Who is your favorite pro wrestler of all time??

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 271771, May 5, 2019.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Probably Macho Man, he had the best interviews.

2. He was great. My personal fave, and one of the best talkers ever. Macho man, the rock, and dusty rhodes were the best talkers, and one of them is the best ever.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Macho Man Randy Savage and Jake the Snake Roberts. Just perfect examples of what "wrestling characters" are supposed to be. Larger than life, over the top, but very fun to watch. Wrestling these days lack characters, it's basically vanilla UFC. Guys pretending to fight for no reason...(where'd the storylines go?).

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Since it's not much of a sport, you should take it up and show everyone how easy it is. ;)

5. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Telling my age, but Dick the Bruiser and The Mummy.

Serotonin likes this.
  6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You're the kind of guy that considered Ric Flair (rightfully) a rip-off.

JaxMacFL likes this.
  7. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Was at one time work and hurt, now flash and cash.

Living in Memphis in the 70’s, my wife and I would venture to the coliseum and support Jerry "The King" Lawler, a local boy. We even bought a 45rpm vinyl record (might have to google for younger crowd), looking back feel a little taken aback, but would not trade the experience for a million bucks

Did like Randy Savage though, shame a heart attack got him.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    [​IMG]

My childhood superhero!!

9. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
  10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I probably would enjoy is if it wasnt so staged and fake. But, as most of us know real, authentic wrestling is boring to watch. Things need to be spiced up for commercial appeal and profit. And thats what led us to the sad state of televised or 'show' wrestling (act wrestling).

JaxMacFL likes this.
  12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I honestly dont get wrestling.
    The matches are play acted/choreographed so the result must be pre-determined.
    No challenge, no true endurance ...
    Why cares who wins, it has no value.

Deleted member 271771 likes this.
  13. It is not (clearly) about who wins and who loses. It is spectacle, somewhere in between theater and gladiatorial combat. Larger than life personalities clashing in flamboyant fashion. It is the soap opera of performance art. True, it has no bearing on reality, but neither does anything involving fantasy or illusion. Magicians aren't really magic, actors aren't really superheros, and pro-wrestling has pre-determined outcomes.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    There were neither sarcasm nor hint to smth in my question. I am just completely unaware of the theme. I have never seen wrestling. (And never will since only game sports trigger me. Only two game sports popular in USA do trigger me - basketball and classical volleyball).
    Also "no sport" doesn`t automatically mean "easy". For example - circus.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    JaxMacFL likes this.
  15. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    No different from watching a movie or TV show. It's all predetermined, it's just about enjoying it.

Serotonin and JaxMacFL like this.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I can lose myself in a movie.
    Fake wrestling is shallow it has no attraction.
    Sorry :)

Fair enough if its for you though, I dont have an agenda, whatever floats your boat.

ps I should have read some posts before I made mine, I didnt notice the post above mine saying more or less the same thing.
    I was hoping it was real in some way and I would get a clout round the ear for the right reason lol.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    JaxMacFL likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont think I really have favorite or ever did, but if I had to choose? rowdy roddy piper

Honestly I always knew it was scripted and who is gonna win and lose was know before the match started even when I was really in to in early 90's After the Montreal Screw job, people that didnt know it was scripted now did. Certian things are not scripted like what happen to Brusier Brody. and it arguable the Montreal Screw job wasnt scripted either cause I just cant see Bret heart going along with that but Shawn Micheal would.

Wrestling is only sport if you want to call it that were people live in 2 worlds there character and there real life. I still laugh to this day when I see submission hold applied in wrestling, if said hold was on they will tap or they will have broken bones or be sleeping. I watch WWF/WWWF/WWE or what it likes to be called some time and the amount of talking and drama vs actual matches of wrestling happening is why i just can bring my self to keep watching it for me then 10 minutes every 6 months. dont get me wrong vince mcmahon evil genius that turn the business into empire but it not same anymore that cat is out bag. im mean the had interviews with people brought in just to write scripts and knew nothing about Wrestling nor cared about Wrestling. The stuff the wrestlers do in there match and to the bodies are just crazy though. If the talking and drama was reduced a great deal I probably would watch it again.

Actual mat Wrestling the kind we see in Olympics is only true wrestling that isnt scrpited that I can think off.

JaxMacFL likes this.
  18. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    But people do take real hits. Look up hell in a cell, mankind vs undertaker.

jbscotchman, Serotonin and JaxMacFL like this.
  19. [​IMG]

Hell yeah, piper was badass.

JaxMacFL likes this.
  20. It is not a real contest, this is true. This does not mean that it isn't very physically demanding, not to mention dangerous.