NVIDIA GeForce Version 430.64 WHQL - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Dan, May 9, 2019.

1. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    Ohhh snap. Might be MS installed wrong driver. Thank you amigo

DarK SchneideR likes this.
  2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Well I'm pretty sure Nvidia can create their own labs with the billions they make, especially with their prices lately. Tbh I don't know if you are a shill or just stupid that you would accept the fact that telemetry isn't something that we at the very least should be able to easily opt out of and at an optimal level shouldn't have to deal with to begin with.

Unlike you some of us remember the times before everyone was disguising spying on their users as telemetry. Things were, by and large, better. I think this is pretty clear for both windows and the nvidia drivers. And if it's not clear by now, imho it's really naive believing they primarily put telemetry in to make the drivers better. They have seen companies like FB and Google make billions on spying and just want to add to their bottom line.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    I wonder ,why when I want to install this driver . I receive this error.
    NVIDIA installer can not continue
    The Nvidia Graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.
    This Graphic Driver could not find compatible Graphic hardware

It seems nVIDIA didn't support laptops with this driver and in Geforce.com while the driver I downloaded from here clearly said 430.64-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.
    the last driver for laptops in Geforce.com seems to be 425.31

4. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    The 430.xx notebook drivers still support laptops, just not laptops with mobile Kepler GPUs which is what your GTX 660M laptop uses.

Here's the announcement which you missed: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4779

Latest driver which still supports mobile Kepler is 425.31.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    More dsr issues

Just tried Resident evil7 and resident evil 2 remake and both suffer from same maximized windowed mode. And what's worse if I click on the screen it switches to Fullscreen for a sec then switches back to windowed.. i tried to switch to fs 10x and no luck.. i quit the game in the end.

I'm going back to 425.42 Vulkan driver, have enough of this.

Edit: after i typed this and tried again it worked.. kind of upper window bar dissapeared # but still showed taskbar. When I clicked on the screen it went to fs normally.. happened by both.
    But yesterday it didn't work no matter what.. voodoo magic

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Their lab doesn't have YOUR computer, or YOUR user environment, which is usually the difference between a reproduction of an issue or not.

7. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Sorry i replied to this so late (just saw this post), there might be a couple of things you can disable in Firefox that might help.

Do you have any VR equipment? They started enabled webvr crap recently. Also you could try disabling graphics/hardware acceleration in firefox, and also disable webgl (need to do that one in about:config).

I love firefox but they do like to enable experimental crap sometimes without really telling people, lol.

8. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    But again they have no intention in fixing EVERY SINGLE PC, they just grab most/major-issue that detected and reported by telemetry

Ever since they using telemetry, do geforce driver become whole-better than before ?
    i think there no much improvement different than before, not yet
    like windows10, telemetry many-things but still bad, while windows7 simple and straight = less problem

Thus some people prefer want to have option to disable it

9. ciceros

ciceros New Member

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 1070
    Is it bad to expect some control over the telemetry feature? At least, It should be better to have an option to switch on/off a feature that is not essential to use a product I purchased.

I am not saying the telemetry is completely useless or has an evil scheme.

*edit : trying to fix my second language.

10. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    Only in these nvidia subforums on guru3d or nvidia website are the only ones trying to get their systems cleaner as possible, i like to do that too tbh, disabling all the "spying" stuff and everything related, but let's be real, that's just us the loud minority. The rest of the world is probably just bloating their system with things like wallpaper engine, docks, third party windows skins like windowsblinds, etc even on crappy pc. Proving that most of people don't give a crap about some of these telemetry stuff, so sadly no most likely there is not going to be an opt out option for telemetry or if there is any is going to be way too late probably when 30 series are in mid life, i know i don't have any base or evidence on my claims, just using some common sense, this telemetry thing was invented so they can get on forums and get to the point of the issues so they won't be reading bullshit debates like who's cock is bigger and who's is having an issue and who doesn't while the people with high end rigs will say there is no issues (in my case i never experienced issues with my rig and nvidia drivers, but sadly i know there are some for others) while people with old hardware or mid-low end rigs claiming their cards are nerfed.

11. alanfox2000

alanfox2000 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I started zandronum today (brutal doom) and opengl mode is unusably slow. It's been many months since I last played it but I never had this problem. Software mode worked.

edit: wtf, extended display mode (win+p) is causing this :S

edti2: Resolved by reverting to 419.67

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  13. pekka

pekka Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    Hey guys i am sitting on a GTX880M card and none of the 430xx drivers are conpatible with my version of windows is the error i get.
    So is there a way to install them manually?

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    your 880m is mobile kepler based, thats why it won't work.

15. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP

16. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Someone should post this anytime someone comes in here to defend this telemetry junk/trend.

[​IMG]
    Source

Sajittarius, AsiJu and Vidik like this.
  17. mansonfamily

mansonfamily Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ventus OC
    Mine is only 12,1 mb.
    Don't know where you're getting such nonsense.

18. aaronne

aaronne Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 MOBILE
    lol all this telemetry things..
    here is my .dat (20Kb) file, this after manual removing folders from nvidia .exe 430.64 installation and editing few lines on it..

[​IMG]

It never grow up but I don't know if other files are involved.
    Also NVCPL cpu usage sit <1%

[​IMG]

So here is the installation leftover (many folders are removed, check yours by ad personam use):

[​IMG]

and here is the workaround I did every install apart folders removing showed before:

-edit "setup.cfg" file by notepad and remove these 3 lines:
    <file name="${{EulaHtmlFile}}"/>
    <file name="${{FunctionalConsentFile}}"/>
    <file name="${{PrivacyPolicyFile}}"/>

-remove "NVNetworkService.exe" and "NVNetworkServiceAPI.dll" from NVI2 folder

-edit "DisplayDriver.nvi" file and search all "UsesNvTelemetry" entry values and change to false (Default: True)

19. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Mine is about the same size, didn't even do a clean install and I use GFExperience for driver updates.
    Reading that reddit thread further it seems like it was a bug for some users that had 430.39 installed, not 430.64

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the wal file is capped at 256MB, anyone with larger has stuffed their system up.