NVIDIA GeForce Version 430.64 WHQL - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Dan, May 9, 2019.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't even have that folder or file. I do have this path (C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\DisplayDriverRAS\NvTelemetry) with event.dat of 60kb, that's the biggest file.
    My guess would be if a system is stable telemetry only sends info with driver issues/crashes/resets etc.

Edit: This is with the cut down basic drivers only, not full installer.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I'd think that once the telemetry is uploaded, the file is reset. If people block the upload, the file will get larger and larger since the old data is never uploaded and thus not deleted/reset locally.

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    I think telemetry files in that folder are only active on the initial driver installation. They probably just send GPU id, OS, driver version and whether the installation was successful. NvTelemetry.log ends with "Stopping logging." line with a timestamp of driver installation date. You might be able to stop it by blocking these in hosts file or firewall.
    https://events.gfestage.nvidia.com/
    https://telemetry.gfestage.nvidia.com/

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, but as Astyanax mentioned it shouldn't keep growing, just like event logs, they max and just keep current data.
    I should have mentioned my above post was with just basic cut down drivers, not the full installer. I never checked when I had all that installed.

I did a few versions ago strip out all leftovers and data not used with a slimmed down driver.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I edited my post, that is why I don't have it as I didn't install telemetry folder from the installer, hence why I didn't have those files, that makes sense now.
    Thanks.

6. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    I have that option enabled and my GTX1070 runs at 36C. Its not making my GPU run any hotter

7. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    I remove that crap from the drivers before install and I don't have any problems.

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Been using for a few days and no problems at all. Tested multiple synthetic and in-game benchmarks with very good results. Just FYI when new drivers come out this is my process. I uninstall current ones, restart, download new drivers, extract, custom installation, only install the main and physx driver, also check clean installation.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Steam can only cause load on your gpu if theres things being updated visually in steam.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Can anyone report Nvidia the Output Dynamic Range LIMITED issue when turning off TV using HDMI ? I already sent them

The problem with OutPut Dynamic Range .
    It is always suppose to be set to FULL. it always been with all the drivers before.
    With 430.64 when I turn my TV off and wait until it shut off totally , when I turn it On , the Output Dynamic Range set to LIMITED .

Now even when the TV is off and I am doing Remote Control using TeamViewer I can see the Output Dynamic Range is LIMITED when the TV is Turned Off .

There is something in the driver Auto Detect or Auto changing or Bug that happens when it doesn't detect HDMI Signal , ex is when TV is turned off or nothing is connected using HDMI .

Please fix this issue because it is terribly annoying, it does that Everytime I turn TV off .

I don't know if it happens with any HDMI Monitor or TV that turn off totally like it's not connected . but with the OLED it is turned off like it's not exist or no HDMI is connected to save power

But it didn't happen with any driver before 430.64.

How to produce the issue

Install 430.64 clean install , physx and Driver only , not GPU Experience or HDMI Audio

Restart

Set Output Dynamic Range to FULL and set Use Default Color Settings

Turn OFF TV

After couple minutes turn TV On

It should be set LIMITED By it self .

Even when I did Remote Control using TeamViewer I saw it was Limited after I turned the TV off . so it is Automatically when something happens with the HDMI Signal and the Driver - BUG.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and you were already told by several people that the issue is only occuring for your particular case, they will only take feedback from users experiencing the issue via the survey unless you're a fairly known developer or user who knows how to construct a perfect test case. (even then, issues experienced by the few are not as focused on as the majority)

12. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    Tried to reproduce your bug but nothing happened.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    maybe its content type auto detection related?

14. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Same here. +1

15. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Why triple post?

16. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    Is anyone else getting crash on startup playing Forza Motorsport 7? Idk if it is the driver or the newest game update but the game just crashes straight to desktop once the menu start loading...........Please and thank you. any help would be appreciated.

17. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I've checked the 'Enable GPU accelerated rendering in web views (requires restart)' and previously is un-tick and I even tested with ticked.

FYI, I'm using the latest version HWiNFO64 & GPU-Z, the GPU Power is around 6~9 watt during idle and light browsing.

P.S. The ambient temperature is around 28~34°c and idle GPU temperature is hovering 38~45°c

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Something I discovered for the first time. This driver has has Max Pre-rendered Frames set to 1 as the default. I don't know if previous drivers did or not.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

I don't think YOU do.
    and no, i don't use GPU-Z, i use tools that can go deeper than that and see where the load is getting applied

Steam is not using any of the gpu at idle.

Maybe your issue is you set the global settings to prefer max instead of leaving it alone.

All drivers have defaulted to zero (auto) for a long time (since 0 became the setting for auto) and this one continues that habbit from a clean install for me.

the VR prerender setting is 1 though.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its clear you don't understand how the GPU performance preferences actually work.

1, Anything that uses gpu acceleration will promote the card to 3d clocks when configured to Prefer Max, even when the gpu is idle, that's where your 60w comes from.

Steam itself can be fully accelerated at idle clocks, with infrequent increases to low power 3D when decoding pictures and videos.

2, the prefer max setting is connected to cards being stuck at 1300/1350mhz on pascal and turing when set globally - it should be set per application.