Grab for Free: Age of Wonders III

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 10, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You can download a free copy of Age of Wonders III, the turn-based strategy game from 2014. This entry to the classic strategy series from 20 years ago has players building an empire in a fantasy se...

Grab for Free: Age of Wonders III

XP-200, Undying, chispy and 4 others like this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Cool... been skipping buying this game even on discounts because of too little time to play it... anybody tried this before?

3. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    Looks quite a good game, thanks for the link Hilbert.

Not that I am paranoid ( ok, I am paranoid) does anyone use them and how intrusive are they with their newsletter? Alternatively if you decide to pay them monthly for offers is it a good deal?

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Thanks for the heads-up! This is a game I could potentially play, so I decided to redeem it.

I've been subscribing to the newsletter for a couple of years, or something. It's a veritable barrage of emails, that much I can tell you. Lots of emails every week. I wish I could turn off the monthly deal advertising as I will never buy it, so it's useless to keep trying to sell it to me week after week. The usual store sales emails don't bother me and I check them out.

5. G0dly

G0dly Member

GPU:
    1080 TI
    Weirdly I have never received any emails other than relating to orders no matter how many of these free deals I take, you could always just click the unsubscribe button when you receive the first of them though I guess.

6. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    Thanks Hilbert :)

7. ROMA_TUROK

ROMA_TUROK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    turn-based strategy :(

8. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    paranoid to newsletter ?
    well humblebundle is "legit" sites... so if u find its intrusive, just unsubscribe
    aside of that, just filter in email client, for gmail i think automatically move them to "promotion" instead ur main inbox

Embra likes this.
  9. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    If you like Civilization and fantasy settings you'll probably enjoy the AoW series. Nothing to lose by trying it out when it's free :D.

10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Weird, I don't have that problem. I pretty much only get emails whenever there's a new bundle, a free game, or some special deal. So, maybe once a week.

Kaarme likes this.

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Interesting. Maybe there're are some settings I could adjust concerning the kind of emails they send. I could almost swear I did try to have a look a long time ago, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. Could have been some other site.

12. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I received an email every two to three days. They go into my suspect folder, so no bother to me.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    never had problem with the places emails get 1 or 2 email week if that and usual only when new bundle or free game give away, though some time I dont get the free game ones, this free game give away I didn't get email for that game they gave away I did get email though

I tried to get the game but not free and according to the article I still have 15min to claim it, guess they ran out of keys

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Claimed it, put already a few hours in. Nice game, and like you said @Prince Valiant it feels like a mix on Civ and a fantasy game... reminds me of Endless Legend, only more focused and a story mode's included.

Prince Valiant likes this.
  15. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Must be dead because I just checked, it appears to no longer be free.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, when I claimed it Friday / yesterday, not sure, there were only 8 hours left