Ubisoft say new Splinter Cell hint was a joke

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 15, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    and i dont believe them.

"Julian was obviously joking as Julian likes to do. It looks like our creative directors are having fun right now. We do not have any announcements to make at this time."

I don't actually know what Julian likes to do, but I do know that after months of making noises about Splinter Cell, and with E3 less than a month away, a Ubisoft creative director stating flat-out that he's working on a new Splinter Cell if that's not actually the case is not so much a funny gag as just a really bad idea. Fans very clearly want a new game in the series. Mocking that desire is a bad look all around.

Gerighty changed his Twitter background and icon to Splinter Cell shortly after the tweet that got the ball rolling, but has since changed it back to The Division 2. The tweets themselves are still up, however. We'll keep an eye on the situation and let you know where it goes from here.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/ubisoft-creative-director-says-hes-working-on-a-new-splinter-cell/

for now if you have not played blacklist i rly do recommend you give it a shot it aint no CT but it still v good

Kolt likes this.
  2. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Not buying it, Especially after all the splinter cell stuff in FC: New dawn. That was way too detailed to just be an easter egg.

Kolt likes this.
  3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Good time to try Blacklist again then. :)

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    [​IMG]

Splinter Cell is comin home boys!!!

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.