebus23 like this.
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Joker's finding for the loading times that the load times of the Steam version with Denuvro are 40+ secs longer than the Denuvro-free Bethesda version just says it all really. Once the game has loaded then it's fine with no impact in performance.

Similar to my findings with other games. You can always tell when a game uses Denuvro, not just by its 10X larger executable but by the startup time which is painful at almost a minute before you even see the launch splashscreen.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Interesting, one of the few times we have had the chance to compare the two. Hopefully we see some gameplay comparisons as well in the near future as i can't recall ever seeing any of those.

I doubt it's an accident though.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Does it means that properly implemented, loading time aside given current iteration of Denuvo, it's possible to have no negative impact on performance at all ? :rolleyes:

7. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Calling BS on that

8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    So... Steam fails here. 10x the loading time, that's not exactly great. Now the question is, why does the Steam version use Denuvo? Who is responsible for the Steam version Denuvo need?

9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    That's still 3 times the loading time of non Denuvo version of the game. Why is Steam using Denuvo? Who's decision was it?

10. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Probably bethesda's to push more people onto their launcher.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I doubt that Denuvo will be a deciding factor at all. Most people buying games don't have even a clue about what denuvo is. Not everyone is checking game reviews, game news, etc...

12. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

it effects the steam reviews though, most people who arent knowledgeable will see a game with a mixed review and pass, Google rage 2 and denuvo is in the headlines.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I don't trust joker to do game benches properly, anyone who knows him wouldn't.