Smartwatch

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by slick3, May 7, 2019.

1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I don't think I found a threat on smartwatches; apologies if it already exists. I was looking to buy a smartwatch because I am exercising again and would like to track my progress. I'm also a daily watch user, so if it looks casual versus 'fitness focused'; that's a huge plus. The downside however is the market is f'ing flooded with smartwatches, I haven't been keeping track at all and they are expensive as frick. Just started researching some. Ideally I would like one that is stylish, cheap (relatively) and, for heaven sake, a screen that doesn't scratch easily.

Do you guys own any smartwatches, if so which ones? What are your views on them?

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Ticwatch are alright for a cheap android wear.

Love the Samsung frontier though.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have Amazfit BIP. Now there is Amazfit COR 2.
    As for BIP. It has most of functions one expects. But stands above others with battery life. Mine lasts around 45 days on one charge while measuring pulse every minute.
    Lasts longer when measurement rate is once every 5 minutes.

One can use smart DND which puts phone into DND once you fall asleep... I like this one.

airbud7 likes this.
  4. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    The Amazfit BIP is probably the best out there when it comes to battery life. Personally, I like the look of the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active and Samsung Galaxy Watch. However, I still can't get myself to buy one... I think they are still not good enough. Just look at the Snapdragon 3100... A small step forward from the Snapdragon 2100... Still based on 20nm. Also for the WearOS based smartwatches, I read it has many issues related to ease of use. Apparently they are coming out with tiles but I think stuff are moving slowly on the WearOS side.

Samsung Galaxy Watch doesn't even have a MST in it... :\

Tizen also puts me off...

Last edited: May 8, 2019

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I bought the new Samsung Galaxy Active at launch, mainly because it's smaller than the normal smartwatch. Works great for me. Battery life is only like 3 days but it only takes an hour or so to charge.