Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Honestly, f'ing crybabies should go and play Fortnite if they want easier to see targets.
    I'm playing ultra graphics for exactly this reason: people are hard to see. I like my challenges.

Kolt and TaskMaster like this.
  2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    True. Sad but true.

Thinking of the combination of technical „perfection” of the patched game with the mechanics of the early/alpha/beta phases, that would be my ideal.

3. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Haven't played for a few weeks. Silently waiting for new map, supposed to come this month.

But I just heard from other players, that UK servers have been shutdown. And now matchmaking redirects to DE servers. Is this true?

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It is true. Not that it matters much though.

signex likes this.

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I agree. The only visibility that needs tweaking in my opinion would be the TAA sharpness. The game is a little too blurry which does hurt visibility negatively in a way that shouldn't be there. Other than that using camouflage and blending into the environments is part of the experience and should not be nerfed too much. It does seem like Dice/EA evaluates the lack of players as the game being "too hard" or the game needing to be overhauled mechanics-wise, when we can pretty much all chalk it up to terrible marketing, EA is hated, and a lack of real content like maps. You guys remember when they nerfed the TTK and make it take longer to kill players, only for them to revert it after backlash? They don't know what they are doing half the time it seems...

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Exactly as kolt says. The major problem with the game's visibility is the use of TAA.
    The game is very blurry, and has a lot of temporal artifacts that make it even worst.
    Instead of messing up player models with that fake lighting, they should remove TAA to make everything more visible.
    Sadly, I don't think this will ever happen, because Dice no longer listens to players and this has been a request ever since the first beta.

Kolt likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Same as with EA all the time: they listen to the wrong people, some vocal boons / streamers.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  8. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Firestorm Duos removed: https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...torm_rotations_update_so_long_and_thanks_for/

I personally did enjoy Firestorm with my friends, but we took a break due to the lack of content/fixes needed. With them removing duos I think my friends and I are just done with it altogether. Typically it was just my buddy and I, and we often had to go 2v4 against teams. At best it was 3 of us v 4.. without duos my interest in Firestorm just went out the window completely.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm a bit on the fence regarding the game, anyway to check the population of servers?

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Not really no.. you can try to manually count each server in the server browser but I'm not sure how accurate that would really be.

XenthorX likes this.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    No, but my impression is that there are plenty of active servers, albiet not nearly as many as in bf1, as you would expect from the much lower sales numbers.

XenthorX likes this.
  12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Game is still going relatively strong. Never have an issue finding full severs. Like a lot of BF games to be fair, you will always find serves. I have to say they better hurry up with new maps because the same maps is getting really, really old and there are not even that many.

big ROBOT bill and XenthorX like this.
  13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I think there’s also less variation among the vanilla maps compared to BF1.

Finding full servers isn’t a problem, but the list is getting shorter. Still perfectly fine to find a place for any game mode.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It shouldn't be A new map... it should be a map pack with at least 4 maps, as they used to give us...

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    So, 30.05. finally a new map! ONE MAP!
    https://www.ea.com/games/battlefiel...3-trial-by-fire-faq-part-two?isLocalized=true

I stopped playing a long time ago, since the lack of maps and other things...
    Question is, when will there be a 2nd new map,..!? Another 7 months later?! Sigh..
    Theres also a higher focus on Firestorm...which i still didnt play but want to try out..but not right now..im a bit disappointed of the whole BF Games-as-a-service model.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The question is, how long did they plan with this? WW2 had an extreme amount of settings and factions, so far they haven’t added anything.
    Do they really think it’ll keep going for 5 years or so?
    I like the service idea, but it has to be done right.

Kolt likes this.
  17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Has to be done right, sure, but for 7 months, what did we get? New gamemodes which are only active for a few weeks, new weapons/camo, Firestorm. Something else besides patches!?

Sorry but for a (BF) WW2 themed game there has to be more after 7 months. People wont play this for 5 years! Like you said, even missing the other factions is a joke.

fantaskarsef and Dragam1337 like this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    This is technically speaking by far the most content starved battlefield game in the last 10 years... it's a joke really... but it seems that when it failed in sales, they more or less dropped the game, and only a skeleton crew is working on updates now.

fantaskarsef, Kolt and ShadowDuke like this.
  19. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Went and played BF4 and couldn't believe how many were playing. Last year there were no where near the number that are playing now.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    People want modern warfare... bf4 was the last proper modern warfare battlefield game... so yeah, alot stopped playing bf1 / bf5 and went back to bf4 :)