Sound Blaster Z and 1809 upgrade

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Morpheous416, Oct 4, 2018.

1. StalCaiRe

StalCaiRe Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1050Ti OC
    have you tried installing the driver for sound blaster Z in Windows Safe mode with device manager

after that back in Win10 Normal mode you will see that in device manager under sound video & game controller only the entry "Sound Blaster Z" will be there

if you install the driver trought device manager in normal mode there will be the entrys "Sound Blaster Z" & "Sound Blaster Audio Controller" somehow this seems to result in many sound related bugs ...
    since I reinstalled the driver in device manager in windows safe mode I have no random sound cut offs or any distortion lag or some thing else using Win10 Pro 1809

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Two months later and still nothing from Creative for the Sound Blaster Z owners. Really hoping for an update soon, I've been putting off the Windows 10 19H1 Update; waiting for them to drop new drivers.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    We wont see any updates. They are bad.

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Why would SBZ owners need a new driver for the May update?
    Asking cause i have one. I would have thought that the card would work as it already does with 1803 build of win10.

5. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    You don't. I got a SBZ and Win 1903, no problems with the old drivers.

Glidefan likes this.
  6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    We might see an update, from a creative developer on this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlasterOfficial/comments/bc2sm4/sound_blaster_z_newer_driver/ekqebuy/

I'm going to start a thread on that sub-reddit for Soundblaster Z, so upvote and comment that we'd like to see a driver update, hopefully it'll push them to release one faster. I''ll edit and link it below once I post it.

EDIT:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlast...nd_blaster_z_driver_for_latest_windows_1903/?

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  7. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Btw, any issues i've had with the Z and win 10, is that with every major windows update, Win decides to install a driver from the windows update that while indeed newer, doesn't work.
    So i just install the one from the Creative support site and (again) disable the auto hardware driver update.