Alphacool releases Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro AMD Radeon VII M01

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 2, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Finally something prettier to look at.

3. MBTP

MBTP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX590
    Nice, would like to see the review of it.

4. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    It's been a while since I read the review, would this even help the card much?

5. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I think it should definitely help with maintaining higher clocks and ought to be considerably quieter.

6. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    I would like to get that gpu cooler thing for my sapphire R9 390....And alphacool is ffs cool, they have "Eisbier", with konnetktions you kan just open, and build onto it from other series there, same fast connector.

7. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i've been waiting for this.
    Alphacool has released pretty much the same thing (allowing for cold plate differences) for a few years now.

everything is top notch, and the "leak proof" tubing is effectively leak proof, with only an occasional droplet when the tubing to the radiator is top mounted. one square of toilet paper is more than sufficient when changing out gpus or linking to a full loop.
    best of all, this has a real heavy duty heatsink for when you're really pushing the VRM's, allowing external radiation of heat w/o dumping it into the coolant.

8. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

i believe it will help a lot. my Radeon VII is noisier than i hoped it would be and while the stock cooler is effective, the fans ramp up annoyingly.
    if i wasn't such an a-hole, i would've put off buying the EK waterblock for the Radeon VII.
    it is a royal pain to change out gpus in a full loop, but the gain in quiet and cooling is remarkable and worth it as soon as you put in a long session.