NVIDIA GeForce Version 430.64 WHQL - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Dan, May 9, 2019.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL this guy trying to put down someone who forgot more about computers then almost everyone on the guru3d.com .Nice one bernek

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the only users who had those problems are the ones who think they know best and disabled crap intended to make the software better.

since those same users are horrible at giving legible feedback.

Archvile82 likes this.
  3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    This forum doesn't even represent 0.1% of geforce users. Typical user just blindly installs drives and probably updates through geforce experience . Nvidia has plenty of folk to run experiments on, don't you worry. However most people here would love to have a simple telemetry opt-in or opt-out option.

chispy likes this.
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Installed 430.64 via NVSlimmer using notebook DCH package, no telemetry installed, NVCP working.

5. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Both WHQL driver 430.39 released in April, and 430.64 have failed to initialize the NCP (i.e. the control panel is inaccessible). I made a post about this on Nvidia's forum and received no help.

I am running Windows 10 version 1809. Any help would be greatly appreciated! BTW, I have read venturi's comments here about the issue he was having, but unfortunately my issue is different. When I installed these drivers, I used the standard driver set. But nevertheless I cannot gain access to the NCP in any manner whatsoever.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Restart the display container.

7. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    So
    I did a backup before I embarked on this driver. I did not want to go back to it because I would have to recreate some things I did etc. But in the interest of science (LOL) I went back to before the 430.64 install (both the accidental DCH install and regular install)

METHOD and FINDINGS:

removed 425.42 using nvidia uninstaller, reboot
    ran DDU, let it remove anything left behind by nvidia uninstaller
    installer regular (non DCH) nvidia 430.64 driver

removed 430.64 using nvidia uninstaller, reboot,
    ran DDU, let it remove anything left behind by nvidia uninstaller
    installer regular (non DCH) nvidia hotfix 430.53 driver

RESULT:
    in both scenarios (1 & 2)
    no option in nvcpl other than "manage GPU utilization

CONCLUSION:
    As the other prior drivers have not manifested this behavior AND the fact that in this forum thread alone there are several versions of the same issue - the nvcpl driver issue is at least related to the 430xx series as well or more specifically related to this driver. While it does not affect ALL users and ALL hardware configurations, there is enough anomalies both in my testing and in other users reported issues on the 430 driver series that it would be REASONABLE to say that this driver has some nvcpl bugs. The release of the ineffective hot fix driver is also testament to the issues.

It is also of note that nvidia did change several telemetry, container, ms store, and reporting systems in this driver.

Reverting to prior 425.42, 421xx, 419xx, and 416.30 did not manifest (in my particular situation) this nvcpl anomaly. 425.42 and below did not manifest this issue in my configuration.

I did submit an nVidia support driver feeback ticket (which may be ignored by them).

A small rant:
    I am not sure why the dch driver exists. I don't understand the sorry state of DX12, and mGPU (the only ever true functional mGPU release was Ashes of the Singularity DX12 and Strange Brigade for Vulkan). I am bewildered that there isn't an OPT OUT on telemetry for the nvidia drivers. I am puzzled why a video driver is bloated past 500MBs. I am disappointed in DLSS and I am despondent on the Ray Tracing debacle.

fr3quency and Thunk_It like this.
  8. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    @venturi

That is a great summary post above me, including the rant! I have been using Nvidia drivers for many years, and I have never experienced this issue; at least not to this extent. And though I have had this issue before, there was always a fairly easy fix for it.

venturi likes this.
  9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    @venturi
    When you say "removed 425.42 using Nvidia uninstaller, reboot" are you uninstalling from the control panel, program, and features?
    I never do that just use the installer, haven't had any issue with NVCP but never installed DCH driver so that might be an issue.
    Maybe try 425.42 then just run NV 430.64 installer with no clean option and see what happens.

10. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I tried 430.64 in the hope that it would have resolved the issue described above. This time I tried both the standard driver install, and the clean version where all of the telemetry files had been removed. Both had the problem, so it appears to not be related to the telemetry issue. I'm really thinking it's the combination of 1803, the new WDDM, GTX980, and my Gsync monitor turning back on. Back to 425.31 and everything is fine again.

Last edited: May 11, 2019

11. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    If it happend once for telemtry to hog 15-20% cpu because of a bug clearly
    If it happened once to hog resources (due to an obvious bug) doesn't mean that its a resource hog all around. All these spyware and telemetry crap from our beloved hardware and software providers aren't supposed to lower performance at least not a visible or tangible way. Do you think a company like nvidia who is fighting its rival and the fact that the RTX sales aren't that great want to slow down you gaming/computing power with a process that calls home to report data ?

People are like this these days if something happened then all blame that thing forever and ever ! I'm offended about telemetry or something else lets blame it until the end of world.

This 3dmark mania is taking over the concept of playing and enjoying games like you should. I'm not trowing dirt around but it seems most of the people posting in this forum are more benchmark oriented than actually playing games. So am I maybe but I've lost interest in benchmarking all day long (since my life changed and I honestly prefer to play more and bench and overclock less).

Really sorry if my post looked like that anyway ...

12. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    How much does online "influencer" work pay these days? aka shilling for poor poor nvidia
    Sorry, couldn't help it

AsiJu and bernek like this.
  13. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

I normally use the DDU.
    Hoping that nvidia, in this case, may have a better uninstaller, I had tried it both ways to be doubly sure.

As for normal nvidia uninstaller.... I have had poor results when dealing with multiple gpus. So now I manually do the removal or use DDU or both

Also my issue is with the normal driver (not the DCH) I don’t use the windows store,

14. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    UPDATE

I just tried an install on my wife’s PC of the 430.64 normal driver

She’s on an SLI titan xp build.
    Windows 10 Enterprise

Findings:
    After clean uninstall of 425.42, the 430.64 manifested only having “manage gpu utilization” in the nvidia control panel.

Common element so far:
    Windows store is turned off.

Did nVidia hardwire
    windows store analytics into the driver?

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  15. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Suprim
    Hitman 2 still freezes 5 minutes in with DX12, haven't tried it with DX11. There's something seriously wrong with this game's engine; there's been nothing but trouble ever since the game got launched.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its possible theres some reliance here.
    its also possible theres some other race condition going on.

17. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    I never earn in my life even 1$ from the internet or anything related to it :) I'm just getting old and I don't usually see the reason to hang on to minor things like a telemetry process. I just want my games to work fine and thats about it :) Maybe I've lost some ground on the tinkerer part of my life where I would look for all these minor issues.

I do love the influencer term its new right ? and I believe those girls from Instagram are doing this business mostly.

18. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Would she consider leaving you for me?

venturi likes this.
  19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    BUG WITH DRIVER

Everytime I turn my TV ON / connected using HDMI , Output Dynamic Range goes LIMITED instead FULL .

How come this BUG came now ???????? what did you change nvidia ?!! it was working fine 15 drivers

Make HOTFIX ASAP to fix this issue, it's so annoying with your driver to change to FULL every time because the driver laugh at us, it takes 2 times to change it because somehow it likes to revert it BACK ALWAYS one time the first time you change it @#!! this bug never fixed

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that isn't worth a hotfix driver.

bernek likes this.