Rage 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 14, 2018.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Just received our review code. Keep an eye/ear out. PC version, naturally. Embrago has lifted for us UK peeps so I may stream it later, for those interested. ;)

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    i pass on this on gfx looks like sh!t, and the ai are pretty outdated.
    Maybe when its getting on a bargain i might buy it with all the dlc, but for now its not worth my money.

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Ill be playing in about 10 mins if you have any questions folks

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  4. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Cool. Wanting to know your framerate at 4k with the 2080ti if you can.

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Meh I've been craving a new FPS since Metro Exodus and thought this may be the one; but after reading some reviews, I'm not sure. Its between that and Odyssey (with all DLCs) at this point.

Serotonin likes this.
  6. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Idk about this game, maybe will get it when it's on sale. Odyssey though, I can't recommend it enough.

7. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Atm its locked at 60 fps with vsync on or off cant remove it. Looking for an option

8. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Maybe you have the "automatic resolution scale target fps" setting at 60?

9. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Was my bad had a 60fps hotkey pressed.

1440p ultra, Indoors is 140-165 fps Outdoors seems to be about 110+

Very smooth so far and no hitches at all, Gunplay reminds me of Bulletstorm.

tons to unlock atm.

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Let’s start with some really great news. RAGE 2 is powered by the APEX Engine and takes advantage of the Vulkan API, and we are happy to report that the game runs like a charm on older CPUs.

At 1080p/Ultra settings, we were GPU limited (I believe this is the first time we see our RTX2080Ti being fully utilized at just 1080p). Our Intel i7 4930K was able to run the game with a minimum of 134fps and an average of 142fps. At 2560×1440, we were getting a minimum of 93fps and an average of 101fps.

Our PC Performance Analysis will go live tomorrow so stay tuned for more (as we’ll include numbers of AMD’s GPUs).

https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/...lder-cpus-4k-screenshots-pc-gameplay-footage/

surrrrweeeeeet! 3 hours and countin!!!

cerebus23 likes this.

11. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    So, I spent the last 2.5 hours playing. It's pretty good! The story is well told and the voice acting is pretty cool (especially male Walker). The AI is very hit and miss, sadly. The visuals are nice and remind me a lot of Mad Max (as you'd expect) as does the driving/vehicular combat. The strengths are undoubtedly in the gunplay and special skills. Combat is very satisfying and meaty. It's running surprisingly well on my ageing GTX 970.

Here's my stream from earlier on. Showcasing some of the features of the PC version:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/424419304##

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    unlocked on bethesda launcher 30 minute unlocking time tho now lol

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, he was playing at 4K (as he said in the review) and said the performance would hit mid 50s.

14. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    UK steam has just unlocked

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    FYI: This is a vulkan title, so SLI/CrossFire is not supported driver side - the game must have VK MGPU implemented.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just played about an hour and a half of the game, completed the opening section (very generic and quite boring), got into the open world drove around and complete 1 arc mission for a new power, and 1 random hideout where I had to fight a giant ogre-like monster in a sewer.

THE GAME IS EXCELLENT!

The opening "tutorial" section is very bland, and boring though. So get passed that and once you are free to explore the world it really opens up. The gun play is probably THE BEST I have ever seen in an fps game. Fast, responsive, fluid, and most of all damn fun.

There are TONS of stuff to do, lots of missions, side missions, and hideouts to explore, tons of monsters and enemies roaming around to kill also so there is never a dull moment.

Performance is simply OUTSTANDING. I can't report actual fps numbers as I couldn't get RTSS to work with the game but I know what sub 60fps feels like and I know what 100+fps feels like and it was never sluggish, never had massive dips either. Going with the vulkun API only was such a good choice and it really shows. You know from past experience playing games such as this that when you are about to do something that creates a lot of mess in the game (large explosions, etc) you know and brace your self for that fps dip.... it simply didn't come at all. I threw 4 grenades, which blew up about 10 barrels and 4 gas canisters, wiped out 6 enemies, whilst entering overdrive mode (your player becomes super powerful and shoots super fast) all this in the open world in a random outpost and the game NEVER chugged once.

As for graphics/IQ, there are some corners cut sure, the environments like inside buildings, sewers, etc are a little light on clutter but the textures are great, the world looks stunning and its huge too. Lots of stuff littered around the world like small bushes, cars, buildings, and enemies. Gun models look great and pack a loud punch too.

This game so far feels like an fps mad max on steroids.... with hint of cocaine for good measure.

Sure some parts are very generic but so far its a hell of a lot of fun.

PS/ I haven't seen a single microtranaction (yet) which is always a bonus in my eyes.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Yep agreed. Get past the generic opening and you will be pleasantly surprised. The game runs flawlessly with no stuttering.

18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Before possibly buying I need to ask here since I haven't seen any videos showing that aspect of the game well or not at all (and devs didn't talk about it much).

How is the wildlife activity / presence in this open world game exactly? Is there some sort of a dynamic ecosystem with animals / mutants? Nothing complex but, you know, animals around doing their own things? Mutants or bandits roaming around and not just on roads with vehicles? Any conflicts between 'factions' in the wild while you can observe from a distance maybe? Or is the open world just really big with not much to see between specific zones or bases / outposts where the enemies are and always stay?

From some of the preview videos I'm watched the actual open world itself (outside of traveling in it to go to Point B for a mission) seemed extremely bland and boring. For instance I would have liked to see something like the player luring some wildlife or mutant in an enemy base and letting it wreck havok until it dies or something like that (say, similar to the stuff you can do in the Far Cry games, at least with FC2 and FC3 that I know of). So far though I don't think I saw things like that, but that was just from the stuff I happened to watch. I didn't want to see too much either so I might have missed something.

I just want to know if the open world itself (outside of missions and specific bandit outposts) is fun to explore and mess around with, or if it's really just about going from Point A to B to clear out enemy outposts one after another while not seeing (and doing) much outside of that type of activity in the game.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have only played about 2 hours and I have no seen any wild life in the world. Just mutants and bandits, they do do their own thing though. I was driving around and came across an open battle between bandits and mutants which was pretty epic. There are other people driving around too like in GTA (friendly NPC's) who seem to be doing their own thing also.

As for the dynamic eco system I am afraid that is more than likely missing from this game.

Just a question though, why would their be any wild life? The game is set in a post apocalyptic world that was hit by a massive meteor destroying life on earth. Only a few humans survived, humans would obviously survive being the only living thing on earth with more than 3 brain cells and you know thumbs... lol :p

signex likes this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, performance is fantastic.
    Maxed settings, 1080p, silky smooth performance.

My only issue, the game seems to dislike remapping controls. As I remap almost everything... I can't activate Overdrive.