Good gaming headphones for PC, budget within $150-200

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by johnny87au, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    They're a great set of cans that's for sure, not the best for positional if that's the goal but brilliant for single player and isolation. I think the best headphones I've ever used for positional audio were the HD598's, massive soundstage but a bit bass light and the obvious issue of sound leakage if that's a problem.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I would recommend the GSP500 for all your gaming needs, even for listening to music. The headphones are only 28 Ohms so no need for some fancy DAC to drive them. Price is 230 euros or something like that.

They are amazing for positional audio.

If you want to spend more, then you can pair them with the with the GSX 1000 then you got yourself one of the best setups for gaming out there IMO.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Just keep in mind, price is subjective. If you cannot hear a difference between a cheaper pair and a pricier one, going with the pricier one is a waste. That is point, it all depends on what your ears tell you. It is always best to audition pieces. If that is not possible, then you are flying blind. Weather one is happy with suggestions ends up being a luck of the draw.

Sometimes one has to educate their ears so they get used to all these nuances that has been mentioned. That takes time and money. Buying equipment site unseen, so to say, will be the most expensive route. Being able to audition the headphones allows one to narrow the field down with only taking the time willing to be put into the endeavor.

4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    TLTR: Boring headphones for gaming. Good for chilling, not good to have fun with.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I would disagree. It's accurate and the sound doesn't cause discomfort. Imaging is accurate. It works great for everything. I don't think that gaming needs or benefits from boomy, boosted bass or sibilant or piercing treble. Slumped mids are just harmful though.

These are personal opinions so your mileage may vary. I personally do not like boomy or boosted bass and artificial treble. Those may help to find out flaws in recordings but have no place in headphones that are used to actually listen to stuff.

6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  7. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Hey man sorry for the delayed reply, so it can support from 32-600 ohms which is easily more then Enough to power these headphones .Would using a fiio ek10 be an improvement at all from onboard or should I just stick with onboard ?

8. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070Ti O12G
    I have both Dt770 pro 80ohm and dt990 pro 250ohm. I much prefer the 990s sound but background noise leaking in got some time to get used to.

9. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

What about akg 7xxx for gaming only ?

10. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    Soundmagic HP200 open headphones or HP151 closed headphones are great bang for the buck headphones.

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    It's decent with nice soundstage.

HD599 has good balance between soundstage and amount of details and imaging. Pretty good for multipurpose.

12. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

I'm still stuck with either getting the dt990's or akg 7xx or senheiser hd6xx ... Gamers pleaseeeeee help a brother out :(

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    You might be right about the treble. There are some things where I need to turn down the volume because it's too bright. Never really happens in games though, mainly talking YT videos.

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    HD599!!

15. DethZero

DethZero Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC2
    Massdrop Senheiser HD58X Jubilees are great!