PCI Device No Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by fr3quency, May 10, 2019.

1. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    First of all, I want to say hi to all of you. I have been a lurker for 2-3 months when I started thinking if I should upgrade to a new GPU or not.

I got my 1660 today and I wanted to format Windows 10 and start from scratch. The thing is I removed everything from the Nvidia driver installer and left it bare-bones(I removed everything including PhysX, HD Audio and all the other stuff). I checked in Device Manager and saw this:
    [​IMG]

It also existed when I swapped my old GPU for the new one in my old Windows 10 installation(latest drivers installed but everything removed as I said before leaving only the drivers and control panel)

So, I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light into this matter and if I should probably install the drivers like normal without removing anything.

If more info is needed:
    Windows 10 1903 18362.86 - up to date with everything
    Nvidia drivers 430.64
    GPU is Gigabyte 1660 OC

I should also state that I don't have any problems in my games from the two that I tried at least(League of Legends and Sekiro) but it kinda ticks me tbqh. Thanks a lot guys and sorry if this is the wrong section. :)

2. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Welcome to guru3d:)
    It's a good practice to remove absolutely everything GPU related before installing a new one.
    Go-to tool for that is DDU (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/display-driver-uninstaller-thread.379506/)
    It usually fixes most driver related problems. Just make sure to reboot into safe mode before using it. After restart you should be able to install drivers the way you want - custom, full, slim etc

EDIT:
    And yes, first try installing driver the usual way just in case. So maybe a custom installation of things you need through the standard nvidia installer, for example, physx and driver only but uncheck gf experience

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    fr3quency likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Download PCI-Z Tool
    -----------------------------
    Check.

fr3quency likes this.
  4. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately as I said, I formatted Windows 10 and started from scratch with my new GPU on board and installed the slim version of the drivers. I'm not really into reinstalling drivers over and over as I keep my system clean. ;x

Wow you're a life saver. With this program I found what the problem is, but what is this "wireless controller"? ;x Can I safely uninstall it from the Device Manager, it kinda irritates me xD

[​IMG]

Caesar likes this.

5. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Yep;)
    or let it be.

fr3quency likes this.
  6. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    I have a driver classified "Wireless controller" from NVIDIA, its part of the USB-C port, and also has a driver to match. If you want it to get a driver, install one that doesn't have that particular part stripped out.

fr3quency likes this.
  7. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    its the usb-c driver, some have it stripped if using wild drivers found online,

use snappy to pull that driver.

Caesar and fr3quency like this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Come back soon.... you are always welcome.....nice gurus here.:)

CrazyBaldhead and fr3quency like this.