[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They do try to cache more into RAM now since one or two Windows 10 builds back so you'll frequently see SysMain running after exiting software and games and then this eases the next boot up assuming nothing else needed said memory at which point it gets freed up for the next process. :)
    But it should only run for around a minute or so at most and that's on a HDD system here and it should only start if the rest of the system is in a idle state though once it does get started it will slow everything down until it's finished caching or updating the prefetch data though it's not too problematic but if you're browsing the web or similar you might see some freezing and stalling until HDD activity is lessened. Annoying but ultimately it should only take around a minute so it is pretty optimized. :D

EDIT: I assume the caching also works a lot better on a SSD so you can multi-task and all that and it probably finishes quicker too.
    (Definitively THE bottleneck for whatever system I build next so a SSD is going to be a thing for the boot drive and then that is going to need a lot of reading and re-learning ha ha.)

Jackalito likes this.
  2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Just a heads up, been dealing with a nasty little latency issue, affecting video playback and gaming. Turned out that just before 1903 became available, MS updated a Class structure that made several AV packages incompatible, and the AV apps need to update. I use McAfee Total Protection, and they haven't updated their app yet, and until the apps do, you may experience sporadic system lag and latency, causing audio streams to break, and games to hesitate.

https://www.computerworld.com/artic...-with-several-missing-others-reappearing.html for more info

Jackalito and JonasBeckman like this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I think I saw a couple of notes for a few builds throughout the 19H1 / 1903 cycle (Well 1905 now really.) mentioning compatibility issues with anti-virus software as a possible problem for well these builds but Microsoft usually doesn't clarify the issues further so it's nice to have some more info on why that was a problem, always good to know more about these things!

4. evlo

evlo Guest

GPU:
    rx570v rx580, gtx10
    I tried the media creation tool and it downloaded 1809

5. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Yes, it is not yet available to the general public.
    "RTM" is a term MS doesn't use anymore.

The 19H1 update is being given a thorough period in the Insiders RP ring, and will be starting to roll out via Windows Update (and the MCT and the upgrade assistant) for people who actually look for it (hit refresh, etc ...) late May.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Mcafee is a joke in the AV industry, im not sure how you don't know this.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I liked it when Intel was managing it. Seems the goodness has declined. Sad really.

8. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Just caught it slowing down my PC even it only used 15% of CPU. MS definitely screwed up something superfetch related in 19h1

9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I also have to disabled that (same goes for RS5) or else my games will freeze every 5 minutes and resume a few seconds later.

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I hope we get some updates today... (Its mid-may and tuesday!).

Lets go M$...

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    My guess some CU for 1809, 1803, etc. I think 1903 will be later on but who knows with MS, maybe they will post MCT to 1093.

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    So far just a Defender update for 1903

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fixed.

14. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Oh baby
    [​IMG]

Edit: Build 18362.113

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497936/windows-10-update-kb4497936
    • Provides protections against a new subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities, known as Microarchitectural Data Sampling, for 64-Bit (x64) versions of Windows (CVE-2018-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions and Windows Server OS editions).
    • Addresses an issue that decreases Internet Explorer’s performance when you use roaming profiles or you don't use the Microsoft Compatibility List.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the text, layout, or cell size to become narrower or wider than expected in Microsoft Excel when using the MS UI Gothic or MS PGothic fonts.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is this offical yet or should I just get 1809 build to reinstall windows 10 when I redo uncles pc for his SSD?

Seeing his computer everything on metered it wont be updates any time so he would aviode most issue. or should I just installed 1809? or just reinstalled the 1803 build he has on usb stick?

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    @Vidik RTM ? Or not yet...

17. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    No one knows. It's still officially called "Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18362.113" though 18362 was out for 2 months already and it's been through all "rings". Everyone considers it an RTM build but it doesn't mean that build version will stay the same or it won't get any more updates before being officially released.

18. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Update problem for update KB4497936. Installed twice succesfully, and the second one has "(2)" added in update history.
    First 'succesful update' still showed .86 after reboot. Second update updated properly to 18362.113.
    Way to go Microsoft ;)

Jackalito likes this.
  19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Pretty sure 18362.xxx is the main RTM build. If anything new, it will come via regular updates. So will not make much difference if you install now or wait for the official, imo.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    .113 will probably be the final version...